The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:40 pm

whufc wrote:Put simply the SANFL is a strong, proud and historic competition that it shouldn't have teams participating whose number one goal isn't to win the premiership

i agree.

But then a lot of people are trying to have a bet each way by limiting the amount of afl players per team
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:41 pm

UK Fan wrote:
morell wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
morell wrote:
BUild your own stadium and keep us much profit as you like. Tenant an SANFL owned one and guess what ????

JUst like every other club in the AFL.

So you werent successful in the AFL without reserve before ?????

Give us back the $16 million we wasted on saving your aish and well talk revenue cuts.

Until then....................................
the SANFL built the stadium with the money they got from Port in the AFL!

SANFL makes money from Port for 100 years.

SANFL builds things using that money and then charges Port to use them

Port deal with it and improve things, makes SANFL more money

Port play in elite competition and try and remain competitive by ensuring their on the same level playing field as rivals

SANFL clubs complain (about nothing, really) despite the fact they're getting propped up by Port money and things Port money helped build.

Sure they do Been Real.

Is it 2006 ?????

Make sure you whack a stack hat on if you repeat that in public to someone who works in finance is my tip.
How much money do you reckon the SANFL made from Port Adelaide since 1870? How much money do you reckon the SANFL made from Port making it into the AFL?

Make sure you allow for inflation!
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:43 pm

bennymacca wrote:
whufc wrote:Put simply the SANFL is a strong, proud and historic competition that it shouldn't have teams participating whose number one goal isn't to win the premiership

i agree.

But then a lot of people are trying to have a bet each way by limiting the amount of afl players per team

Agree, I think the potential new rule may cause even more issues
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby tipper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:57 pm

morell wrote:
tipper wrote:
morell wrote:It is an even competition - in that SANFL teams will win the flag both years. AFL reserves teams have finished mid table this year. Might not be an even playing field per se. There is probably a bit of a mix up with vernacular on my behalf i think,

so as far as you are concerned, it is all good as long as they dont win a flag? that really isnt the point all of the posters against the reserves sides are trying to make. i think it is more than vernacular that you arent getting
No, I'd go as far as saying its satisfactory provided the AFL sides don't win multiple flags in a dominant fashion.

tipper wrote:dont forget, that Port went from bottom side, to playing in the gf after finishing top, not through recruiting and hard work (which north will have to do), not through better conditioning or better strategy (which north also have to do...im sensing a theme here) but by being gifted 3/4 of their match day players from another club, all of whom are earning more than any other player in the sanfl.
So they finished second, and then 4th, and you're butt hurt? Really your whole argument is about Port doing well isn't it. Man how did you cope in the 90's?

tipper wrote:if the competition is "even" as you say, i look forward to the influx of afl listed players to prospect this off season
You see there is "even" in terms of rules and regulations

Then there is "even" in terms of actual on field results.

I am talking about the latter - which is based in reality and actual data.

You're talking about the former - which is based on hypotheticals and what ifs.

Ok, 1 more for the day.

Do you know what latter means?

The rules and regs arent hypothetical, they are fact. What is hypothetical is their onfield results.

Hypothetically they may never win a flag, Hypothetically they may win ten on the trot between them. Hypothetically its irrelevant.

They play under different rules to the rest of the comp. Its a fact. Until that is fixed, the competition isnt even. Thats also a fact.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:06 pm

tipper wrote:
morell wrote:
tipper wrote:
morell wrote:It is an even competition - in that SANFL teams will win the flag both years. AFL reserves teams have finished mid table this year. Might not be an even playing field per se. There is probably a bit of a mix up with vernacular on my behalf i think,

so as far as you are concerned, it is all good as long as they dont win a flag? that really isnt the point all of the posters against the reserves sides are trying to make. i think it is more than vernacular that you arent getting
No, I'd go as far as saying its satisfactory provided the AFL sides don't win multiple flags in a dominant fashion.

tipper wrote:dont forget, that Port went from bottom side, to playing in the gf after finishing top, not through recruiting and hard work (which north will have to do), not through better conditioning or better strategy (which north also have to do...im sensing a theme here) but by being gifted 3/4 of their match day players from another club, all of whom are earning more than any other player in the sanfl.
So they finished second, and then 4th, and you're butt hurt? Really your whole argument is about Port doing well isn't it. Man how did you cope in the 90's?

tipper wrote:if the competition is "even" as you say, i look forward to the influx of afl listed players to prospect this off season

Ok, 1 more for the day.

The rules and regs arent hypothetical, they are fact. What is hypothetical is their onfield results.

Hypothetically they may never win a flag, Hypothetically they may win ten on the trot between them. Hypothetically its irrelevant.

They play under different rules to the rest of the comp. Its a fact. Until that is fixed, the competition isnt even. Thats also a fact.
yeah, the latter means the last, which in this case was the second one, which is what you're talking about - but seriously, why be a bell end?

Yeah, look, this isn't working for me anymore I'm afraid. We're on different wave lengths and I fear I am debating with people that have very deep ceded anti-Port issues.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby UK Fan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:07 pm

morell wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
morell wrote:

Port play in elite competition and try and remain competitive by ensuring their on the same level playing field as rivals

SANFL clubs complain (about nothing, really) despite the fact they're getting propped up by Port money and things Port money helped build.

Sure they do Been Real.

Is it 2006 ?????

Make sure you whack a stack hat on if you repeat that in public to someone who works in finance is my tip.

How much money do you reckon the SANFL made from Port Adelaide since 1870? How much money do you reckon the SANFL made from Port making it into the AFL?

Make sure you allow for inflation![/quote]

Two pennies in 1898 for sure :-)

How about you tell us all. And don't forget.

To provide us proof of your claims like no other Port fan has been able to.

Cos without proof..............................................

The floor is yours.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1196 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby tipper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:28 pm

morell wrote:
tipper wrote:
morell wrote:
tipper wrote:
morell"]It is an even competition - in that SANFL teams will win the flag both years. AFL reserves teams have finished mid table this year. Might not be an even playing field per se. There is probably a bit of a mix up with vernacular on my behalf i think,

[quote="tipper wrote:dont forget, that Port went from bottom side, to playing in the gf after finishing top, not through recruiting and hard work (which north will have to do), not through better conditioning or better strategy (which north also have to do...im sensing a theme here) but by being gifted 3/4 of their match day players from another club, all of whom are earning more than any other player in the sanfl.

Ok, 1 more for the day.

yeah, the latter means the last, which in this case was the second one, which is what you're talking about - but seriously, why be a bell end?

Yeah, look, this isn't working for me anymore I'm afraid. We're on different wave lengths and I fear I am debating with people that have very deep ceded anti-Port issues.[/quote]
So, you come into a thread you havent read, and you dont understand, and begin to tell us all we are whingers and it isnt as bad as we say it is, and im the bell end??

So much for us being the fresh meat......

And for the record, im not anti port. Im anti afl in sanfl
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby tipper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:55 pm

bennymacca wrote:

i agree.

Personally i dislike the introduction of artificial limits like that too. However iam a fan of making the afl sides uncomfortable. We should also rule that they cant participate in finals, and put the grand final back to October where it belongs.

Maybe if we make it bad enough they will choose to leave.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby LPH » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:09 pm

The SANFL owes Port how much moron-rell?
Plz, inform us all of the ACTUAL $$$

You quote 1870... here's a couple more years for you:
1986 - virtually broke
1990 - tried to send the SANFL broke
1996 - shat on their supporters & 'split' the Club, using SANFL Money to join the AFL & Rosewater FC Ground
2006 - hand outs from SANFL to keep Magpies afloat
2008 - more 'crying poor' & SANFL handouts
2010 - AFL side a 'basket case', Magpies broke - BOTH AFL & SANFL handouts
2011 - more 'borrowed' money from SANFL to keep Magpies afloat (also the $2 campaign)
2012 - more handouts - advances on future AFL Dividends
2013 - another advance on future AFL Dividends
2014 - $16 million to move to Adelaide Oval & store the Tarps from a fully paid stadium with MORE seats!
2015 - a 'better stadium deal' from the SMA because 'crying poor' again!

All of the above have paid the 'debt' & interest, don't you think?
I love how you manage to re-write History to support your flawed argument.

I absolutely agree - we need to move on.
Unfortunately, the damage is done - nothing good has come of this venture & the SANFL only has itself to blame.
But for you to suggest that the Competition is better off having these 2 AFL Reserves Teams in it, beggars belief!
The facts are that in the period between 1996 & 2013, the SANFL was showing signs of great recovery as a legitimate alternative (in this State) to the Corporate Monster that is the AFL. Through the short sighted decisions of a few, those gains have disappeared in the space of 2 short seasons.

And you have the audacity to suggest its a good thing?
Please...
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby SANFLnut » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:12 pm

UK Fan wrote:
morell wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
morell wrote:

Sure they do Been Real.

Is it 2006 ?????

Two pennies in 1898 for sure :-)

How about you tell us all. And don't forget.

To provide us proof of your claims like no other Port fan has been able to.

Cos without proof..............................................

The floor is yours.[/quote]

Surely Port have benefitted more than the SANFL from this relationship?

If we had a sliding doors moment 100 years ago and Port left the SANFL where would each of them be now?
SANFL a good chance of being in a similar position to now. Port a chance of being an Amateur League team that no one has really heard of.
I'm at a loss to understand how SANFL have milked Port for a profit, but can see an argument for the reverse.
SANFLnut
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:38 pm

Hey Mr Morrell this topic has been debated ad nauseum and all bases covered re the increase in crowds because of free entry and the novelty of the first year also that eventually crowd numbers will decrease was predicted by astute posters on this page you are a bit late my friend with your trolling comments or are you just a plant ?????

The majority of SANFL die hards DO NOT want AFL RESERVES yes thats right CROWS or POWER sides in the SANFL we are not interested no one gives a toss !!!

They should not be be playing in finals or Grand Finals in the SANFL!!!!

As highlighted last year a PAFC AFL POWER RESERVES side plays off in a SANFL Grand Final after FIFTEEN years in the wilderness.

After 23 years of SANFL Clubs having AFL listed players returning to there clubs to play was not a problem as most supporters looked forward to their players and juniors this created a lot of interest something that is sadly lacking now it was a LEVEL playing field for all which is not the case now

Its an absolute SHAM JOKE and a FARCE !!!!

This will be my only response to your trolling posts.

Fellow posters to not bother responding to this plant.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby RB » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:52 pm

I thought Steve Summerton said it best.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1442488970483.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1442488970483.jpg (59 KiB) Viewed 5908 times
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 758 times
Been liked: 1068 times

Postby on the rails » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:32 pm

Then did one of the biggest back flips in history when he learn't how much money $$$ was stuffed into his brown paper bag to accept the Captains role as a top up player. $400.00 a game - pigs arse! A Football Club with poor morals, worse integrity and led by a CEO and Chairman who blantly lie!
Last edited by on the rails on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:32 pm

Ah yes a memorable post. I still have that saved on my phone
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10268 times
Been liked: 1496 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby wild dog » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:08 am

I want to know where all the oneportnevertearusapart supporters were at the semi. We easily outnumbered them and our support is down. Nevertearusapart ffs, didn't take long for the novelty to wear off :lol:
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Tech1 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:34 am

morell wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
morell wrote:
UK Fan wrote:the SANFL built the stadium with the money they got from Port in the AFL!

Sure they do Been Real.

Is it 2006 ?????

Clown. You make it sound like you where the only team in the comp, you didn't have half the state following you, that's the idiotic thing port people forget and still forget if other supporters from other SANFL clubs and new supporters that grew up in the AFL era since 1997 didn't start barracking for you, you would be stuffed. Didn't you rattle the tins at some point in the 80's? still can't manage your finances i see.
Tech1
Rookie

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby holden78 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:14 am

The Steve Summerton confession needs to be rolled out ad nauseum every time anyone even attempts to justify the two Cancers free loading

in the comp and especially playing SANFL finals games!

That's what the Commission should be discussing....... No Finals for Cancers :shock:
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:39 am

on the rails wrote:Then did one of the biggest back flips in history when he learn't how much money $$$ was stuffed into his brown paper bag to accept the Captains role as a top up player. $400.00 a game - pigs arse! A Football Club with poor morals, worse integrity and led by a CEO and Chairman who blantly lie!

The back flip has cost him a Magarey though.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby tipper » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:11 am

morell wrote:No, I'd go as far as saying its satisfactory provided the AFL sides don't win multiple flags in a dominant fashion.

ok, now im back ona pc instead of my phone ill give further answers to the bits here i missed. its not "satisfactory". the whole argument against the reserves sides is that they are reserves sides. i dont care if they finish first, or last, they shouldnt be in the league competition at all. the fact that they have a rule set that makes it easier for them to be successful is just sauce on the shit sandwich that the sanfl has served itself up.

morell wrote:So they finished second, and then 4th, and you're butt hurt? Really your whole argument is about Port doing well isn't it. Man how did you cope in the 90's?

i couldnt care less if they dragged themselves up off the bottom using hard work and effort, like they previously would have had to do, you know, when all the sides in the sanfl had the same rules as each other? no side was gifted 15 or so afl listed players in one season to suddenly improve itself. show me where i said i dont want the "magpies" to be successful? my post was purely pointing out the fact that the "magpies" were handed an artificial leg up that is not available to any of the other sanfl clubs, and never will be. that isnt "fair" that isnt "even" that is a compromised competition. if they had have improved of their own hard work, im sure none of the anti afl posters would have a problem with it. supposedly nothing is better than beating the maggies in a gf. not that any side can any more, they can only beat the "power lite"

morell wrote:You see there is "even" in terms of rules and regulations

now, here is where i supposedly started being a "bell end". lets clear this up. it isnt hypothetical that the two afl reserves sides have different rules, that is reality. to the sanfl supporter, we want all of the teams to have the same rules and regulations. that is factually even. that means that if a side like centrals wins multiple flags in a decade (was it ten from 12 years? i forget) it is an achievement to be envied, and i for one also admire it.

their club put in a hell of a lot of hard work attracting and keeping the right sort of players, replacing retirees and those who moved on to the afl each year better than any other club, and they did it all using the same rules as every other club in the competition. we all had the same opportunity to do it, and we failed. that is on us. while they dominated, everyone played under the same rules, and the competition was fair

now we have a situation with the reserves sides in the competition, and they have different rules around their off field, and on field requrements. that is a fact, that is the reality, that isnt hypothetical. what is hypothetical, is how that affects their on field results. so far they have finished "mid table" so all is "satisfactory" according to you. what you fail to realise, it isnt just their final table position that is the problem. it is the fact they are reserves sides playing in a league competition.

seeing though as you fail to grasp this, and have seemingly left the thread to the "fresh meat" i doubt you will read this, but i felt it needed to be said. i am not anti port adeladie (well, no more than any sanfl supporter of another club) i am anti afl in the sanfl. while they are part of the sanfl, the comp is compromised (and more so than before) and a farce.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:38 am

morell wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
morell wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Having none of the AFL players in there would be even better though
Sure, I agree. That's the best case scenario IMO.

Most Port fans don't want to have anything to do with the SANFL and are imagining ways to leave it.

Great send them to the ammos then, you can deal with them.
Win/win ;)
Not out of the question I wouldn't have thought.

And then watch this thread when all the same numpties cry a river about Port leaving the SANFL and abandoning SA Footy and leaving the comp in ruins.

You really are a self centred chap. You think the world revolves around Port Adelaide FC. I think there would be a significant number of SANFL supporters who would be glad to see the back of PAFC and wouldn't give a rats tossbag where they went to play.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL