The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby tipper » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:54 pm

Booney wrote:
tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:This is all very constructive. I think we're close to resolving this.

=)) =)) =)) =))

and as usual your pot shots from the sidelines are the most constructive posts in here. thanks for your contribution

No problems mate. It's not any more or any less constructive than the diatribe of drivel that's going around and around in circles achieving **** all.

But please, go on.

lately its only been going in circles due to your fellow power supporters spouting off bullshit that has already been covered. maybe you could have a word to them for us?

or you could continue to laugh at the league that helped your club get to where it is, and poke fun at those that arent happy about it. your choice
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby bennymacca » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:57 pm

therisingblues wrote:Actually Rising Power, I made a suggestion about what you have just raised over a year ago.
My idea was that we have two premiership tables. In a sense this is in action now, if you look at Pseudo's "Pure" premiership ladder.
I thought there could be a system of prize money or whatever for finishing higher on the "compromised" ladder, but so far as finals and all that was concerned it would be an 8 team competition comprised of only the traditional clubs, with a final four, decided by whoever finished higher on the "pure" ladder.
If Crows and Power wanted reserves games into September, maybe they could play each other for a kitty full of cash, or pay off another club for a hit out.
This covers all the bases so far as I can see.
Edit: this is more or less or different version of what Tipper has just written.

how is that possibly less compromised than the current setup.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Jim05 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:16 pm

Maybe the pro AFL boys can start a " Yes to AFL in the SANFL" thread, that waywe can continue our Port bashing in peace over here ;)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3533 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:39 pm

Jim05 wrote:Maybe the pro AFL boys can start a " Yes to AFL in the SANFL" thread, that waywe can continue our Port bashing in peace over here ;)

Is it just coiincidence that nearly 100% of pro AFL in SANFL supporters are also supporters of one of the AFL clubs that are in the SANFL now
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:39 pm

tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:
tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:This is all very constructive. I think we're close to resolving this.
=)) =)) =)) =))

and as usual your pot shots from the sidelines are the most constructive posts in here. thanks for your contribution

No problems mate. It's not any more or any less constructive than the diatribe of drivel that's going around and around in circles achieving **** all. But please, go on.

lately its only been going in circles due to your fellow power supporters spouting off bullshit that has already been covered. maybe you could have a word to them for us?
or you could continue to laugh at the league that helped your club get to where it is, and poke fun at those that arent happy about it. your choice

Either it takes two to tango, or you're arguing with yourself. And only an idiot would do that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10717 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:08 pm

:D :D
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 1802 times

Postby therisingblues » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:09 pm

bennymacca wrote:
therisingblues wrote:Actually Rising Power, I made a suggestion about what you have just raised over a year ago.
My idea was that we have two premiership tables. In a sense this is in action now, if you look at Pseudo's "Pure" premiership ladder.
I thought there could be a system of prize money or whatever for finishing higher on the "compromised" ladder, but so far as finals and all that was concerned it would be an 8 team competition comprised of only the traditional clubs, with a final four, decided by whoever finished higher on the "pure" ladder.
If Crows and Power wanted reserves games into September, maybe they could play each other for a kitty full of cash, or pay off another club for a hit out.
Edit: this is more or less or different version of what Tipper has just written.

Because it preserves a pure SANFL competition, which is what everyone SANFL fan wants.
Aside from that it also provides regular competition for the two AFL clubs, which is what they want.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:23 pm

am Bays wrote:

:D :D

Mate, thanks for that. I could listen to ol' Gra Gra talk all day about the how's and why's his mob should have won.

In fact, going to and listen to him explain it again right now! :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10717 times

Postby tipper » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:59 pm

Booney wrote:
Either it takes two to tango, or you're arguing with yourself. And only an idiot would do that.

well i prefer to think i was setting the less enlightened straight. although you may be onto something with the idiot suggestion. you arent the first to make that connection ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby stan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:59 pm

Capping to 14 AFL listed players will be a start if nothing else. As we have seen when the crows had up to 17/18 players they were very strong as you would expect.

As for football at Alberton, this doesnt concern me as much as long ad Port are paying the same fee as the crows.

I still dont think the old system was that bad. Think of it his way, from 1997 when port entered, The SA AFL side won 3 flags and participated in what more than 10 AFL finals series in the space of say 16 or 17 years of the old system. If you look at some vic clubs who have had reserve sides, you could ask the question have they done any better. Obviously there are a few that have bit its an interesting idea for discussion.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1252 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby tipper » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:04 pm

you all realise that the only reason adelaide chose to go the no home games path was to save them money right? they currently dont have a home ground, they would have to hire, or buy one, and then pay for the upkeep. they sold it as a "how nice are we, we give you all an extra home game" despite sanfl clubs having the same number of home games now that they did 2 years ago.....

and port playing home games is about money too. they already pay the upkeep at alberton regardless. might as well subsidise that by playing a few games there and making money on drinks.

currently both sides are getting the best possible deal. by taking home games away from port it is punishing the power, but allowing the crows to continue to save money.

i dont see the reasoning behind 'favouring" the crows like that.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby bennymacca » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:11 pm

therisingblues wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Because it preserves a pure SANFL competition, which is what everyone SANFL fan wants.
Aside from that it also provides regular competition for the two AFL clubs, which is what they want.

its not even close to a pure SANFL competition if the crows and port are still there. surely you cannot argue that further compromising an already compromised league is a better solution.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Dols » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:18 pm

Too much back peddling happening here, sound like Tony Abbott supporters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby gossipgirl » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:23 pm

;)
More sense comes from a Tony Abbott speech ...........
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1421 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby therisingblues » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:26 pm

Booney wrote:
tipper wrote:

=)) =)) =)) =))

No problems mate. It's not any more or any less constructive than the diatribe of drivel that's going around and around in circles achieving **** all.

But please, go on.

Yes it is amazing isn't it?
Someone comes on here telling us all how we should be happy accommodating his reserves side in our league, and thinks we are all ungrateful or whatever.
Funny thing is if we didn't all love our SANFL so much we could just ignore it.
Then the other funny thing is that those who don't really give two hoots about the state of the SANFL think it is a great idea pushing their reserves on us!
So if we followed their advice and acted just like them, no one would give a rat's about the SANFL which would diminish the standard and then they'd go about looking for a new spot to plant their reserves.
In short they need our interest yet complain about it.
This is the one topic that really shits me Mr Boon because it threatens the fabric of the comp. Come on and boast about your flags all you like, I love the banter, but start making noises to the effect of we should all just pack up and forget it and then the words **** you spring to mind.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:32 pm

bennymacca wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

its not even close to a pure SANFL competition if the crows and port are still there. surely you cannot argue that further compromising an already compromised league is a better solution.

I don't believe you have understood.
Port and Crows would not be playing for premiership points. Their games would be counted toward something else, Could be a cup or a big bag of cash, anything to motivate clubs enough to put a side out on the park to play them, therefore providing a weekly game for them to participate in.
The traditional clubs would compete in a "pure" competition. Again, I'll use Pseudo's "Pure" Premiership table as an example of how it would work.
Not the perfect solution, but it removes the AFL element from our comp while still providing them with a weekly practice match for their fringe players.
therisingblues
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:53 pm

The only solution is to ship them off.. BUT, since that wont happen any time soon, the MINIMUM should be clubs get better incentives from Crows/Power, and the Crows and Power have equal set ups off field.. Port forfeit Alberton home games and the academy etc

As I said before I don't like the idea of up to 5 players missing out on a game if a cap of 12 or 14 comes in.. Who are we to stop players from playing football in case the team they represent is a chance of being strong? I don't like it.

Again, id prefer a pure SANFL comp FWIW
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Reddeer » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:22 pm

The SANFL should have the whip hand in all of this circus. However as usual Port whine have the whip hand and get EXACTLY what they want because the commissioners like to keep pals with the AFL and their silver service "entitlements" at Adelaide Oval. But then again with the likes of Olsen as the president what do you expect.
There wont be any changes to the current setup, the SANFL is just too weak
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:55 pm

Dols wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Dols wrote:Exactly. That's what the clubs are getting[emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]. Although Westies may need some help to stop it getting thieved from within[emoji16]

What money??
Port dont pay and the Crows pay a measely $50k.

How much you getting from the sale of footy park.......[emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

2 million is a good start

FFS will you learn how to use the "Quote" button.
It's a f%#king nightmare trying to read the thread by the time you've finished.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Dols » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:07 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
Dols wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Dols wrote:Exactly. That's what the clubs are getting[emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]. Although Westies may need some help to stop it getting thieved from within[emoji16]

What money??
Port dont pay and the Crows pay a measely $50k.

How much you getting from the sale of footy park.......[emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

2 million is a good start

FFS will you learn how to use the "Quote" button.
It's a f%#king nightmare trying to read the thread by the time you've finished.
not my problem it's the system, hang on, that sounds like the SANFL, according to others!!!

Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL