The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby LMA » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:37 pm

Hazydog wrote:You bloody beauty!! SANFL curtain raisers to AFL games back in season 2020.


X_X That will get this thread moving again
User avatar
LMA
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5936
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:37 pm
Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 639 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Jim05 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:53 pm

Hazydog wrote:You bloody beauty!! SANFL curtain raisers to AFL games back in season 2020.

Be interesting to see what the fixtures are. Clubs would want to be well compensated for giving up a home game
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41215
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1094 times
Been liked: 2608 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby cennals05 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:16 pm

North playing Port before the Carlton game on Sat 2nd May. I wonder how the double headers will work for the SANFL supporters that want to go to the game.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:43 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 241 times

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Brett » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:23 pm

If true , its just another example of the AFL trying to kill the SANFL.
Brett
Reserves
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:37 pm
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:28 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Hazydog wrote:You bloody beauty!! SANFL curtain raisers to AFL games back in season 2020.

Be interesting to see what the fixtures are. Clubs would want to be well compensated for giving up a home game


Surely its only Port or Crows moving their home games to CR?
The proper clubs should still get their 9 home games. Most would be happy to give up their 2nd home game against the crows, nobody attends anyway. Far cry from the 4000 extra fans
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9411
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1820 times
Been liked: 1341 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Wedgie » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:16 pm

Hazydog wrote:You bloody beauty!! SANFL curtain raisers to AFL games back in season 2020.

Yep. North v Power Reserves before Carlton v Power. Yipee.
At least the Powers crowd figure will be higher than usual for the day.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44810
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1145 times
Been liked: 2595 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Groucho » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:23 pm

How are real supporters of a real club supposed to get a ticket to an Offal (AFL) game? :twisted:
User avatar
Groucho
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:04 am
Location: Hope Valley
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 88 times

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Dutchy » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Make sense for the Crows, most clubs would lose money hosting them, and maybe the drop off in Alberton crowds means they are losing $'s on Magpies home games
FLAGstaff Hill FC 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Premiers
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 39441
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1252 times
Been liked: 2076 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby LMA » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:34 am

Wedgie wrote:
Hazydog wrote:You bloody beauty!! SANFL curtain raisers to AFL games back in season 2020.

Yep. North v Power Reserves before Carlton v Power. Yipee.
At least the Powers crowd figure will be higher than usual for the day.


You saying alot of North fans are Power supporters?
User avatar
LMA
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5936
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:37 pm
Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 639 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby JK » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:20 am

Dutchy wrote:Make sense for the Crows, most clubs would lose money hosting them, and maybe the drop off in Alberton crowds means they are losing $'s on Magpies home games


Think a SANFL curtainraiser makes perfect sense for Port, less so for Adelaide. Given Adelaide reserves play no home games, would the only SANFL club that has to play them at an away venue be looking for a rub/compensation of some sort?
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 35201
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 3184 times
Been liked: 2256 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby saintal » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:27 am

JK wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Make sense for the Crows, most clubs would lose money hosting them, and maybe the drop off in Alberton crowds means they are losing $'s on Magpies home games


Think a SANFL curtainraiser makes perfect sense for Port, less so for Adelaide. Given Adelaide reserves play no home games, would the only SANFL club that has to play them at an away venue be looking for a rub/compensation of some sort?


Sounds as though South are "giving up" a home game to the Crows, so you'd imagine they are being compensated for this? Details a bit sketchy at this stage.

As Noarlunga games against the Crows attract around 1200-1300 people South are likely be making a loss from these outings. Feel though for the South supporters who wish to attend and will need to fork out minimum $40+.
SAFC- 55 years...
StKFC- 53 years..
User avatar
saintal
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5241
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Adelaide Hills
Has liked: 295 times
Been liked: 335 times

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby JK » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:35 am

saintal wrote:
JK wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Make sense for the Crows, most clubs would lose money hosting them, and maybe the drop off in Alberton crowds means they are losing $'s on Magpies home games


Think a SANFL curtainraiser makes perfect sense for Port, less so for Adelaide. Given Adelaide reserves play no home games, would the only SANFL club that has to play them at an away venue be looking for a rub/compensation of some sort?


Sounds as though South are "giving up" a home game to the Crows, so you'd imagine they are being compensated for this? Details a bit sketchy at this stage.

As Noarlunga games against the Crows attract around 1200-1300 people South are likely be making a loss from these outings. Feel though for the South supporters who wish to attend and will need to fork out minimum $40+.


If I were South I'd be asking for something - Even if at worst they don't get what they want but are "owed one". Don't ask don't receive, might aswell try.
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 35201
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 3184 times
Been liked: 2256 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby MW » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:35 am

South arent forced to do it just as GC and Saints arent forced to go to China and give up a home game. $ talks.
MW
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9872
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:55 pm
Has liked: 1508 times
Been liked: 1203 times

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby JK » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:43 am

MW wrote:South arent forced to do it just as GC and Saints arent forced to go to China and give up a home game. $ talks.


If that's their benefit and they're happy with it then no drama's at all
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 35201
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 3184 times
Been liked: 2256 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:52 am

cennals05 wrote:North playing Port before the Carlton game on Sat 2nd May. I wonder how the double headers will work for the SANFL supporters that want to go to the game.

Is there a particular reason Port have chosen the Carlton game to celebrate 150 years?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
User avatar
PatowalongaPirate
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3805
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 am
Location: Tiger Land
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 872 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:57 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
cennals05 wrote:North playing Port before the Carlton game on Sat 2nd May. I wonder how the double headers will work for the SANFL supporters that want to go to the game.

Is there a particular reason Port have chosen the Carlton game to celebrate 150 years?


It's the date that's important, nothing to do with the opponent. On the 12th May 1870 the club was formed, it trained for the first time two days later.

We play Carlton May 2nd, the following week, May 10, we're in Melbourne to play Melbourne.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 47134
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4800 times
Been liked: 7789 times

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Spargo » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:24 am

MW wrote:South arent forced to do it just as GC and Saints arent forced to go to China and give up a home game. $ talks.

If the Suns weren’t forced they sure as hell were nudged... forcefully.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11599
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 3276 times
Been liked: 3450 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Dutchy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:25 am

MW wrote:South arent forced to do it just as GC and Saints arent forced to go to China and give up a home game. $ talks.


Do you know for sure they are not forced to do it?

You would think as a minimum club members would get free entry to AO.
FLAGstaff Hill FC 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Premiers
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 39441
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1252 times
Been liked: 2076 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Dutchy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:52 am

Ravens v Power Reserves makes sense, why not just do it for them?
FLAGstaff Hill FC 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Premiers
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 39441
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1252 times
Been liked: 2076 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby MW » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:13 am

Dutchy wrote:
MW wrote:South arent forced to do it just as GC and Saints arent forced to go to China and give up a home game. $ talks.


Do you know for sure they are not forced to do it?

You would think as a minimum club members would get free entry to AO.


How can they be forced?
(No I don't know if they are or not)
MW
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9872
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:55 pm
Has liked: 1508 times
Been liked: 1203 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DOC, nwdfanparade and 10 guests