Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby StrayDog » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:35 pm

maxyoz wrote:I'm getting sick of reading all of this crap about Port Power/ Port Magpies.

We seem to have forgotten about the 4,000 Crows supporters.

Start bagging Adelaide again, I feel left out.

For the first time in almost a quarter of a century, proof that at least some footy fans in this country are past taking the piss out of Crows supporters.

Keep posting though, I'm sure something will inspire. :D
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1147 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:31 am

Heard Keith Thomas on 891 on Saturday, he said that 'Port Magpies don't want any advantages in the SANFL as it would diminish any achievements that they earned.' Not sure what he deems to be advantages or not.
He went on to say that Port will be affected next year by losing their juniors and zones. (I'm guessing that he deems this to be enough of a disadvantage to even out the $3m that they are breaking the salary cap by each week and having full time players)
He then went on to say just how important it was for the AFL to get equalisation right to make the comp fair and even for clubs struggling off the field.
So on one hand PAFC don't want any advantages over true SANFL clubs (but are sure as hell willing to take them and argue for them) and quite happy to accept a blatantly unfair competition, yet on the other they're demanding equalisation and fairness in the AFL.
The hypocrisy was laughable as was his stuttering delivery of the nonsense he was trying to push. One can only assume he's smart enough not to believe his own bull$hit.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby stan » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:45 am

wild dog wrote:
Rising Power wrote:
westcoastpanther wrote:
Rising Power wrote:[quote="westcoastpanther"]Further proof the Magpies are Gonzo...

http://www.portlincolntimes.com.au/stor ... e/?cs=1500

I do like the last line of that article. But really, have people been under a rock for the last 9 months? It was agreed that the zones would be realigned for 2015 onwards. Why is this such a surprise now?

No surprise, just further proof for the clowns that believe the Magpies still exist....

Just for some clarity, can someone define "the Magpies" and what constitutes "existence" please?

As I said earlier, I believe about 90% of people who support Port Adelaide in the AFL and SANFL aren't particularly concerned as to whether the Magpies "exist" or not. It's all for the greater good of the Port Adelaide Football Club (in whatever plane of reality you believe that club exists in). It's nice to see the prison bars and it's nice that they're still called the Magpies, but if they changed the nickname to the Power and wore the V then that's fine too. I'm sure Norwood will do fine with developing the EP and I'm sure they'll appreciate the extra support from Port Adelaide. I hope they develop a great partnership for years to come.

Smugness is strong in this one. Seriously mate make a profit first and pay the money back to the SANFL. If Port goes shite in the AFL, your crowds go sub 20k again you will begging for money from your Vic masters again. Remember you are still in debt, still making a loss and the record Grand Final losers. Your club has brought a highly liquid and asset rich organisation to its knees, and required a stadium financed by the state to the tune of half a billion to make your business model look even half ok.

Not only should the zones be taken off of Port, the weekly match payment for your Magpies should be doubled next year. Lets tax the b*stards till they choke.

In terms of having[/quote]
pretty sure the SANFL are doing there best to do this through the SMA.

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Hazydog » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:29 am

Interesting to hear Younnie after the game yesterday explain that Henderson could have played the game out but that they had a duty of care to ensure he was available for selection for this week's AFL fixture.
Didnt cost them the 2 pts in the end but came close to it.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby topsywaldron » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:38 am

CUTTERMAN wrote:Heard Keith Thomas on 891 on Saturday, he said that 'Port Magpies don't want any advantages in the SANFL as it would diminish any achievements that they earned.' Not sure what he deems to be advantages or not.
He went on to say that Port will be affected next year by losing their juniors and zones. (I'm guessing that he deems this to be enough of a disadvantage to even out the $3m that they are breaking the salary cap by each week and having full time players)
He then went on to say just how important it was for the AFL to get equalisation right to make the comp fair and even for clubs struggling off the field.
So on one hand PAFC don't want any advantages over true SANFL clubs (but are sure as hell willing to take them and argue for them) and quite happy to accept a blatantly unfair competition, yet on the other they're demanding equalisation and fairness in the AFL.
The hypocrisy was laughable as was his stuttering delivery of the nonsense he was trying to push. One can only assume he's smart enough not to believe his own bull$hit.

Coming from a man who sat on a board that approved a lucrative consultancy for one Keith Thomas I'm not sure we can expect much in the way of honesty from him.

Great player mind you.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby topsywaldron » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:39 am

Where are all the AFL reserves flogs posting about the awesome crowds for this weekend's games?

They seem to have gone missing, a bit like the SANFL crowds,
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby wild dog » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:41 am

Rising Power wrote:No smugness intended, my views are genuine. I agree Port need to repay the loans, it'll happen eventually. And I agree that if the team plays poorly for extended periods the crowds will probably drop into the 20ks (I think playing at AO will still help to bring some people in purely for ease of access). This is nothing new so the only point in bringing it up is to make yourself feel better. But taxing the club until it chokes isn't exactly a sustainable business model is it? Let's say the PAFC folds, leaving only one AFL club in SA. 11 AFL games a year in a half billion dollar stadium, forever stamping SA football as a laughing stock.

Well its nice that you're not intending to be smug. Possibly with your club sitting on top of the AFL and SANFL ladders and getting decent crowds for a change, your cavalier attitude to turning up to the odd SANFL game so that you can see the historic magpies running about in their historic prison bar Guernsey's for real, comes across as smug. Like a fat arrogant pig smacking its lips after a delicious meal prepared by the rest of the farm animals.

FWIW and I have previously stated this, I am now at the point where the SANFL and the public purse having been flogged so hard by your organisation (another analogy,) that you not succeeding will bring not only our competition to a halt, but seriously hurt the public image of the state. So I can honestly say that seeing Port Power fill Adelaide Oval actually does make me feel good. What would be even better is to see them get thumped in the finals in front of a packed house. I would be there to cheer them on.

In terms of taxing the club to utilise the SANFL as a reserves competition, I am in no doubt that unless we go back to the previous model (which we know wont happen) the two AFL reserves clubs running about in the SANFL will lead to common sub 1000 crowds. This is becoming a reality at my club, and will lead to its demise. The only way then is for the reserves teams to either leave the competition and allow the dividend from the SMA to rebuild the prestige of the SANFL and prop the clubs for a few seasons, or for the reserves teams to remain and subsidise the competition through taxation. Next year the status quo will remain, so your club has to pay at least double the amount to play.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby wild dog » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:43 am

topsywaldron wrote:Where are all the AFL reserves flogs posting about the awesome crowds for this weekend's games?

At home watching it on their big TV in the home theatre.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby maxyoz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:57 pm

topsywaldron wrote:Where are all the AFL reserves flogs posting about the awesome crowds for this weekend's games?

They all went to Noarlunga to join everybody else from this august forum to watch the Integrity Cup - where apparently there was minus 2000 South supporters and minus 3000 Central supporters.
Punk Rooster wrote:I can't believe that a topic that is quite clearly trolling has elicited a 3 page response....
maxyoz
Under 18s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 36 times
Grassroots Team: Kimba Districts

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:04 pm

Haven't posted in here for a while, might boost my post count.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby topsywaldron » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:21 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Haven't posted in here for a while, might boost my post count.

Hopefully just taken your resistance underground.

Last night in the Dogwatcher household.

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:25 pm

Funnily enough, I did sleep on a mattress on the floor last night.
That's what the mafia does when it goes to war, doesn't it?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby kickinit » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:12 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:Heard Keith Thomas on 891 on Saturday, he said that 'Port Magpies don't want any advantages in the SANFL as it would diminish any achievements that they earned.' Not sure what he deems to be advantages or not.

Seriously how thick are some of you people, all you can say now that Port area winning games is we have a advantage. How do we have a advantage when the SANFL clubs are the one that put this proposal towards PAFC. Everything that we have this year was given to us by the 8 SANFL clubs, we didn't steal, we didn't cheat for it, we didn't pay for it, it was given to us. This is what 7 of the 8 SANFL clubs wanted.

If you want to have a cry like a 2 year old baby, stop crying about PAFC and go and cry to the clubs that wanted this.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:29 pm

kickinit wrote:

Seriously how thick are some of you people, all you can say now that Port area winning games is we have a advantage. How do we have a advantage when the SANFL clubs are the one that put this proposal towards PAFC. Everything that we have this year was given to us by the 8 SANFL clubs, we didn't steal, we didn't cheat for it, we didn't pay for it, it was given to us. This is what 7 of the 8 SANFL clubs wanted.

If you want to have a cry like a 2 year old baby, stop crying about PAFC and go and cry to the clubs that wanted this.

For the first time ever I agree with you 100%, I admire the Power for taking advantage of the morons who voted it in without having all the details.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby RB » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:32 pm

Advantage
noun
1. A condition or circumstance that puts one in a favourable or superior position.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1075 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:06 pm

kickinit wrote:

Actually the main gist of the post was about Keith Thomas saying that Port didn't want any advantage in the SANFL as it would diminish any achievements. That being said, he's not doing anything about stopping these advantages is he. If Port truly didn't want these advantages they'd keep Magpies as a true SANFL team and put their AFL reserves elsewhere. But no, they chose to start doing this a few years ago by default. And again, what was promised in the One Club proposal???? "Port Magpies will never be Power reserves"....hmmmm.
I'm just pointing out what your CEO is putting forward in the media and the hypocritical claptrap that it is.
If we're going to follow your way of thinking shall we discuss the stadium deal at Footy Park? That's what Port agreed to so stop complaining. But no, it was everyone else's fault. Or shall we use the scenario of Port Magpies being a separate entity to Power? That's what you signed up to yet again who did you blame for it??? Let me guess. Everybody else?
Get my point?
Once again we have Port supporters willing to tar everybody else with blame when it suits you yet none of it falls back on you when it's your club that's pushed for unfair advantages.
I'd suggest you should comaining to your CEO if you don't like the message he puts out in public.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby CUTTERMAN » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:09 pm

While we're at it. Weren't Port trying to change the rules so they could keep Sommerton as the 28yo mature player on the Magpies list? So tell me again, who's trying to get the advantages.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby topsywaldron » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:20 pm

SANFL clubs never voted on the rules regarding Port's team, they were presented as a fair accompli by the completely excellent Commission after the yes vote to admit the Crowtards.

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby Rising Power » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:42 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:Actually the main gist of the post was about Keith Thomas saying that Port didn't want any advantage in the SANFL as it would diminish any achievements. That being said, he's not doing anything about stopping these advantages is he. If Port truly didn't want these advantages they'd keep Magpies as a true SANFL team and put their AFL reserves elsewhere. But no, they chose to start doing this a few years ago by default. And again, what was promised in the One Club proposal???? "Port Magpies will never be Power reserves"....hmmmm.
I'm just pointing out what your CEO is putting forward in the media and the hypocritical claptrap that it is.
If we're going to follow your way of thinking shall we discuss the stadium deal at Footy Park? That's what Port agreed to so stop complaining. But no, it was everyone else's fault. Or shall we use the scenario of Port Magpies being a separate entity to Power? That's what you signed up to yet again who did you blame for it??? Let me guess. Everybody else?
Get my point?
Once again we have Port supporters willing to tar everybody else with blame when it suits you yet none of it falls back on you when it's your club that's pushed for unfair advantages.
I'd suggest you should comaining to your CEO if you don't like the message he puts out in public.

I don't think this was ever stated. It wasn't proposed as part of the merger, that's as far as it went from what I remember. Everyone knew the Crows were going to be the ones to push the reserves issue eventually.

CUTTERMAN wrote:While we're at it. Weren't Port trying to change the rules so they could keep Sommerton as the 28yo mature player on the Magpies list? So tell me again, who's trying to get the advantages.

They didn't try, they did. Port also got an exemption to sign Jake Johansen as a 17 year old.

Edit: And Henry Slattery was signed as the 28 year old leadership player. The age cap was lifted by the SANFL.

The compromise was that the salary cap for the top up players be reduced.
Last edited by Rising Power on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL