SANFL State Squad possibles

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL State Squad possibles

Postby RB » Wed May 07, 2014 6:04 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Would prefer if no South players get picked just an opportunity for injury.

Couldn't really care if S.A were to win or lose. I'm prob a lot younger than alot on here and from my point of view State Footy means nothing to me.

Did S.A win last year or the year before no idea but I know Norwood won the flag.

Would SOO mean more to you? Can't understand how State footy could me absolutely nothing to any football follower.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 769 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Postby Panther Pack » Wed May 07, 2014 6:55 pm

RB wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Would prefer if no South players get picked just an opportunity for injury.

Couldn't really care if S.A were to win or lose. I'm prob a lot younger than alot on here and from my point of view State Footy means nothing to me.

Did S.A win last year or the year before no idea but I know Norwood won the flag.

Would SOO mean more to you? Can't understand how State footy could me absolutely nothing to any football follower.

No couldn't care about State Of Origin either. I guess now with the national draft state allegiances just aren't relevant.

Also which state plays which? Can't imagine many SA people would be pumped to watch S.A defeat QLD in state footy.
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 143 times

Postby RB » Wed May 07, 2014 7:30 pm

I would have thought the draft would make state allegiances more relevant. Matches v Qld don't enthral me, but I love to see any South Australian team beat the Big V. Think it's something football's missing out on compared with rugby league.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 769 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Wed May 07, 2014 7:44 pm

I love watching SA win however at the end of the day I think most supporters would prefer their team won the premiership ahead of a State victory.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Big Phil » Wed May 07, 2014 8:43 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:I love watching SA win however at the end of the day I think most supporters would prefer their team won the premiership ahead of a State victory.

That goes without saying...

Some still are enthusiastic about the State games, regardless of whether it is not what it once was...

I, for one, am certainly looking forward to getting over to Melbourne at the end of this month to cheer on the boys...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 273 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed May 07, 2014 8:46 pm

RB wrote:I would have thought the draft would make state allegiances more relevant. Matches v Qld don't enthral me, but I love to see any South Australian team beat the Big V. Think it's something football's missing out on compared with rugby league.

Im all for it at the top level.
This isnt even SA v Vic its the SANFL v VFL.
Sorry but have no interest on it and judging by the attendences not many others do either. Would be very surprised if more than 2-3k rocked up for it
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby tigerpie » Thu May 08, 2014 10:01 am

Jim05 wrote:
RB wrote:I would have thought the draft would make state allegiances more relevant. Matches v Qld don't enthral me, but I love to see any South Australian team beat the Big V. Think it's something football's missing out on compared with rugby league.

Im all for it at the top level.
This isnt even SA v Vic its the SANFL v VFL.
Sorry but have no interest on it and judging by the attendences not many others do either. Would be very surprised if more than 2-3k rocked up for it

Theres too many good things that come from representative footy to list....at any level!

You are right jim, its our comp versus theirs, the reason for all rep footy.
Its a reward for the coaches and players that are the best available and a great learning tool to see if we are in fact doing it right.

State of origin is done, but the basic concept was...were our players better than the Vics, or whoever.

I for one think state footy is great to watch and even better to be part of.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 504 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby JK » Thu May 08, 2014 10:54 am

I'm not particularly interested in State Footy these days I must admit, but apparently the players are VERY interested, including players recruited from outside SA who would much prefer to represent the SANFL than take a highly valued tip home on a bye weekend.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4464 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Wedgie » Thu May 08, 2014 11:13 am

Waste of a weekend. 2000 people at a game in Victoria for extra costs and no benefit to the SANFL as well as a complete round of footy and 10 - 20k of people finding something else to do. Ridiculous concept these days that only a tiny minority cares about.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2056 times
Been liked: 3907 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby heater31 » Thu May 08, 2014 11:15 am

JK wrote:I'm not particularly interested in State Footy these days I must admit, but apparently the players are VERY interested, including players recruited from outside SA who would much prefer to represent the SANFL than take a highly valued tip home on a bye weekend.

Off course they would a free trip home to Melbourne. Mum, Dad and their mates can catch up with them and the only expenses to them is personal spending money....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL