financial projections

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: financial projections

Postby VALE PARK » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:25 am

There is so much completion for kids and youth interest and time in the national code in SA.
Yet the SANFL have 5 weeks of the footy season with no footy,
that is not keeping people of all ages engaged in the game.
Rome burns!
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MatteeG » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:35 am

Dutchy wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:It'd be about the SANFL moving in on the organisation of junior footy, I'm assuming.

I'm not aware of what's proposed, what would be the issues (if any)?

WIthout seeing it I suspect it is about the minimum age of kids playing under 8's footy, AFL have changed it that kids need to be 7 by 30/4 each year to play club footy. If they aren;t that age they need to stick to Auskick (which makes the AFL more $ surprisingly) but opens the threat of kids going to other sports that accept kids at the lower age bracket.

Is that legit Dutchy?

Little G wont be happy having to do 2 more years of Auskick! (Or MatteeG running 2 more!)
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby JK » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:07 pm

If the 8 clubs are receiving $125k each in October to contribute toward debt reduction, does anyone know what the SANFL is doing with the remaining $69mil from the West Lakes sale?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby RM » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:10 pm

Released during the next few years and more as time passes
RM
Under 16s

Location: Near Grand North, The Northern Tavern and Prospect Oval. All belong to the Mighty NAFC.
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lincoln South

Postby whufc » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:18 pm

Wedgie wrote:Growth of the A League? Its going backwards!

Combined crowd attendances and tv audiences are up

Most people in the history of australian soccer are watching it on a weekly basis whether that be at a game on foxtel or on sbs

http://outside90.com/analysing-the-grow ... eague-123/
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:25 pm

whufc wrote:

Most people in the history of australian soccer are watching it on a weekly basis whether that be at a game on foxtel or on sbs

Soccer bloke blowing smoke up soccers arse....lol. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby JK » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:37 pm

RM wrote:Released during the next few years and more as time passes

Yeah sorry, I meant more in terms of what they're doing with it at the moment, to hopefully grow the value?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Magellan » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:29 pm

whufc wrote:

I wouldn't venture as far as to say that the crowd trends are on the up. In terms of season average attendances the crowds have largely plateaued across the league over its lifetime, with some slight variation from season to season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-League_attendance#Seasonal_average_attendances

My understanding about telly audiences is that they weren't particularly crash-hot.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:39 pm

whufc wrote:

There were bigger average crowds 8 years ago in the A League and that doesn't even take into account that the figures should be much higher now because of derbies.
Standard is at an all time low, besides a couple of ex Mariners players no one developes from the A League is playing consistent top flight soccer , the NSL used to produce heaps.
Crowd behaviour is at an all time low, at least that's some publicity I suppose. Clubs are continuously bailed out by Soccer Australia.
I've been following Australian soccer for almost 40 years and it is clearly at its lowest ebb at the moment.

Adelaide City used to get 12,402 per game in 1978. Adelaide United average 10,948 per game in 2016. Yeah massive growth.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2049 times
Been liked: 3891 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:01 pm

Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:

There were bigger average crowds 8 years ago in the A League and that doesn't even take into account that the figures should be much higher now because of derbies.
Standard is at an all time low, besides a couple of ex Mariners players no one developes from the A League is playing consistent top flight soccer , the NSL used to produce heaps.
Crowd behaviour is at an all time low, at least that's some publicity I suppose. Clubs are continuously bailed out by Soccer Australia.
I've been following Australian soccer for almost 40 years and it is clearly at its lowest ebb at the moment.

Adelaide City used to get 12,402 per game in 1978. Adelaide United average 10,948 per game in 2016. Yeah massive growth.

Don't think the standard is at an all time, its no where near as good as the old NSL days but the standard of the A-League now is much better than it was 5 years ago.

LOL its at its lowest ebb ever, yeah tonights mel adelaide derby doesnt compare to the old days of 1000 people watching Marconi vs Wollongong or even worse when Carlton played Collingwood infront of less than 1000.

Who could forget the days of Northern Spirit, Parramatta Power.
Last edited by whufc on Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:

Completely different world now, there is probably more aussies playing overseas now than ever especially when it comes to asian / arab countries.

Also competitions like the EPL, La Liga, Serie A are much stronger now than they were twenty five years ago with the introduction of overseas players including the South Americans, Italians, French, Africans etc.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:09 pm

Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:

What no derbies in the NSL,

city vs hellas
south melbourne vs melbourne knights
sydney united vs marconi
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:10 pm

Only if there was a dedicated soccer thread to discuss this in.

Hey, mods, you guys ever thought about a round ball section on this site?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:22 pm

whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:

What no derbies in the NSL,

city vs hellas
sydney united vs marconi

Seriously mate, read what is written, there was no derbies in the A League 8 years ago yet crowds were higher and reply once please!
Crowds, interest, production of players and standard haven't even stayed level let alone grown.
I live almost across the road from Hindmarsh and wouldnt even going to the crap dished up these days. This despite my interest in soccer being very high.
For years its been the sleeping giant, for years it was going to take over Australia, it never will and it forever will remain pretty insignificant in the scheme of Australian sport. And the A League will continue to go backwards in its current format.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Reddeer » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:43 pm

city vs hellas
sydney united vs marconi[/quote]
Seriously mate, read what is written, there was no derbies in the A League 8 years ago yet crowds were higher and reply once please!
Crowds, interest, production of players and standard haven't even stayed level let alone grown.
I live almost across the road from Hindmarsh and wouldnt even going to the crap dished up these days. This despite my interest in soccer being very high.
For years its been the sleeping giant, for years it was going to take over Australia, it never will and it forever will remain pretty insignificant in the scheme of Australian sport. And the A League will continue to go backwards in its current format.[/quote]
Now don't you mean SANFL?
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby VALE PARK » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:57 pm

Given the smallish turn up to their games ( to me) in the average week in Adelaide,
how come they get a ton of coverage in the paper (to me pages and pages) week in week out?
I reckon the SANFL comp has easily more followers and interest, yet lucky if we rate a mention in any given week.
There is always a mega ton of AFL info which I reckon hardly anybody reads.
Are the SANFL and the clubs missing doing enough?
Rome burns!
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Wedgie » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:04 pm

Reddeer wrote:Now don't you mean SANFL?

The SANFLs gone backwards at a much more rapid rate of knots recently thanks to the inclusion of the AFL teams, no doubt or argument here!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby bennymacca » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:09 pm

VALE PARK wrote:Given the smallish turn up to their games ( to me) in the average week in Adelaide,
how come they get a ton of coverage in the paper (to me pages and pages) week in week out?
I reckon the SANFL comp has easily more followers and interest, yet lucky if we rate a mention in any given week.
There is always a mega ton of AFL info which I reckon hardly anybody reads.
Are the SANFL and the clubs missing doing enough?
Rome burns!

The weekly crowd numbers for an A-league game wouldnt be that far off the weekly crowd numbers for the SANFL i wouldnt have thought?

The other key factor is the A-league is during the summer. So something has to fill the sports pages. In winter it is much harder for the SANFL to get a look in because of that
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby whufc » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:17 pm

While the average attendance is down the total attendance for a single season is set to be a record, more people than any other year in the history of australia soccer will walk through the gates this season.

Throw in the fact more people than ever have sat infront of the tv and watched the A-League and to say the interest is down is extremly debatable.

Imho the standard of the A-League has improved since 2005, its definately not as good as the old NSL days but is definatley an improvent on 10-5 years ago with some amazing overseas talent and quality returning aussie players such as Trioisi etc.
whufc
Coach

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:22 pm

Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times