The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:35 pm

whufc wrote:How would you feel if Goodwood Saints B Grade were placed in Div6 with your mob next season, you don't think MP would be slightly dissapointed.
Are you asking me if a D6 side could beat a D1r side :lol:

If Goodwood finished, 2nd, 4th, 6th and second to bottom, I honestly wouldn't care!! Because it would've meant the comp was even and thus not compromised.

You're all arguing on the comp being comprised based on hypotheticals, not REALITY. Reality says the comp has been even and SANFL teams will win both flags and quite easily the second time around.

You're complaining about literally your own vivid imaginations.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Magellan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:36 pm

morell wrote:You've gone from having 10/10 clubs being comprised and every flag being won by at least a couple of AFL players.

I'd also like to read a more detailed explanation of what you mean by this.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby tipper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:39 pm

morell wrote:
tipper wrote:
morell wrote:Not out of the question I wouldn't have thought.

And then watch this thread when all the same numpties cry a river about Port leaving the SANFL and abandoning SA Footy and leaving the comp in ruins.

i for one will rejoice when the power are not longer a part of the sanfl.

for the record, while your argument is that the competition has been compromised for years is indeed true, that is no reason to compromise it further now. why make a bad situation worse??
Again. Explain how it is worse?

You've gone from having 10/10 clubs being comprised and every flag being won by at least a couple of AFL players.

To 2/10 clubs being compromised and every flag being won by 0 AFL Players.

How is it MORE compromised?

tipper wrote:and if the power do indeed leave the sanfl at some point in the future (hopefully sooner rather than later) the only reason the competition would be in ruins, is because of their (and adelaides) inclusion to begin with. just need to get rid of the reserves sides before the damage is irreversable and we can all be happy
Sureeeee...

If the AFL clubs leave the SANFL, then the SANFL have nothing left to keep their finger in the proverbial AFL/SMA Adelaide Oval big gloppy delicious well attended money making pie.

Good luck running the SANFL after that happens. ;)

because previously every club in the league had the same rules. the same access to afl listed players (determined through a draft) the same salary cap, the same everything.

now we have the crows with one set of rules, the power with a second, very different set of rules, and the traditional clubs with a third. you are the one ignoring the facts in yoru argumments, maybe you would like to read through some of the rest of this thread, it has already been covered before.

too bad about your claims on the sma too. the sanfl dont have an interest on there due to the afl reserves sides. it has never revolved around the reserves sides. they have an interest as the custodians of aussie rules football in this state, and the sanfl holds the contract for afl games being played here. if hte sanfl wasnt included in the sma, the afl clubs would still be playing at footy park, unless the afl wanted to pay out a big dollar contract for no benefit.....

so now they are a stakeholder in the sma, pretty much guarantees an income for at least the forseeable future, unless around the time the contract for afl games runs out the afl itself decides to stump up the cash to build a competing stadium here, but as the afl cant even afford its own reserves league i dont see that happening.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby UK Fan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:41 pm

Dols wrote:
UK Fan wrote:DOnt forget to get the SANFL annual licence fee properly valued by independent interstate valuers.

WAFL getting $400K, VFL clubs can earn over $1 mill for 3-4 year affiliations with AFL Clubs.

We get $50K.

YOu want to hurt these pricks.

Go for their hip pockets.

They say they we cant afford it well.... bugger ye orf cos thats the value.

Not hard.

You are getting plenty from the sale of football park which port gave up their 11% stake in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who are Jake ???
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby tipper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:42 pm

morell wrote:
whufc wrote:How would you feel if Goodwood Saints B Grade were placed in Div6 with your mob next season, you don't think MP would be slightly dissapointed.

If Goodwood finished, 2nd, 4th, 6th and second to bottom, I honestly wouldn't care!! Because it would've meant the comp was even and thus not compromised.

You're all arguing on the comp being comprised based on hypotheticals, not REALITY. Reality says the comp has been even and SANFL teams will win both flags and quite easily the second time around.

wait, so you think the league is fine because a reserves side hasnt won a flag yet?? WTF? you have completely missed the point of every poster that has been against the reserves side i have read on this site.

its no point replying to you, i dont think you are capable of understanding our point of view. your side has what it wants, so everyone else must be happy too. are you from the US?
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:44 pm

Is it any surprise that a gentlemen whose proud of a premiership which included his clubs best possible side beating a clubs 44th-66th best footballers in the finals can't see an issue with our current set up
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:44 pm

Magellan wrote:
morell wrote:That "cap" money is used to develop players so that they can fit back into the AFL system better, not to win SANFL flags.

Then put them in a proper reserves competition that does just that.

OK!

Maybe if Port could keep more of the Adelaide Oval revenue instead of handing a large portion back to the SANFL we might be able to.

But of course the SANFL (and thus the clubs) rely quite heavily on that revenue don't they. ;)

We want Port in the AFL to financially sustain us!!!

But whoah whoah whoah don't go trying to be successful in the AFL by implementing a structure that every other AFL club has because its brings back bad memories and hurts our feelings!!!
morell
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:46 pm

Yeah, about time the Sanfl gave port some money.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1215 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby tipper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:48 pm

morell wrote:
Magellan wrote:
morell wrote:That "cap" money is used to develop players so that they can fit back into the AFL system better, not to win SANFL flags.

OK!

Maybe if Port could keep more of the Adelaide Oval revenue instead of handing a large portion back to the SANFL we might be able to.

But of course the SANFL (and thus the clubs) rely quite heavily on that revenue don't they. ;)

But whoah whoah whoah don't go trying to be successful in the AFL by implementing a structure that every other AFL club has because its brings back bad memories and hurts our feelings!!!

that money that they "hand" the sanfl is called rent. might want to look up how it works when you use someone elses property, you dont get it for free, or do you think that your club actually owns the stadium? and hate to bring up the recent past, but it was the sanfl financially supporting the power until the last couple of years. how much money was it that the power were gifted? about time they started doing some heavy lifting of their own isnt it?
Last edited by tipper on Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:48 pm

tipper wrote:
morell wrote:

wait, so you think the league is fine because a reserves side hasnt won a flag yet?? WTF? you have completely missed the point of every poster that has been against the reserves side i have read on this site.

its no point replying to you, i dont think you are capable of understanding our point of view. your side has what it wants, so everyone else must be happy too. are you from the US?
I don think its fine at all. Maybe you should read my posts, I've said countless times the best case scenario is AFL not being in the SANFL.

But I genuinely think its better than how it was before because it means the two AFL clubs have the best chance of success and the SANFL is LESS compromised than previously - irregardless of how the rules are stipulated - the results are in the pudding.
morell
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:51 pm

morell wrote:
tipper wrote:
morell wrote:

I don think its fine at all. Maybe you should read my posts, I've said countless times the best case scenario is AFL not being in the SANFL.

But I genuinely think its better than how it was before because it means the two AFL clubs have the best chance of success and the SANFL is LESS compromised than previously - irregardless of how the rules are stipulated - the results are in the pudding.

What that we now have a competition where 2 teams results solely depends on how a team in a different competition is going
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby tipper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:53 pm

morell wrote:
tipper wrote:
morell wrote:

explain to me, someone who doesnt support either of the adelaide afl sides, nor any other afl side, how giving the afl clubs the best chance of success is a benefit to the sanfl? i couldnt give a **** how successful they are. it benefits North Adelaide not one bit if they are or are not. the afl clubs being successful is a benefit to them, not the sanfl, and as far as i was aware, we are talking about the sanfl here.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:54 pm

tipper wrote:
morell wrote:
Magellan wrote:

OK!

that money that they "hand" the sanfl is called rent. might want to look up how it works when you use someone elses property, you dont get it for free, or do you think that your club actually owns the stadium? and hate to bring up the recent past, but it was the sanfl financially supporting the power until the last couple of years. how much money was it that the power were gifted? about time they started doing some heavy lifting of their own isnt it?
And how much did the SANFL make from Port home games? Do the maths, one or two years of the SANFL tipping into the club which they were financially crippling with their shit stadium deal in the first place doesn't make up for the LITERAL MILLIONS of dollars Port generated for them by being in the AFL plus the 100+ years of being the biggest and best supported club in the state.

As for the rent palaver - please. We've still one of the worst "landlord" deals in the country.
morell
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:56 pm

Ah Morell's Mass Debate has now reached the SANFL board. Lord Praise the :shock:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:58 pm

tipper wrote:explain to me, someone who doesnt support either of the adelaide afl sides, nor any other afl side, how giving the afl clubs the best chance of success is a benefit to the sanfl? i couldnt give a **** how successful they are. it benefits North Adelaide not one bit if they are or are not. the afl clubs being successful is a benefit to them, not the sanfl, and as far as i was aware, we are talking about the sanfl here.
Increased revenue for Port and the Crows at the AFL results in an increased revenue for the SANFL. Which means more $$$ for juniors, infrastructure, development etc
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:58 pm

heater31 wrote:Ah Morell's Mass Debate has now reached the SANFL board. Lord Praise the :shock:

I needed some fresh meat 8)
morell
Coach

Postby tipper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:59 pm

[/quote]And how much did the SANFL make from Port home games? Do the maths, one or two years of the SANFL tipping into the club which they were financially crippling with their shit stadium deal in the first place doesn't make up for the LITERAL MILLIONS of dollars Port generated for them by being in the AFL plus the 100+ years of being the biggest and best supported club in the state.

As for the rent palaver - please. We've still one of the worst "landlord" deals in the country.[/quote]

ah, but the afl is a business, and the sanfl is rightly entitled to a return on its investment in the stadium. the crows seemed to make money under the same deal. maybe the power should have looked closer to home for turning their finances around. it was more than 'one or two" years too, but whatever, keep rewriting history.

and if you dont like the landlord, maybe ask the afl to pay out the contract that they signed with the sanfl for the rights to afl games played in this state. it is afterall the afl who did the deal. then you can go play at someone elses stadium, wait.....
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby UK Fan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:00 pm

morell wrote:
Magellan wrote:

OK!

BUild your own stadium and keep us much profit as you like. Tenant an SANFL owned one and guess what ????

JUst like every other club in the AFL.

So you werent successful in the AFL without reserve before ?????

Give us back the $16 million we wasted on saving your aish and well talk revenue cuts.

Until then....................................
Last edited by UK Fan on Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:01 pm

whufc wrote:Is it any surprise that a gentlemen whose proud of a premiership which included his clubs best possible side beating a clubs 44th-66th best footballers in the finals can't see an issue with our current set up
Shit comment. We're all adults here and whilst differing opinions are flying about the place, its all healthy, there is no need to stoop to this short of crap. Disappointing.
morell
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:02 pm

morell wrote:
whufc wrote:Is it any surprise that a gentlemen whose proud of a premiership which included his clubs best possible side beating a clubs 44th-66th best footballers in the finals can't see an issue with our current set up
Shit comment. We're all adults here and whilst differing opinions are flying about the place, its all healthy, there is no need to stoop to this short of crap. Disappointing.

Poor diddums!!!!

Reality is a bitch sometimes.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL