The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Dols » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:40 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Dols wrote:By the way the clubs aren't whinging or complaining, just a few minority supporters. So who are the real tree huggers.

Memberships down, crowd no's down, bar & food takings down, gaming revenue down, supporter morale down - yeah you're right champ, the clubs are singing from the rooftops.
Lol at the clueless, deluded world you live in.

You may want to ring Kris Grant/Roy Laird if you think SANFL clubs are happy with AFL reserves.
they have representatives on the commission to bring up their concerns. But when the problem is in your own backyard, you can't blame the neighbour across the road.

Once again do things to fix your own house just like the Eagles have done. On and off the field they are performing. Knock Slaven as much as you like but the results speak for themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby heater31 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:52 pm

Dols wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Dols wrote:By the way the clubs aren't whinging or complaining, just a few minority supporters. So who are the real tree huggers.

Memberships down, crowd no's down, bar & food takings down, gaming revenue down, supporter morale down - yeah you're right champ, the clubs are singing from the rooftops.
Lol at the clueless, deluded world you live in.

You may want to ring Kris Grant/Roy Laird if you think SANFL clubs are happy with AFL reserves.
they have representatives on the commission to bring up their concerns. But when the problem is in your own backyard, you can't blame the neighbour across the road.

Once again do things to fix your own house just like the Eagles have done. On and off the field they are performing. Knock Slaven as much as you like but the results speak for themselves.

Are the Eagles performing off the field? Don't think they own the building anymore their Port Road facility is located in and their Oval Ave Club is only open on Match Days. Just because they give heaps of kids free tickets when they play one of the AFL teams doesn't mean they are raking it in for the other 8 teams....Guess we will find out when the financial statements are released.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:58 pm

Dols wrote:For clubs it's not about money over the gate, it's about money spent once they are in there. Ask the Eagles, there is only one game a year they sell out of all drink and food. Who? The magpies.

Yet for every other side their lowest takings are from Port games.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:02 pm

Dols wrote:Unfortunately only 1 SANFL side has made the most of having no reserves when they play the crows. What the Eagles have done the last 2 years by having junior carnivals before the league game has been a marketing success resulting in their largest crowds for years, not to mention a massive cash injection coming from bar and food sales.

It doesn't have to be your idea to be a good idea. Maybe the other 7 clubs could do something similar and benefit.

By the way the clubs aren't whinging or complaining, just a few minority supporters. So who are the real tree huggers.

If the clubs aren't whinging why are they going to vote in rules that limit the AFL sides to 13 players.
You may also find Port wont be allowed to play at Alberton shortly and will have to play all their games away.
You are right in they probably wont be kicked out but life will be made much more uncomfortable for them
Jim05
Coach

Postby Dols » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:08 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Dols wrote:Unfortunately only 1 SANFL side has made the most of having no reserves when they play the crows. What the Eagles have done the last 2 years by having junior carnivals before the league game has been a marketing success resulting in their largest crowds for years, not to mention a massive cash injection coming from bar and food sales.

It doesn't have to be your idea to be a good idea. Maybe the other 7 clubs could do something similar and benefit.

By the way the clubs aren't whinging or complaining, just a few minority supporters. So who are the real tree huggers.

If the clubs aren't whinging why are they going to vote in rules that limit the AFL sides to 13 players.
You may also find Port wont be allowed to play at Alberton shortly and will have to play all their games away.
You are right in they probably wont be kicked out but life will be made much more uncomfortable for them
you are positive that they are going to be voted in? [emoji28], Tony Abbott thought he would be prime minister today also.

Dols
Reserves

Postby Jim05 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm

Dols wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

you are positive that they are going to be voted in? [emoji28], Tony Abbott thought he would be prime minister today also.

Reckon this vote will be unanimous. Clubs are filthy at the current setup and the clubs know they will realistically never be kicked out so this would be the next best thing.
Jim05
Coach

Postby Dols » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:16 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Dols wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Reckon this vote will be unanimous. Clubs are filthy at the current setup and the clubs know they will realistically never be kicked out so this would be the next best thing.
where they might have problems is the fact that the competition is not being dominated by them. Clearly the current rules are not precluding the other 8 teams from being successful.

They will add something in there like rookie players are not included in the 13 and the 13 will go to 15. Status quo[emoji106]

Dols
Reserves

Postby Jim05 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:24 pm

Dols wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Dols wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="Dols"]Unfortunately only 1 SANFL side has made the most of having no reserves when they play the crows. What the Eagles have done the last 2 years by having junior carnivals before the league game has been a marketing success resulting in their largest crowds for years, not to mention a massive cash injection coming from bar and food sales.

where they might have problems is the fact that the competition is not being dominated by them. Clearly the current rules are not precluding the other 8 teams from being successful.

They will add something in there like rookie players are not included in the 13 and the 13 will go to 15. Status quo[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
The clubs were spooked by the Crows run this year. If they had made finals they would of won it almost.
Took a very good Norwood side to stop it happening last year.
From the 2 clubs ive spoke too, they are pushing for 13 including rookies. Last year Port played 20 in the GF.
Clubs also concerned about finals qualifications and they are pushing for a few tweaks in that also. Not sure how much support there is for that from other clubs but it definately needs tightening up.
Jim05
Coach

Postby Dols » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:26 pm

Will wait and see how it turns out but you know they will not bend over and take it. Both clubs are the cows now. The cash cows. SANFL making plenty from Adelaide Oval.

Dols
Reserves

Postby therisingblues » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:25 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Dols wrote:In 2014 there were 10 games where attendances were greater than 4000, 7 of these games involved either Port or the Crows. So how will it be better without these two teams?

In 2015 the average attendance for 7 of the 8 sovereign clubs is increased by removing data involving interloper teams.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40557&p=2018733#p2018733

Why doesn't Dols respond to this post?
Confucius say, "Cold hard fact, hard to deny."
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dols » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:27 pm

Put the figures up, then I will

Dols
Reserves

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:39 pm

Jim05 wrote:

I'd be very careful about this while Port still have a side in the SANFL reserves competition. I actually think it might make their League side stronger if they can drop some rookies and duds to the ressies
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Dols » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:28 pm

therisingblues wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
Dols wrote:In 2014 there were 10 games where attendances were greater than 4000, 7 of these games involved either Port or the Crows. So how will it be better without these two teams?

In 2015 the average attendance for 7 of the 8 sovereign clubs is increased by removing data involving interloper teams.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40557&p=2018733#p2018733

Why doesn't Dols respond to this post?
Confucius say, "Cold hard fact, hard to deny."
put up the magpies home game stats!!!!!

Dols
Reserves

Postby LPH » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:41 am

Dols wrote:For clubs it's not about money over the gate, it's about money spent once they are in there. Ask the Eagles, there is only one game a year they sell out of all drink and food. Who? The magpies.

Oh, I thought it was about MEMBERSHIP numbers - don't these Members put money over the Bar & through the Canteen & BBQs?
Do you seriously believe that a bunch of free tickets given to local kids via letterbox drops is a SUSTAINABLE revenue stream?
You're not on the SANFL Commission are you?
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Dols » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:55 am

LPH wrote:

Oh, I thought it was about MEMBERSHIP numbers - don't these Members put money over the Bar & through the Canteen & BBQs?
Do you seriously believe that a bunch of free tickets given to local kids via letterbox drops is a SUSTAINABLE revenue stream?
memership in the SANFL is up 3% on last year. Next[emoji457]

Dols
Reserves

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:18 am

Dols wrote:memership in the SANFL is up 3% on last year.

A 3% increase is hardly worth writing about.

Nonetheless, I'm surprised this is the case. Do you have the figures at hand, Dols? I wouldn't mind a look.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby UK Fan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:23 am

Dols wrote:
LPH wrote:

memership in the SANFL is up 3% on last year. Next[emoji457]

Its Jake Parkinson.

http://www.cdfc.com.au/season-2015/dog- ... mber-2015/

Photos from Sundays game.

Note Eric in photo 177 on official cdfc website.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Dols » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:23 am

Magellan wrote:
Dols wrote:memership in the SANFL is up 3% on last year.

A 3% increase is hardly worth writing about.

Nonetheless, I'm surprised this is the case. Do you have the figures at hand, Dols? I wouldn't mind a look.
Jake Patterson in the advertiser:

"Our other key indicators are up — membership is up three per cent. Media interest and website activity is up. This tells us there is a vibrant and successful SANFL. And we are working at making it stronger.”

Dols
Reserves

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:32 am

Just out of interest, where's the increased media interest?
Can you quantify the increased interest you've seen?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:37 am

Thanks UK Fan and Dols. I'm curious to know how Jake arrived at those figures.

I would've thought all SANFL sovereign clubs were would've been down or plateaued, and presumably the Crows memberships don't have any influence. I also assume you can still buy a Port Reserves membership independent of the AFL membership? Would be interesting to know where this figure was at.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL