The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby tipper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:03 pm

morell wrote:
tipper wrote:explain to me, someone who doesnt support either of the adelaide afl sides, nor any other afl side, how giving the afl clubs the best chance of success is a benefit to the sanfl? i couldnt give a **** how successful they are. it benefits North Adelaide not one bit if they are or are not. the afl clubs being successful is a benefit to them, not the sanfl, and as far as i was aware, we are talking about the sanfl here.
Increased revenue for Port and the Crows at the AFL results in an increased revenue for the SANFL. Which means more $$$ for juniors, infrastructure, development etc

how does increased revenue of the afl sides equate to increased revenue for the sanfl? the stadium is basically already full every week isnt it? so not really any increase in attendance to be found. what other money are the sanfl getting from the afl clubs?

basically, increased success for the afl sides (which is yet to be shown by the way) means increased revenue for the afl sides, which means the afl sides are happy so everyone else should be too. is that pretty much your argument?
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby tipper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:05 pm

morell wrote:
heater31 wrote:Ah Morell's Mass Debate has now reached the SANFL board. Lord Praise the :shock:

I needed some fresh meat 8)

at least its pushing the "run rate" along by rehashing stuff that has been proved wrong pages ago.

have you actually read the rest of the thread at all?
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:08 pm

UK Fan wrote:
morell wrote:
Magellan wrote:
morell wrote:That "cap" money is used to develop players so that they can fit back into the AFL system better, not to win SANFL flags.

Then put them in a proper reserves competition that does just that.

OK!

Maybe if Port could keep more of the Adelaide Oval revenue instead of handing a large portion back to the SANFL we might be able to.

But of course the SANFL (and thus the clubs) rely quite heavily on that revenue don't they. ;)

We want Port in the AFL to financially sustain us!!!

But whoah whoah whoah don't go trying to be successful in the AFL by implementing a structure that every other AFL club has because its brings back bad memories and hurts our feelings!!!

BUild your own stadium and keep us much profit as you like. Tenant an SANFL owned one and guess what ????

JUst like every other club in the AFL.

So you werent successful in the AFL without reserve before ?????

Give us back the $16 million we wasted on saving your aish and well talk revenue cuts.

Until then....................................
the SANFL built the stadium with the money they got from Port in the AFL!

SANFL makes money from Port for 100 years.

SANFL builds things using that money and then charges Port to use them

Port deal with it and improve things, makes SANFL more money

Port play in elite competition and try and remain competitive by ensuring their on the same level playing field as rivals

SANFL clubs complain (about nothing, really) despite the fact they're getting propped up by Port money and things Port money helped build.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:09 pm

morell wrote:
whufc wrote:Is it any surprise that a gentlemen whose proud of a premiership which included his clubs best possible side beating a clubs 44th-66th best footballers in the finals can't see an issue with our current set up
Shit comment. We're all adults here and whilst differing opinions are flying about the place, its all healthy, there is no need to stoop to this short of crap. Disappointing.

What do Port Magpies have to be be proud of using almost all full time footballers to win a premiership against part time footballers, is that an achievement worthy of being proud of, that's like being in sales at work and having a full time employee proud that he sold more product than the casual staff member

Oh wait winning a premiership is secondary to development, wicked that's awesome for the comp
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:10 pm

tipper wrote:
morell wrote:
heater31 wrote:Ah Morell's Mass Debate has now reached the SANFL board. Lord Praise the :shock:

at least its pushing the "run rate" along by rehashing stuff that has been proved wrong pages ago.

Look, I haven't read all of it, and I do offer up my apologies if this is going over old ground. Please link me up if it is.
morell
Coach

Postby tipper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:13 pm

morell wrote:the SANFL built the stadium with the money they got from Port in the AFL!

Port play in elite competition and try and remain competitive by ensuring their on the same level playing field as rivals

SANFL clubs complain (about nothing, really) despite the fact they're getting propped up by Port money and things Port money helped build.

wait, you want the power to be on a level playing field with their rivals, but think its ok for the sanfl clubs to not have a level playing field. do you actually see the hipocrisy of your argument?
Last edited by tipper on Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby tipper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:14 pm

morell wrote:
tipper wrote:
morell wrote:

Look, I haven't read all of it, and I do offer up my apologies if this is going over old ground. Please link me up if it is.

start at page one of this thread and go from there. ill see you sometime next week once you go through all 200 odd pages and can come up with an original argument
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Pseudo » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:15 pm

"Morell". Interesting name for a troll. A morell is a kind of mushroom, innit?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:16 pm

Loving your new venture Morell

I think you are missing the point somewhat, you seem to be targeting the on field where a lot of the issues in this thread stem from the off field issues.. Crows and Port having different rules for entry etc, Port still having an 'academy' side and playing at Alberton etc

I don't like the idea of a capped number, only because what it gets capped at 12, where do the 5 players that aren't allowed to play that weekend play? they miss out on a game of footy because they might be a part of a side that is too strong? I think that compromises the comp even more that it already is, and just doesn't sit well..

FWIW, I am not 100% convinced that taking the AFL out of the SANFL will be this massive rejuvenation within the comp that people here seem to think it will.. I don't overly like the concept, but at the end of the day, we have 3 pure SANFL teams remaining in the comp and my team is one of them so im a happy camper, and we don't have to worry about losing Crows/Power players to means beyond our control..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:16 pm

whufc wrote:
morell wrote:
whufc wrote:Is it any surprise that a gentlemen whose proud of a premiership which included his clubs best possible side beating a clubs 44th-66th best footballers in the finals can't see an issue with our current set up
Shit comment. We're all adults here and whilst differing opinions are flying about the place, its all healthy, there is no need to stoop to this short of crap. Disappointing.

What do Port Magpies have to be be proud of using almost all full time footballers to win a premiership against part time footballers, is that an achievement worthy of being proud of, that's like being in sales at work and having a full time employee proud that he sold more product than the casual staff member
That's the thing, outside of a maybe 1,000 dyed in the wool supporters, no Port fans give a shit, really... and I doubt the hierarchy truly do either. Port are about winning AFL flags.

whufc wrote:Oh wait winning a premiership is secondary to development, wicked that's awesome for the comp
So now we're not trying hard enough!!

Try and win flag - stop it Port Adelaide we don't want you to win because its unfair!!!!!
Don't try and win flag - ahh stop it Port Adelaide we want you to try!!!!

You're like my little brother, wants to win but wants the illusion that I am trying my best and cant handle losing.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:19 pm

tipper wrote:
morell wrote:the SANFL built the stadium with the money they got from Port in the AFL!

wait, you want the power to be on a level playing field with their rivals, but think its ok for the sanfl clubs to not have a level playing field. do you actually see the hipocrisy of your argument?
you ignored the first part - trying to remain competitive.

Again, the rules might be different, just like the rules are different for the Gold Coast Suns and GWS and previously the Sydney Swans, but the rules are different to ensure an even competition.

Currently, the SANFL is perfectly even.
morell
Coach

Postby tipper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:21 pm

morell wrote:
tipper wrote:

Again, the rules might be different, just like the rules are different for the Gold Coast Suns and GWS and previously the Sydney Swans, but the rules are different to ensure an even competition.

um, i did bold that bit.

no it isnt perfectly even. i dont see 10 to 15 afl players playing for North each week. can you point out which players on Norths list are also on an afl list?

just because the afl reserves sides havent won anything yet doesnt mean the competition is 'even"
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:22 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Loving your new venture Morell

I think you are missing the point somewhat, you seem to be targeting the on field where a lot of the issues in this thread stem from the off field issues.. Crows and Port having different rules for entry etc, Port still having an 'academy' side and playing at Alberton etc

I don't like the idea of a capped number, only because what it gets capped at 12, where do the 5 players that aren't allowed to play that weekend play? they miss out on a game of footy because they might be a part of a side that is too strong? I think that compromises the comp even more that it already is, and just doesn't sit well..

FWIW, I am not 100% convinced that taking the AFL out of the SANFL will be this massive rejuvenation within the comp that people here seem to think it will.. I don't overly like the concept, but at the end of the day, we have 3 pure SANFL teams remaining in the comp and my team is one of them so im a happy camper, and we don't have to worry about losing Crows/Power players to means beyond our control..

Hai HT!

Great post mate. I agree with all of it - even the fact I might have missed some points.

I forget where I am sometimes, it's like walking into the Vatican and proclaiming there is no god. :D :lol:
morell
Coach

Postby tipper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:23 pm

morell wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Loving your new venture Morell

Hai HT!

Great post mate. I agree with all of it - even the fact I might have missed some points.

I forget where I am sometimes, it's like walking into the Vatican and proclaiming there is no god. :D :lol:

i disagree with that too, his name is Barrie and he wore number 10 ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Reddeer » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:24 pm

Give us back the $16 million we wasted on saving your aish and well talk revenue cuts.

Until then....................................[/quote]the SANFL built the stadium with the money they got from Port in the AFL!

SANFL clubs complain (about nothing, really) despite the fact they're getting propped up by Port money and things Port money helped build.[/quote]
Are you having a laugh??? You can't be serious!!! Oh hold on you're a Port supporter, figures!!
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:25 pm

tipper wrote:
morell wrote:
tipper wrote:

um, i did bold that bit.

no it isnt perfectly even. i dont see 10 to 15 afl players playing for North each week. can you point out which players on Norths list are also on an afl list?

just because the afl reserves sides havent won anything yet doesnt mean the competition is 'even"
It is an even competition - in that SANFL teams will win the flag both years. AFL reserves teams have finished mid table this year. Might not be an even playing field per se. There is probably a bit of a mix up with vernacular on my behalf i think,
morell
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:29 pm

Put simply the SANFL is a strong, proud and historic competition that it shouldn't have teams participating whose number one goal isn't to win the premiership
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby tipper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:30 pm

morell wrote:It is an even competition - in that SANFL teams will win the flag both years. AFL reserves teams have finished mid table this year. Might not be an even playing field per se. There is probably a bit of a mix up with vernacular on my behalf i think,

so as far as you are concerned, it is all good as long as they dont win a flag? that really isnt the point all of the posters against the reserves sides are trying to make. i think it is more than vernacular that you arent getting

dont forget, that Port went from bottom side, to playing in the gf after finishing top, not through recruiting and hard work (which north will have to do), not through better conditioning or better strategy (which north also have to do...im sensing a theme here) but by being gifted 3/4 of their match day players from another club, all of whom are earning more than any other player in the sanfl.

if the competition is "even" as you say, i look forward to the influx of afl listed players to prospect this off season

anyway, im off for the day., i look forward to you catching up on your reading and bringing something back to the thread that hasnt already been discussed. good luck with that
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby UK Fan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:34 pm

morell wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
morell wrote:
BUild your own stadium and keep us much profit as you like. Tenant an SANFL owned one and guess what ????

JUst like every other club in the AFL.

Until then....................................
the SANFL built the stadium with the money they got from Port in the AFL!

Sure they do Been Real.

Is it 2006 ?????

Make sure you whack a stack hat on if you repeat that in public to someone who works in finance is my tip.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:38 pm

tipper wrote:
morell wrote:It is an even competition - in that SANFL teams will win the flag both years. AFL reserves teams have finished mid table this year. Might not be an even playing field per se. There is probably a bit of a mix up with vernacular on my behalf i think,

so as far as you are concerned, it is all good as long as they dont win a flag? that really isnt the point all of the posters against the reserves sides are trying to make. i think it is more than vernacular that you arent getting
No, I'd go as far as saying its satisfactory provided the AFL sides don't win multiple flags in a dominant fashion.

tipper wrote:dont forget, that Port went from bottom side, to playing in the gf after finishing top, not through recruiting and hard work (which north will have to do), not through better conditioning or better strategy (which north also have to do...im sensing a theme here) but by being gifted 3/4 of their match day players from another club, all of whom are earning more than any other player in the sanfl.
So they finished second, and then 4th, and you're butt hurt? Really your whole argument is about Port doing well isn't it. Man how did you cope in the 90's?

tipper wrote:if the competition is "even" as you say, i look forward to the influx of afl listed players to prospect this off season
You see there is "even" in terms of rules and regulations

Then there is "even" in terms of actual on field results.

I am talking about the latter - which is based in reality and actual data.

You're talking about the former - which is based on hypotheticals and what ifs.
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL