The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the

Postby UK Fan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:39 pm

stan wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Magellan wrote:Here 's the article in all its glory:

Chris Schacht: Adelaide Football Club, Port Adelaide Football Club and SACA members must demand constitutional change

WHO runs the Adelaide and Port Adelaide football clubs?

If you think it is the 120,000 souls who form the two South Australian AFL clubs’ membership bases, then you are wrong.

The AFL Commission is the sole owner and controlling shareholder of the Crows and Power.

This means the 120,000 members spread across the great divide in SA football share one common theme.

They do not have any effective say in who manages and operates their clubs.

It is absolutely ironical that the two AFL football clubs in South Australia are not owned by any South Australians. They are owned by the AFL Commission, which has at present no South Australian as a director.

The AFL Commission has absolute power to appoint the majority of directors in each club. In the case of the Adelaide Football Club, the so-called members can elect two of the nine directors in a postal ballot.

But even after these directors are elected, their final appointment must be approved by the AFL Commission.

The remaining board members are appointed by the AFL on the recommendation of the existing directors at the two clubs. In recent months three new directors have been appointed to the Crows board. No notice was given to the members that new directors were to be appointed. Management at West Lakes did not seek registration of interest from any club member as to whom they wished to be considered for any of these vacancies.

Seven of the nine directors never have had to face a ballot by the club members.

The 60,000 members at each club are no more than subscribers who buy tickets to attend a football match at Adelaide Oval.

Recently, the Adelaide Football Club held its annual meeting at Adelaide Oval. This consisted only of the existing board members plus a representative of the AFL Commission.

The AFL, as the sole shareholder, did not send a representative to the meeting. It appointed one of the existing directors as its proxy. The session in essence was a private meeting with only the directors present.

The club’s annual report and financial statement was approved by the board, but not circulated to the so-called 60,000 members for their information. The annual report was adopted by the sole shareholder, who in this case was the AFL proxy.

If the Adelaide Football Club was a publicly listed company the annual report and financial statements would be publicly available to all members or shareholders before the meeting.

The words of the Crows club song, “we are the pride of South Australia”, are particularly ironic considering that no South Australian is a club shareholder.

By comparison, several of the original AFL clubs in Victoria, such as Hawthorn, still have a constitution which allows their members to vote for their directors. There also is a term limit on all board members including the chairman.

Clearly, the Hawthorn members are committed to ensure that their club runs well and as a result they have won four premierships in the past 10 years.

The Crows have not played in a grand final since 1998.

Either all AFL football clubs should have a membership and governance structure like Hawthorn or all football clubs have to be owned by the AFL in the same way as Adelaide and Port Adelaide. Otherwise, there is a two-tiered system of governance which is not fair.

Recently a select committee of the South Australian Parliament held a public inquiry into the governance of the South Australian Cricket Association (SACA). The report was scathing in the way the SACA board manipulated the election process of board members.

SA taxpayers have directly contributed over half a billion dollars to build a new stadium at Adelaide Oval, to the absolute advantage of the Crows, Port Power and SACA.

Taxpayers, as well as club members, have a public right to know that their sporting clubs are democratically run.

In South Australia the members of the Adelaide Football Club, Port Adelaide Football Club and SACA must demand constitutional change so that they, the members, truly have an effective say in the ownership and running of their clubs.

And the Booney/BennyMacs of the world support above. And try to claim "we can't have it both ways".

SA footys finest.

In fairness considering how poorly Port have been run in the past you wouldnt really want them to have run of the board now would you?

PAFC incompetence is irrelevant really.

They were encouraged to overspend by AD and the AFL for years. Then the afl used PAFC poor financial position as the basis on the value they placed on their licence when purchasing it back.

Freaking genius move by Victorians. And of course 100% supported by Olsen and PAFCs vic controlled board wonderful Safooty servants they are.

One Question on the crows though Stan ???

They are making millions every year as promised and using your justification for pafcs board.

So why have the afl taken the crows over ???

Thoughts
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:41 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:
UK Fan wrote:We've had 300 pages of football discussion on this thread alone dumbass.

https://memesuper.com/download/3aa07a5e ... 5d18c.html

Another constructive little contribution. :lol:

Until Wedgie comes up with a website http://www.blindlydefendingpafcbydummies.com.au

I Guess you're stuck with us buddy.

Would be about as successful as the AH lounge.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby GMcG » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:59 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:
UK Fan wrote:We've had 300 pages of football discussion on this thread alone dumbass.

Until Wedgie comes up with a website http://www.blindlydefendingpafcbydummies.com.au

GOLD!!
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:02 pm

Booney wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:

Would be about as successful as the AH lounge.

i wonder if you'd spit the dummy as much about its existence :-)

Cos that was god damn hilarious for all us loungers.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:17 pm

Booney wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
And the Booney/BennyMacs of the world support above. And try to claim "we can't have it both ways".

SA footys finest.

Remarkable that a website dedicated to talking about football is somewhere that you visit.

Most people would note it's never to talk football but just to throw grenades and scurry back under your bridge.

As long as the injustice endures we will continue to lob said grenades. Believe me, we would rather talk footy.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:19 pm

UK Fan wrote:

Yeah, gutted I missed out. I remember how much fun it was acting like a small child and calling people names, wish I could do it again.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:20 pm

therisingblues wrote:
Booney wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

SA footys finest.

Remarkable that a website dedicated to talking about football is somewhere that you visit.

Most people would note it's never to talk football but just to throw grenades and scurry back under your bridge.

As long as the injustice endures we will continue to lob said grenades. Believe me, we would rather talk footy.

5 games this week. 0 posts talking about it. Yeah, you're right. :roll:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:35 pm

Booney wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Yeah, gutted I missed out. I remember how much fun it was acting like a small child and calling people names, wish I could do it again.

Again ??

When did you stop ???

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:37 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:
UK Fan wrote:i wonder if you'd spit the dummy as much about its existence :-)

Again ??
When did you stop ???

Only imbeciles resort to calling people names, it shows they're out of their depth and struggling to keep up on an intellectual level.

The prosecution rests.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:49 pm

Booney wrote:
Booney wrote:
Only imbeciles resort to calling people names, it shows they're out of their depth and struggling to keep up on an intellectual level.

Booney wrote:

So when did you stop big fella ???

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:56 pm

Booney wrote:Only imbeciles resort to calling people names,

Says who, farty-pants?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:01 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:
Booney wrote:

Booney wrote:

So when did you stop big fella ???

Like I said, can't keep up.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Booney wrote:Only imbeciles resort to calling people names,

Says who, farty-pants?

Couple of wins and I can hear the woodwork groaning. Or is that the roof coming off? :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:03 pm

Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
Booney wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

SA footys finest.

5 games this week. 0 posts talking about it. Yeah, you're right. :roll:

The detrimental effects of the AFL reserves in our league. I am glad you are beginnign to join some of the dots.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby tipper » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:17 pm

Booney wrote:5 games this week. 0 posts talking about it. Yeah, you're right. :roll:

that just cant be right Booney. the AFL supporters amongst us told us all that the inclusion of the reserves sides would only increase interest in the SANFl and that without them interest would die. you.... you arent suggesting that they were completely wrong are you?
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:36 pm

tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:5 games this week. 0 posts talking about it. Yeah, you're right. :roll:

that just cant be right Booney. the AFL supporters amongst us told us all that the inclusion of the reserves sides would only increase interest in the SANFl and that without them interest would die. you.... you arent suggesting that they were completely wrong are you?

Not something I ever said would happen....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby tipper » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:45 pm

Booney wrote:
tipper wrote:

Not something I ever said would happen....

i never said you did. however, there were many posters (and club representatives) that said exactly that werent there? and this is the "anti" afl reserves thread isnt it? or is this the wrong thread to point that out?
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby stan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:12 pm

UK Fan wrote:
stan wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Magellan wrote:Here 's the article in all its glory:

Chris Schacht: Adelaide Football Club, Port Adelaide Football Club and SACA members must demand constitutional change

WHO runs the Adelaide and Port Adelaide football clubs?

If you think it is the 120,000 souls who form the two South Australian AFL clubs’ membership bases, then you are wrong.

The AFL Commission is the sole owner and controlling shareholder of the Crows and Power.

This means the 120,000 members spread across the great divide in SA football share one common theme.

They do not have any effective say in who manages and operates their clubs.

It is absolutely ironical that the two AFL football clubs in South Australia are not owned by any South Australians. They are owned by the AFL Commission, which has at present no South Australian as a director.

The AFL Commission has absolute power to appoint the majority of directors in each club. In the case of the Adelaide Football Club, the so-called members can elect two of the nine directors in a postal ballot.

But even after these directors are elected, their final appointment must be approved by the AFL Commission.

The remaining board members are appointed by the AFL on the recommendation of the existing directors at the two clubs. In recent months three new directors have been appointed to the Crows board. No notice was given to the members that new directors were to be appointed. Management at West Lakes did not seek registration of interest from any club member as to whom they wished to be considered for any of these vacancies.

Seven of the nine directors never have had to face a ballot by the club members.

The 60,000 members at each club are no more than subscribers who buy tickets to attend a football match at Adelaide Oval.

Recently, the Adelaide Football Club held its annual meeting at Adelaide Oval. This consisted only of the existing board members plus a representative of the AFL Commission.

The AFL, as the sole shareholder, did not send a representative to the meeting. It appointed one of the existing directors as its proxy. The session in essence was a private meeting with only the directors present.

The club’s annual report and financial statement was approved by the board, but not circulated to the so-called 60,000 members for their information. The annual report was adopted by the sole shareholder, who in this case was the AFL proxy.

If the Adelaide Football Club was a publicly listed company the annual report and financial statements would be publicly available to all members or shareholders before the meeting.

The words of the Crows club song, “we are the pride of South Australia”, are particularly ironic considering that no South Australian is a club shareholder.

By comparison, several of the original AFL clubs in Victoria, such as Hawthorn, still have a constitution which allows their members to vote for their directors. There also is a term limit on all board members including the chairman.

Clearly, the Hawthorn members are committed to ensure that their club runs well and as a result they have won four premierships in the past 10 years.

The Crows have not played in a grand final since 1998.

Either all AFL football clubs should have a membership and governance structure like Hawthorn or all football clubs have to be owned by the AFL in the same way as Adelaide and Port Adelaide. Otherwise, there is a two-tiered system of governance which is not fair.

Recently a select committee of the South Australian Parliament held a public inquiry into the governance of the South Australian Cricket Association (SACA). The report was scathing in the way the SACA board manipulated the election process of board members.

SA taxpayers have directly contributed over half a billion dollars to build a new stadium at Adelaide Oval, to the absolute advantage of the Crows, Port Power and SACA.

Taxpayers, as well as club members, have a public right to know that their sporting clubs are democratically run.

In South Australia the members of the Adelaide Football Club, Port Adelaide Football Club and SACA must demand constitutional change so that they, the members, truly have an effective say in the ownership and running of their clubs.

SA footys finest.

In fairness considering how poorly Port have been run in the past you wouldnt really want them to have run of the board now would you?

PAFC incompetence is irrelevant really.

They were encouraged to overspend by AD and the AFL for years. Then the afl used PAFC poor financial position as the basis on the value they placed on their licence when purchasing it back.

Freaking genius move by Victorians. And of course 100% supported by Olsen and PAFCs vic controlled board wonderful Safooty servants they are.

One Question on the crows though Stan ???

They are making millions every year as promised and using your justification for pafcs board.

So why have the afl taken the crows over ???

Thoughts

**** knows really to be honest. If its all about control then I would have thought the AFL would be in talks with the state government to sort out the SMA. And by that I mean push out the SANFL and kill the revenue stream to kill it off. Then SANFL formally becomes AFLSA.

Also Olsen, I keep saying it but christ its amazing when we are surprised about his actions. The guy is so corrupt its not funny.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby UK Fan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:03 pm

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:03 pm

"Premium" article....Although its hard to type that when Rucci is in the title. Anyway I dont have access, any chance of a copy amd paste?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL