The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:11 am

https://survey.edentify.com.au/surveys/ ... =13uk6uknu

SANFL
@SANFL
Got a minute? We’d love to hear from you.

We would appreciate a few minutes of your time to share your thoughts, so we can improve your SANFL experience and make a positive impact on local footy in South Australia.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:42 pm

PORT Adelaide and Adelaide have been granted more generous SANFL list concessions next season.

Three months after AFL club Port threatened to pull its reserves team out of the local league, claiming it played “under much stricter rules’’ than the eight stand-alone SANFL clubs, four list rules have been tweaked to give it and South Australia’s other AFL club, the Crows, a chance to build stronger top-up squads.

THEY INCLUDE ...

REMOVING the age clause of the marquee player: Previously restricted to signing a marquee/leadership player aged 26 or older, Port and Adelaide can now delve deeper into the market.

A spin-off could be signing an AFL draftable player they can secure for their AFL list in the contentious mid-season draft, rather than poach a player from another SANFL club, like the Crows did with Glenelg’s Brett Turner this year.

GREATER access to the SANFL rookie program: The two AFL clubs can now select one player, who must agree to the move, from a SANFL rival to participate in their rookie program (for 19-year-olds) without the chance of it being blocked by their original club.

Where a player is taken under this clause, their SANFL club will be financially compensated. Under the program, the player must be the first selected in the league team after AFL-listed players and the marquee man.

Father-son and Next Generation Academy players can opt into the program, giving Port and the Crows greater access to them and their development. North Adelaide’s Will Francou - son of former Power star Josh Francou - is understood to be one of the players on Port’s wishlist if he isn’t drafted.

IMPROVED salary cap: With the SANFL raising its salary cap from $210,000 this year to $300,000 next season, Port and Adelaide will be allowed to pay their SANFL-listed and marquee players more.

The base payment will rise from $1000 to $2000 and match payments from $250 to $350 while total base payments will double, from $5000 this year to $10,000 next season.

Marquee players will get a $5000 pay rise, up from $15,000 to $20,000, while their match payments will jump from $300 to $500.

LONGER player contracts: To rise from a maximum of one year to two to allow a player more club security.

Ratified by the South Australian Football Commission, the changes come after the annual review of the list rules and match conditions which govern the participation of SA’s two AFL clubs in the SANFL.

The stand-alone SANFL clubs will benefit from a tweak to the 10-year AFL player rule.

Previously Port and Adelaide were not required to pay a transfer fee for a player who had served a minimum of 10 years on their AFL list before being delisted and put on their SANFL supplementary list.

The player’s original SANFL club will now be financially compensated.

SANFL general manager football Matthew Duldig said this year’s rule changes “provided an opportunity for us to ensure the competitive balance between the AFL and SANFL clubs in our competition’’.

“We discuss and review the competition and rules and regulations on an annual basis, including those relating to the two AFL clubs,’’ he said.

“As a league, it’s important to continue to balance what’s best for football and the development of players in SA, ensuring we remain the best state league competition in the nation.

”We believe this year’s changes will have a positive impact across our competition for both young, aspiring SANFL players and the AFL clubs.’’
The rule changes should help appease Port and the Crows.

Port chairman David Koch and chief executive Matthew Richardson in August savaged the rules its club played under in the SANFL, saying “they mean our competitiveness is significantly impacted by the availability of AFL-listed players’’.

With a long injury list and Covid issues, Port finished eighth in the SANFL this year with a 5-13 win-loss record.

In contrast, Adelaide, which had a good injury run, finished second after the minor round with a 12-6 record before losing the preliminary final to eventual premier Norwood by 11 points.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby ferret » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:49 pm

Booney wrote:PORT Adelaide and Adelaide have been granted more generous SANFL list concessions next season.

Three months after AFL club Port threatened to pull its reserves team out of the local league, claiming it played “under much stricter rules’’ than the eight stand-alone SANFL clubs, four list rules have been tweaked to give it and South Australia’s other AFL club, the Crows, a chance to build stronger top-up squads.

THEY INCLUDE ...

REMOVING the age clause of the marquee player: Previously restricted to signing a marquee/leadership player aged 26 or older, Port and Adelaide can now delve deeper into the market.

A spin-off could be signing an AFL draftable player they can secure for their AFL list in the contentious mid-season draft, rather than poach a player from another SANFL club, like the Crows did with Glenelg’s Brett Turner this year.

GREATER access to the SANFL rookie program: The two AFL clubs can now select one player, who must agree to the move, from a SANFL rival to participate in their rookie program (for 19-year-olds) without the chance of it being blocked by their original club.

Where a player is taken under this clause, their SANFL club will be financially compensated. Under the program, the player must be the first selected in the league team after AFL-listed players and the marquee man.

Father-son and Next Generation Academy players can opt into the program, giving Port and the Crows greater access to them and their development. North Adelaide’s Will Francou - son of former Power star Josh Francou - is understood to be one of the players on Port’s wishlist if he isn’t drafted.

IMPROVED salary cap: With the SANFL raising its salary cap from $210,000 this year to $300,000 next season, Port and Adelaide will be allowed to pay their SANFL-listed and marquee players more.

The base payment will rise from $1000 to $2000 and match payments from $250 to $350 while total base payments will double, from $5000 this year to $10,000 next season.

Marquee players will get a $5000 pay rise, up from $15,000 to $20,000, while their match payments will jump from $300 to $500.

LONGER player contracts: To rise from a maximum of one year to two to allow a player more club security.

Ratified by the South Australian Football Commission, the changes come after the annual review of the list rules and match conditions which govern the participation of SA’s two AFL clubs in the SANFL.

The stand-alone SANFL clubs will benefit from a tweak to the 10-year AFL player rule.

Previously Port and Adelaide were not required to pay a transfer fee for a player who had served a minimum of 10 years on their AFL list before being delisted and put on their SANFL supplementary list.

SANFL general manager football Matthew Duldig said this year’s rule changes “provided an opportunity for us to ensure the competitive balance between the AFL and SANFL clubs in our competition’’.

“We discuss and review the competition and rules and regulations on an annual basis, including those relating to the two AFL clubs,’’ he said.

“As a league, it’s important to continue to balance what’s best for football and the development of players in SA, ensuring we remain the best state league competition in the nation.

”We believe this year’s changes will have a positive impact across our competition for both young, aspiring SANFL players and the AFL clubs.’’

Port chairman David Koch and chief executive Matthew Richardson in August savaged the rules its club played under in the SANFL, saying “they mean our competitiveness is significantly impacted by the availability of AFL-listed players’’.

With a long injury list and Covid issues, Port finished eighth in the SANFL this year with a 5-13 win-loss record.

In contrast, Adelaide, which had a good injury run, finished second after the minor round with a 12-6 record before losing the preliminary final to eventual premier Norwood by 11 points.

Thought SANFL clubs got injuries also. AFL have much better medical teams to get their players up and going. It's luck of the draw. Some seasons you have good injury runs some seasons bad runs. If AFL clubs say their top up players aren't good enough as replacements, SANFL clubs can claim AFL incoming players are better than the top end of SANFL players. As they say, swings and roundabouts. Stop whinging and complaining.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 137 times

The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Jim05 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:12 am

Booney wrote:PORT Adelaide and Adelaide have been granted more generous SANFL list concessions next season.

THEY INCLUDE ...

Duldig is a spineless wanker
Appeasing the AFL clubs should never be a consideration.
His job first and foremost should be to protect the interest of the SANFL clubs and ensure the AFL Reserves sides have zero chance of ever being successful
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby ferret » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:29 am

Aye, Aye.

Stand up to kochie, they couldn't afford to go elsewhere. Mob of whingers, should be thankful they are allowed to play in the SANFL.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby sib » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:03 pm

So there have been nobody complain since October last year. Has everyone given up.
sib
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:07 pm

sib wrote:So there have been nobody complain since October last year. Has everyone given up.

I was told by my club to lower the anti-afl gripe because "it might influence whether or not a player comes to our club"
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1659 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:10 pm

sib wrote:So there have been nobody complain since October last year. Has everyone given up.

There's only so many things that can be said before you're constantly repeating yourself.
Mind you I did look at the ins and outs this weekend and got reminded how stupid the setup can be when Will Francou got best on ground for North's reserves last week and plays for the Powers reserves this week. So the Power reserves this week get Francou and Narkle in on top of any AFL players which 8 clubs wouldn't.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:11 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:

I was told by my club to lower the anti-afl gripe because "it might influence whether or not a player comes to our club"

I hope you told them to **** off.
Geezus, I'd be extremely worried about my club if players going there were influenced by supporters gripes. I don't think they'd be the sort of player I'd want anyway!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:13 pm

Wedgie wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

I hope you told them to **** off.
Geezus, I'd be extremely worried about my club if players going there were influenced by supporters gripes. I don't think they'd be the sort of player I'd want anyway!

I thought it was a dumb thing to say,
that person isn't at the club anymore.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:22 pm

Not me. Not going to Glenelg tomorrow.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:26 pm

Pseudo wrote:

Not me. Not going to Glenelg tomorrow.

Similarly I went to the first 4 rounds but have missed the last 3 (2 AFL clubs and Glenelg Oval) continuing my usual trend.
Flying back from Sydney early on this coming Sunday so I can resume the season at Prospect against South. It's been a 4 week bye for me!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby UK Fan » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:26 pm

What a massive surprise that it comes to light the AFL have a bullying culture.

"If you dont let us into the SANFL we will go to the ammos and take all your sponsors" CHAPMAN

"If youre not onboard we will crush your league" MCLACHLAN.

Even a decade into the agreement, when speaking about the AFL clubs being in the SANFL. All the AFL fans have is scaremongering about how the SANFL will somehow cease to exist without AFL clubs involvement.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby MW » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:30 pm

UK Fan wrote:What a massive surprise that it comes to light the AFL have a bullying culture.

"If you dont let us into the SANFL we will go to the ammos and take all your sponsors" CHAPMAN

Even a decade into the agreement, when speaking about the AFL clubs being in the SANFL. All the AFL fans have is scaremongering about how the SANFL will somehow cease to exist without AFL clubs involvement.

I'd be careful putting direct quotes in print...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:39 pm

UK Fan wrote:What a massive surprise that it comes to light the AFL have a bullying culture.

I had a red or 2 with Pickard a few years back & he said the same thing, in a very patronising & arrogant way.
If we don't get our own way, we'll crush the SANFL,
then the players will go elsewhere & we'll get them from there.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Dogs64 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:38 pm

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-of ... 2c473a2f23

The fools realising what a failure the afl reserves have been.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 180 times

Postby Aerie » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:00 pm

Wow - almost the 10 year anniversary of this thread. The greatest whinge thread on the internet.

The whingers can say “I told you so”.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:31 am

Aerie wrote:Wow - almost the 10 year anniversary of this thread. The greatest whinge thread on the internet.

The whingers can say “I told you so”.
Interestingly now apparently West Coast have demanded concessions from the WAFL or they will go and play in the VFL
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby RB » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:34 am

If the WAFL are like the SANFL then they're probably dumb enough to give them the concessions.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby whybother » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:02 am

Interestingly now apparently West Coast have demanded concessions from the WAFL or they will go and play in the VFL

Long way to fly from WA to Qld for a reserves match
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL