Where to for Glenelg

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Where to for Glenelg

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:30 pm

Reddeer wrote:AFL is the big league now and EVERY thing else is second fiddle. sadly there will be casualties
There are hundreds of clubs worldwide in all sorts of games that have UNITED in their name.
So it will eventually be things like North Norwood United Sturt South United Glenelg West United it already is Woodville West Torrens United
We will have a 4 team comp that play each other every second week. great to look forward to but I wont be around

Shit World War 2 started again. :shock:
Oh well 2 more premierships for Norwood/North then :D
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby therisingblues » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:03 am

Reddeer wrote:AFL is the big league now and EVERY thing else is second fiddle. sadly there will be casualties
There are hundreds of clubs worldwide in all sorts of games that have UNITED in their name.
So it will eventually be things like North Norwood United Sturt South United Glenelg West United it already is Woodville West Torrens United
We will have a 4 team comp that play each other every second week. great to look forward to but I wont be around

Clubs usually become United to gain admission into a higher league.
I think four teams from South Australia would have been a realistic aim when the AFL was first put together. The identity of the SANFL would have been better preserved in four teams than just two. ATM it's a choice of either Port or the other team. So I chose to stick with Sturt in the diminished SANFL, but a line was crossed when the reserves were admitted, and I think the inevitable has been accelerated. We were never going to survive the AFL once West Coast joined. I think we should be looking to preserve our league's identity within the AFL. I think it's time (now or never) for a third side, spawned from perhaps two of the existing SANFL clubs, United.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby am Bays » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:57 pm

After last night, where to for us, the FLAG!!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL