The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby johntheclaret » Sun May 25, 2014 12:22 am

daysofourlives wrote:
wild dog wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
JK wrote:
So you're trying to change the direction of the discussion back to last year when there were no AFL clubs in the comp? Exactly what do you want again??

A rational discussion about this and for people to stop making stupid statements.

Saying they won't try to win for whatever reason is stupid. Particularly with the way port are going. Why didn't they take the foot off the gas against glenelg when they were 10 goals up?

And I want an afl reserves comp

Come on Benny answer twosheds.

Did you go to todays game Benny?

I don't know why you blokes bother with Benny. I gave up long ago.
He's a typical AFL/Crows nuffy
Not only does he have an opinion on everything he is always right. When he starts losing an argument he starts calling people idiots, F%$wits and dickheads which has apparently become acceptable on here or is it a blind eye is turned because he is mates with the creator of the site?
He is without doubt the Crows answer to Beenreal and Kickinit.

Pathetic comment. You obviously don't know Wedgie. No wonder Benny calls you what he does :roll:
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun May 25, 2014 12:29 am

Didnt mean Wedgie
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby twosheds » Sun May 25, 2014 12:42 am

I don't know why you blokes bother with Benny. I gave up long ago.
He's a typical AFL/Crows nuffy
Not only does he have an opinion on everything he is always right. When he starts losing an argument he starts calling people idiots, F%$wits and dickheads which has apparently become acceptable on here or is it a blind eye is turned because he is mates with the creator of the site?
He is without doubt the Crows answer to Beenreal and Kickinit.[/quote]

He amuses me :)
Get your own Arts Show ya fairy !
twosheds
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun May 25, 2014 1:22 am

daysofourlives wrote:When he starts losing an argument he starts calling people idiots, F%$wits and dickheads

nope. mostly just you.

and other dickheads that somehow think its karma that someone gets injured.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby johntheclaret » Sun May 25, 2014 2:53 am

daysofourlives wrote:Didnt mean Wedgie

Creator of the site and you didn't mean Wedgie :?
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby twosheds » Sun May 25, 2014 9:40 am

johntheclaret wrote:

At the risk of being obtuse myself , I had no idea "Wedgie" is the creator of this site. I daresay lots of others don't either and am not sure why you think we would all have that piece of frankly irrelevant information. :?
twosheds
Under 16s

Postby Maddawg » Sun May 25, 2014 9:52 am

topsywaldron wrote:Just emailed this to Chris Davies.

Hi Chris,

I know your job is to sell the concept of the two reserves teams being a meaningful part of the SANFL but for a vast majority of SANFL supporters you are fighting a losing battle, to put it mildly and politely. Enough has been written about the destruction of integrity, the insurmountable distortions of having three different sets of rules for the teams that it doesn't need repeating here.

This season was always going to go Ok, ok being the operative word here, your employers couldn't afford it not to. However it claim crowds are up doesn't help your cause especially when it's such a risibly small number and bolstered by one off events like Walker playing for the Ravens on a long weekend.

What's more concerning are membership numbers and the crowds at games between the eight remaining SANFL teams, across the board they are down. You may point to TV figures but given our massive investment in the coverage you'd be concerned if they hadn't improved. And this investment came at a time we were told without the two AFL teams financial armageddon would engulf the remaining teams.

What's missing in all of this is the long term view, after you, John and the rest of the Commission have long departed. How you expect the eight clubs to attract members after five or ten years of having two afl clubs sucking up every kid, dollar and inch of media attention is beyond me.

The challenge for the decision makers at the SANFL over the last few years has been to subtly reposition the competition as a community based, affordable alternative to the AFL. The example of Phil Herden at The Eagles should have been your template for community engagement and involvement. Instead you, and Leigh and John, chose to take the easy option of shoehorning two teams who have destroyed the integrity and meaning of the SANFL into the competition. By doing so you have destroyed any chance of the SANFL being a meaningful, relevant sporting competition not only today but into the future.

Enjoy your nice seat and Rockford's Basket Press tonight.

Sincerely,

Maybe a campaign that has Chris Davies at the centre of it, similar to that of the crows supporters wanting Steven Trigg sacked. A bit of negative publicity on how Chris Davies is doing the job and the calling of his sacking would maybe make him realise SANFL supporters aren't taking this lightly!
Maddawg
Mini-League

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby Panther Pack » Sun May 25, 2014 9:59 am

I'm a member but for the casual supporter $14 is too expensive the SANFL really ought to consider going back to $10!
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 139 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun May 25, 2014 11:22 am

johntheclaret wrote:

The dickhead means dissident. Not that it means anything, except that he is trying to infer things that aren't there.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sun May 25, 2014 11:34 am

twosheds wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

At the risk of being obtuse myself , I had no idea "Wedgie" is the creator of this site. I daresay lots of others don't either and am not sure why you think we would all have that piece of frankly irrelevant information. :?

It was relevant enough for DOYL to bring it up in a thread with his reference of favouritism (I am assuming you have actually read the thread).
He's confirmed my statement that he obviously doesn't know Wedge, which also confirms what a pathetic comment it was in the first place.

Anyway I'm pretty sure DOYL doesn't need you fighting his battles for him no more than Wedgie needs me fight his for him.

I just get wound up by stupid comments.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sun May 25, 2014 11:40 am

Can we get this thread back in topic now. It's supposed to be a whinge feast about the AFL in the SANFL. not just about Bennymacca.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sun May 25, 2014 11:43 am

Everything is about me though. :)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby tipper » Sun May 25, 2014 12:31 pm

thats it, you just confirmed it, youre steven trigg...... ;) ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun May 25, 2014 3:46 pm

Maddawg wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:Just emailed this to Chris Davies.

Hi Chris,

I know your job is to sell the concept of the two reserves teams being a meaningful part of the SANFL but for a vast majority of SANFL supporters you are fighting a losing battle, to put it mildly and politely. Enough has been written about the destruction of integrity, the insurmountable distortions of having three different sets of rules for the teams that it doesn't need repeating here.

This season was always going to go Ok, ok being the operative word here, your employers couldn't afford it not to. However it claim crowds are up doesn't help your cause especially when it's such a risibly small number and bolstered by one off events like Walker playing for the Ravens on a long weekend.

What's more concerning are membership numbers and the crowds at games between the eight remaining SANFL teams, across the board they are down. You may point to TV figures but given our massive investment in the coverage you'd be concerned if they hadn't improved. And this investment came at a time we were told without the two AFL teams financial armageddon would engulf the remaining teams.

What's missing in all of this is the long term view, after you, John and the rest of the Commission have long departed. How you expect the eight clubs to attract members after five or ten years of having two afl clubs sucking up every kid, dollar and inch of media attention is beyond me.

The challenge for the decision makers at the SANFL over the last few years has been to subtly reposition the competition as a community based, affordable alternative to the AFL. The example of Phil Herden at The Eagles should have been your template for community engagement and involvement. Instead you, and Leigh and John, chose to take the easy option of shoehorning two teams who have destroyed the integrity and meaning of the SANFL into the competition. By doing so you have destroyed any chance of the SANFL being a meaningful, relevant sporting competition not only today but into the future.

Enjoy your nice seat and Rockford's Basket Press tonight.

Sincerely,

Maybe a campaign that has Chris Davies at the centre of it, similar to that of the crows supporters wanting Steven Trigg sacked. A bit of negative publicity on how Chris Davies is doing the job and the calling of his sacking would maybe make him realise SANFL supporters aren't taking this lightly!

Great Email Topsy do you think these Klowns in the Commish really care.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun May 25, 2014 5:20 pm

bennymacca wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

The dickhead means dissident. Not that it means anything, except that he is trying to infer things that aren't there.

:roll: And it starts again
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby twosheds » Sun May 25, 2014 9:37 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
twosheds wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

It was relevant enough for DOYL to bring it up in a thread with his reference of favouritism (I am assuming you have actually read the thread).
He's confirmed my statement that he obviously doesn't know Wedge, which also confirms what a pathetic comment it was in the first place.

Anyway I'm pretty sure DOYL doesn't need you fighting his battles for him no more than Wedgie needs me fight his for him.

I just get wound up by stupid comments.

Hardly fighting any battles for anyone. A lot of supposition here.
Stupid comments ( a la bennymacca ) affect me too only I don't get wound up, just point out their stupidity - much better for the blood pressure.
twosheds
Under 16s

Postby johntheclaret » Sun May 25, 2014 9:40 pm

No argument from me on that. Life is too short
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 26, 2014 9:06 am

Interestingly, two of the Crows players are from the same country club. The country club has an agreement with the Crows that only one of those players can be used by the AFL reserves side per weekend.

Also...someone mentioned the cost of tickets. I agree $14 is too steep and part of the problem with crowds at Centrals. Apparently the CDFC tried to get the entry cost down to $10 but the other clubs weren't interested.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Mon May 26, 2014 9:20 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Interestingly, two of the Crows players are from the same country club. The country club has an agreement with the Crows that only one of those players can be used by the AFL reserves side per weekend.

Also...someone mentioned the cost of tickets. I agree $14 is too steep and part of the problem with crowds at Centrals. Apparently the CDFC tried to get the entry cost down to $10 but the other clubs weren't interested.

Indeed it is. Perhaps a "fund diversion" where adults are $10,kids under 10 are free, while 10-18 is a gold coin? Would limit the loss to clubs financially while probably not really impacting upon families attending games.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 26, 2014 10:18 am

Just on ticket prices, I know it's completely different but I went and saw central districts lions play basketball on Saturday night, as I know a couple of people involved. $5 entry and cheap beers. Besides the power going out for half an hour during the game!, it was a great night and I'll definitely go back. Comparatively $14 seems a lot to go to a similar level game of footy
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL