Chris Davies departure

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Chris Davies departure

Postby topsywaldron » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:21 am

klaan wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Haters will hate but he is a very big loss to the future of the SANFL.
Disappointed is all I'll say

Thanks to Chris, amongst others, the SANFL has no future so not sure what you're getting at here?

I'm guessing he's saying that those who actually work with him or know his work would be in a better position to know his commitment to the SANFL competition and the SANFL Clubs. Find me an administrator or board member who has a bad word to say about his contribution and i'll show you a person in the minority. Haters will hate.

So you know some people who know some people one of whom may be Davies. You're often at pains to point that out.

As someone who doesn't have the ear of the upper echelons of the SAFC administrative team and as merely the supporter of an SANFL team, and by proxy, the league itself Davies has failed spectacularly.

Membership numbers are down, crowds are down and we've lost the only week of decent coverage we had by moving the grand final a week earlier.

You can keep kidding yourself with your teenage rejoinders but Davies has had a hand in the destruction of the SANFL.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:24 am

topsywaldron wrote:
klaan wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Haters will hate but he is a very big loss to the future of the SANFL.

Thanks to Chris, amongst others, the SANFL has no future so not sure what you're getting at here?

I'm guessing he's saying that those who actually work with him or know his work would be in a better position to know his commitment to the SANFL competition and the SANFL Clubs. Find me an administrator or board member who has a bad word to say about his contribution and i'll show you a person in the minority. Haters will hate.

So you know some people who know some people one of whom may be Davies. You're often at pains to point that out.

As someone who doesn't have the ear of the upper echelons of the SAFC administrative team and as merely the supporter of an SANFL team, and by proxy, the league itself Davies has failed spectacularly.

Membership numbers are down, crowds are down and we've lost the only week of decent coverage we had by moving the grand final a week earlier.

You can keep kidding yourself with your teenage rejoinders but Davies has had a hand in the destruction of the SANFL.

But ultimately Davies was guided by the decisions of the league directors of the 8 voting clubs. It is those people that should hang their heads in shame as Chris was only following their instructions....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby UK Fan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:27 am

klaan wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:

Speak to K Grant and D Cavenett at centrals. Davies is a disgrace!!!

Don't let the door hit your aish on the way out.

Will be replaced by another sell out. Slaven would be my guess ??
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:37 am

klaan wrote:
RB wrote:
areaman wrote:SANFL General Manager Football Chris Davies has resigned from his post, with the highly respected administrator to depart in October.

http://sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2600/
Highly respected by whom?

Most at the coal face of running the Clubs. We're sorry to see him go because the people involved at Clubs will know that he has been a supporter of them at every point of his time there. The first person in that position to maintain his Club focus - probably why he's left.

Not what I've been told by people at the coalface of running a club.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, as I really wouldn't know. But I was on the fringes of quite a vehement discussion about his work.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby UK Fan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:19 am

heater31 wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:
klaan wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:

But ultimately Davies was guided by the decisions of the league directors of the 8 voting clubs. It is those people that should hang their heads in shame as Chris was only following their instructions....

League directors/steven trigg can not overturn imposed recruiting restrictions to gain a yes vote .

But chris Davies could
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby MightyEagles » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:57 am

UK Fan wrote:
klaan wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:

Speak to K Grant and D Cavenett at centrals. Davies is a disgrace!!!

Don't let the door hit your aish on the way out.

Will be replaced by another sell out. Slaven would be my guess ??

Slaven is in the police force, so if he does get the job, he would have to quit from that job first.
WOOOOO, Premiers 1993, 2006 and 2011!
Eagles - P 528 W 320 L 205 D 3 W% 60.89
WFC - P 575 W 160 L 411 D 4 W% 28.17
WTFC - P 1568 W 702 L 841 D 25 W% 45.56
Total - P 2671 W 1183 L 1457 D 32 W% 44.88
3 Flags - 1 Club
MightyEagles
Coach

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: United Eagles

Postby smac » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:28 pm

As long as he's written down somewhere that the SANFL were paying Ian Callinan's transfer fee (50% this year and 50% next year) from Centrals to Crows, I'm glad to see the back of him and know that my club would be feeling the same. Obviously they aren't at the coal face of anything.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby topsywaldron » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:32 pm

Not appearing to be the Chris Davies love-in that 'insiders' like Klaan expected.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby heater31 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:34 pm

smac wrote:As long as he's written down somewhere that the SANFL were paying Ian Callinan's transfer fee (50% this year and 50% next year) from Centrals to Crows, I'm glad to see the back of him and know that my club would be feeling the same. Obviously they aren't at the coal face of anything.

If I were Centrals and the cash failed to show up I would be sending the AFL team the invoice and tell them to sort it out with their former owners....
heater31

Postby Dog Day Afternoon » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:05 pm

heater31 wrote:
smac wrote:As long as he's written down somewhere that the SANFL were paying Ian Callinan's transfer fee (50% this year and 50% next year) from Centrals to Crows, I'm glad to see the back of him and know that my club would be feeling the same. Obviously they aren't at the coal face of anything.

If I were Centrals and the cash failed to show up I would be sending the AFL team the invoice and tell them to sort it out with their former owners....

I'd be repossessing him :twisted:
Dog Day Afternoon

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby smac » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:07 pm

And we could presume his resignation is a result of being told he won't get the CEO gig?
smac
Coach

Postby heater31 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:22 pm

smac wrote:And we could presume his resignation is a result of being told he won't get the CEO gig?

Possibly or he has a foot in the door for a vacant management role in the sport he was once a professional athlete in....
heater31

Postby smac » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:24 pm

I've heard a few names there, but not his. Wouldn't be a great appointment, hardly going to attract a decent signing.
smac
Coach

Postby topsywaldron » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:29 pm

smac wrote:I've heard a few names there, but not his. Wouldn't be a great appointment, hardly going to attract a decent signing.

But unless you're at the coalface of that sport you're hardly going to know what a brilliant sports administrator Davies is though. :D

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby smac » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:32 pm

Is coalface the name of the Davies family dinner table? That would make sense.
smac
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:16 pm

smac wrote:Is coalface the name of the Davies family dinner table? That would make sense.

topsy'll have this covered, don't worry. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7512 times
Been liked: 10808 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Maybe it was resign or be sacked?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2331 times
Been liked: 3555 times

Postby smac » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:04 pm

Given the level of incompetence they've put up with over the years, I'd be surprised.
smac
Coach

Postby matt1 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:11 pm

smac wrote:Given the level of incompetence they've put up with over the years, I'd be surprised.

*Devils advocate*

If we hate every person in this role (Davies, Chandler, Rosser) is it a job that where it's hard to win?
matt1
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby smac » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:19 pm

I was talking SANFL in general. They've had some idiots.

But pleasing everyone is highly unlikely. Alienating your core audience shouldn't be a deliberate move.
smac
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL