The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:25 pm

Peel have come along way since Buddha coached them
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:16 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Peel have come along way since Buddha coached them

With a bit of help of course....him leaving and whoring their arses off to Freo
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby CUTTERMAN » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:18 pm

Reddeer wrote:Well it is the main reason for attendance decline. Supporters are not dumb, they like REAL competitions on LEVEL playing terms

THIS!
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby CUTTERMAN » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:19 pm

therisingblues wrote:Yep, the sanfl's prestige took a huge blow accepting those two bastard children. This site is dead now, interest at games is like amateur comp or worse at times.
2013 marked the beginning of the rot. With the power openly flaunting the rules, everyone who didn't have their head up their arse knew where things were headed and interest dropped significantly. 2014 was masked by the novelty of it all, but this year will reveal the future trend.

AND THIS!!
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby topsywaldron » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:23 pm

What have wafl crowds been like since the host teams introduction?
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby twosheds » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:09 am

bennymacca wrote:
Pseudo wrote:It was 4000 - extra not total - and was a "guesstimate".

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/breakin ... 696575928#

Good thing for those liars that they didn't have to underwrite the crowd in the end.

that article still doesnt make it clear that it is 4000 extra. nothing i have seen does.

not trying to defend the figures, because even at 3000 total they are still only marginally hitting that, just that it doesnt seem to be actually mentioned anywhere.

twosheds wrote:4,000 has been proven time and time again ad nauseaum . Chapman backpedalled at a rate of knots with his "guesstimate" quote. Pretty poor for a supposed hard headed businessman to be using "guesstimates". As for Rucci , surely you don't afford him any credibility whatsoever ?

I haven't found a single quote from anyone that says any figure tbh. only media speculation.

by any measure, its clear that there hasn't been a hug influx of new people to SANFL games. and there hasn't been a huge downturn either. If anything it seems to be a net neutral

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 6696575928
Not that hard to find one really, :roll:
Get your own Arts Show ya fairy !
twosheds
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby sjt » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:17 am

Good article above. Also again highlights what a sellout job the Norwood board did, for some recruiting penalties being lifted and who knows what else.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:23 am

sjt wrote:Good article above. Also again highlights what a sellout job the Norwood board did, for some recruiting penalties being lifted and who knows what else.

Myself and 4 family members were amongst that 2/3 majority that wanted no AFL sides in the comp. Ive stayed onboard but the other 4 handed in their memberships and havnt been since. The club has been apart of my life for most of my 40 years and although I love the club I will never forgive the muppets on the board that went against their members wishes and sold us up the garden path
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby LPH » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:36 am

therisingblues wrote:Yep, the sanfl's prestige took a huge blow accepting those two bastard children. This site is dead now, interest at games is like amateur comp or worse at times.
2013 marked the beginning of the rot. With the power openly flaunting the rules, everyone who didn't have their head up their arse knew where things were headed and interest dropped significantly. 2014 was masked by the novelty of it all, but this year will reveal the future trend.

The supporters of the introduction of the 'Interlopers' always point to the Crowd Numbers & Averages for 2014, but they fail to acknowledge (& it was proven last night @ The Bay) was the 'novelty factor' & the 'Walker Game' & 'Clare Showdown' attendances 'fudging' the figures.
I went to the Cows v Bays game last year (in similar conditions & the same night, I might add) - what was the crowd this year? At best, 2500?
That's a drop of 7500 on last years Season Total, right there.

This is NOT whinging - this is FACT.
Port were very clever - they let Trigg & Chapman do the leg work by lying to the Directors & those fools in charge (Yes, YOU - Kurt, Chiggy, etc) bought it hook, line & sinker! Then had the audacity to expect paying members to accept YOUR decisions with ZERO consultation & continue to put their hands into their wallets - Pfft.

Now can we please merge this thread into the other one, so we can push on to Bradman & Taylor's 334?
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:44 am

LPH wrote:Now can we please merge this thread into the other one, so we can push on to Bradman & Taylor's 334?

I'm trying, I'm trying. Ive even tried turning it off and on again!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:45 am

Yay, did it! :)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby LPH » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:47 am

Wooo Hooo
LPH
League - Best 21

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:18 pm

Crowds down 12,000 last night compared to the corresponding matches last year with the only difference the Power were playing instead of North.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby RB » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:16 pm

Given that this is the whinge thread, I think it's appropriate to mention how ordinary the crowds at Alberton were last year when the Port side were top. Never before was a Port side on top of the Sanfl ladder getting crowds in the 2,000s, which tells me that the decision to replace the Magpies with a Power reserves side alienated tons of people who would've otherwise been there (plenty of Collingwood etc. supporters who wouldn't have been happy).
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby matt35 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:31 pm

@LPH

If you are actually taking yourself seriously when you suggest that the conditions at last night's game between Glenelg and Adelaide were the same as last year's, I want some of what you are smoking! The first half of that game last year was played in perfect and actually quite warm conditions for this time of year. It started drizzling during the half time break, which it may shock you to realise would have had no impact on the crowd. Yesterday the second burst of weather hit around 5pm and would have finalised a decision not to go for many people, it certainly did for myself and my partner! Now; am I suggesting the crowd last night would've been 9k again? No! But it certainly would have been well up on what they got!

As for the Adelaide Oval game, same deal. Last Anzac Day during the afternoon was an absolutely perfect day, you would not get better. Is anybody seriously going to suggest that last night, which got a crowd of just over 5.5k, would not have got close to 10k given the same conditions? I would also note that last year's Anzac Day game did not go up against a live television broadcast as last night's did.

Yes, I get that this is a whinge thread, but there's whinging and there's twisting to suit a conclusion you have made up your mind about!
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:09 pm

matt35 wrote:Yes, I get that this is a whinge thread, but there's whinging and there's twisting to suit a conclusion you have made up your mind about!

Collingwood v Essendon wasn't live last year?
Seriously, is that the best you can come up with?
The comp is now a farce and every indicator points to that fact.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby LPH » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:25 pm

matt35: It rained @ 1/2 time last year & most of the Cows supporters left - or did I hallucinate the outer wing disperse?
Twist the crowd numbers anyway you wish - fact is they are down & so are memberships & the reason is these 2 entities.
LPH
League - Best 21

Postby bennymacca » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:29 pm

LPH wrote:matt35: It rained @ 1/2 time last year & most of the Cows supporters left - or did I hallucinate the outer wing disperse?
Twist the crowd numbers anyway you wish - fact is they are down & so are memberships & the reason is these 2 entities.

crowd numbers were up last year... no matter how you twist it.

whether they are up this year is a different argument, and it looks like they wont be.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:38 pm

bennymacca wrote:
LPH wrote:matt35: It rained @ 1/2 time last year & most of the Cows supporters left - or did I hallucinate the outer wing disperse?

whether they are up this year is a different argument, and it looks like they wont be.

They were not up on the average or aggregate for the last few years or several years, even if you want to go back 80 years.
Up from one year to the next with poor weather in 2012 and a novelty factor year means nothing.

Crows crowds are shit, even South fans put them to shame today at Prospect, Port crowds are down 50% + at Alberton from what I witnessed last week.

It's a complete failure.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:42 pm

bennymacca wrote:

Extra game each week of course crowds were aggregate was up. Averages at games was down though.
I think the figures will spiral southwards even further in the next couple of years especially if an AFL reserves side wins it
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL