Rumour re Media Coverage

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Rumour re Media Coverage

Postby Wedgie » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:08 pm

R4P on The Roost posted this:

I heard that SANFL matches will not be broadcast on radio this year. Fans have been shafted again. Last year only Life FM did the broadcast of games as 5RPH didn't do it. The previous year 5RPH did a great job sometimes doing 4 games a weekend (Friday night, Saturday afternoon and, if there was one, Saturday evening, then Sunday). Before that the ABC did it through 891.
We have been told (see today's Advertiser) that "fans will be able to purchase a digital pass to livestream those games not featured on Channel 7". That's right, we will have to pay to watch livestream on a computer or mobile device. Last year a few games were streamed but it was free. The Sheffield Shield cricket is still streamed free but SANFL games won't be.
On Channel 7 (or 7 Mate) the very proficient boundary rider Tom Wilson has left to work in Sydney. He will be replaced by Alyssa Smith from Channel 10. I believe Alana Smith is still around too. Don't get them mixed up. Alyssa is the blonde who smiles a lot, while we saw Alana last year. She was the partner of Crows CEO Chris Fagan. They are now married. I wonder how many candidates she beat to get the job.
But how disappointing is it not to have games broadcast on radio!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:07 pm

Sad if true for the comp.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11838 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:35 pm

She was the partner of Crows CEO Chris Fagan. They are now married. I wonder how many candidates she beat to get the job.

I hear the interview process for marrying into the Adelaide Crows family is intense. The key is to out-smug Nigel Smart at the mock hen's night.

Candidates for your wife, though? Sounds like a good deal for Fagan. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:58 pm

Must admit this will suit me, I'll be quite happy watching games at home or the pub and don't mind paying for it but I hate to think of how much money they'll be missing out on that I'd normally spend at games. It's definitely a huge step backward as far as media coverage goes too, radio has been awesome for the SANFL since we'll before I was born, I thought the Crows were bringing more media coverage not less? More lies. RIP SANFL.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby GWW » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:05 pm

Just for the record, Chris Fagan is Brisbane's coach.

Thr Crows CEO is Andrew Fagan.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby locky801 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:07 pm

Sad times, the SANFL is dying quicker than we all thought. Be interesting to see how much you will have to pay to get the stream. Once again SANFL supporters being taken for a ride. Hate to see what the comp will be like in a few years, No wonder people are heading out the the Amateurs, bit of hard biff footy, cheap food and booze and some atmosphere.
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3695 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby Mickyj » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:48 pm

locky801 wrote:Sad times, the SANFL is dying quicker than we all thought. Be interesting to see how much you will have to pay to get the stream. Once again SANFL supporters being taken for a ride. Hate to see what the comp will be like in a few years, No wonder people are heading out the the Amateurs, bit of hard biff footy, cheap food and booze and some atmosphere.

So by going by this bleak post SA footy will be closing its doors
Or am I reading your gloom and doom the wrong way
Cause all the people or most of them that are saying gloom and doom do they actually go to sanfl games any more ?
Guess if one doesn't attend one shouldn't say it's dead could be dead maybe it is but if people keeping crying it's dead with out going how do they actually know ? Just asking .
Not trying to have an argument but if honestly how do people know first hand if they aren't at games .
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby saintal » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:19 pm

Another nail in the coffin if true.

And yes I did attend all but a couple of South games last year Mickyj, and yes, the decline is evident in more ways than one.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Mickyj » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:45 pm

saintal wrote:Another nail in the coffin if true.

And yes I did attend all but a couple of South games last year Mickyj, and yes, the decline is evident in more ways than one.

fair enough as i said i wasnt looking for an argument
Just seems many on this page do not go to the games yet appear to proudly say its dying but if you dont attend how do you know first hand .

I missed one Eagle game last year just in case anyone was going to mention that
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Is it that the SANFL wanted to go down this path or do the radio stations see no value in spending money on it?
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby goddy11 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:10 pm

Mickyj wrote:

Just seems many on this page do not go to the games yet appear to proudly say its dying but if you dont attend how do you know first hand .

Boom boom. Mickyj You've hit the nail on the head. If your watching it live or listening to the radio, chances are your not at the game. No benefit to any club you follow,
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Brodlach » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:11 pm

RustyCage wrote:Is it that the SANFL wanted to go down this path or do the radio stations see no value in spending money on it?

Think this is right Rusty, no coverage from the community stations has been on the cards for the best part of a decade
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Wedgie » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:14 pm

Mickyj wrote:
locky801 wrote:Sad times, the SANFL is dying quicker than we all thought. Be interesting to see how much you will have to pay to get the stream. Once again SANFL supporters being taken for a ride. Hate to see what the comp will be like in a few years, No wonder people are heading out the the Amateurs, bit of hard biff footy, cheap food and booze and some atmosphere.

Cause all the people or most of them that are saying gloom and doom do they actually go to sanfl games any more ?
Guess if one doesn't attend one shouldn't say it's dead could be dead maybe it is but if people keeping crying it's dead with out going how do they actually know ? Just asking .
Not trying to have an argument but if honestly how do people know first hand if they aren't at games .

Mate, its obvious, ive been a volunteer at my club, I was a member for 32 years and Id set up a few websites.
I and thousands of people like me became completely disenchanted when the Crows were allowed in, its a joke of a comp now.
Ive gone from attending every game and forking out thousands of dollars to my club each year to hardly going because of it and I know hundreds like me, looking at the crowd figures in recent years it amounts to thousands.
I go occassionally solely for the reason of catching up with mates and i see firsthand how dead it is, despite this I encourage my daughter to be a physio at South and she still goes most weeks, its a stepping stone to her future career.
We need all clubs playing under the same rules otherwise it will continue to go backwards and die.
I now have the choice of sitting at my favourite pub and watching it drinking a beer I like at a great price as opposed to going to the games and paying twice the amount for a beer I hate, its a no brainer.
It might be less obvious to an Eagles fan as theres never been much atmosphere at Eagles games anyway and most of them also follow the Crows which doesnt suprise me since they were shallow enough to allow their clubs to merge.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Mickyj » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:23 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Mate, its obvious, ive been a volunteer at my club, I was a member for 32 years and Id set up a few websites.
I and thousands of people like me became completely disenchanted when the Crows were allowed in, its a joke of a comp now.
Ive gone from attending every game and forking out thousands of dollars to my club each year to hardly going because of it and I know hundreds like me, looking at the crowd figures in recent years it amounts to thousands.
I go occassionally solely for the reason of catching up with mates and i see firsthand how dead it is, despite this I encourage my daughter to be a physio at South and she still goes most weeks, its a stepping stone to her future career.
We need all clubs playing under the same rules otherwise it will continue to go backwards and die.
I now have the choice of sitting at my favourite pub and watching it drinking a beer I like at a great price as opposed to going to the games and paying twice the amount for a beer I hate, its a no brainer.

Well good for you Wedgie
As a low paid worker fpr the majority of my adult life married life and what my exemployer and their insurer is doing to me ,now or in the last year i was reportedly a drunk diabetic who doesnt drink the proof didnt go down well lol .
I learnt many years ago never buy drinks or food at grounds with the exception of finals you really cant get in with drinks
Dont drink booze you can have that mate i go to watch the game
Moved on from buy food take a subway wrap better for me ,

By all means you do what you do
me dont drink booze me dont smoke cigs
I go and watch and support my team .
If thats wrong its for you so be it
if what i do is wrong so be it its what i do ,
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Grenville » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:24 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

It might be less obvious to an Eagles fan as theres never been much atmosphere at Eagles games anyway and most of them also follow the Crows which doesnt suprise me since they were shallow enough to allow their clubs to merge.

Bbbbbbbut the poncho!
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Mickyj » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:25 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Boom boom. Mickyj You've hit the nail on the head. If your watching it live or listening to the radio, chances are your not at the game. No benefit to any club you follow,

thanks Goddy
by all means they can think that but if you dont go why complain
i go every week excluding a busted ear drum
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:31 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Well good for you Wedgie
As a low paid worker fpr the majority of my adult life married life and what my exemployer and their insurer is doing to me ,now or in the last year i was reportedly a drunk diabetic who doesnt drink the proof didnt go down well lol .
I learnt many years ago never buy drinks or food at grounds with the exception of finals you really cant get in with drinks

All good mate , there is no right or wrong, well if anything you live right and I live wrong.
Beer is a very small part of it, I put up with shit beer for 20 plus years.
The SANFL used to appeal to a niche, a very strong, loud, powerful and loyal niche, it no longer does.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:34 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Mate, its obvious, ive been a volunteer at my club, I was a member for 32 years and Id set up a few websites.

Well good for you Wedgie

All good mate , there is no right or wrong, well if anything you live right and I live wrong.
Beer is a very small part of it, I put up with shit beer for 20 plus years.
The SANFL used to appeal to a niche, a very strong, loud, powerful and loyal niche, it no longer does.
Im a retiree now mate so we're in similar boats there. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby locky801 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:43 pm

I have been to many games over 50 years. Probably for 30 years i did not miss a game

Things change, i now go and watch my son play football at a local club, unfortuantly due to my SANFL club continually having Sunday games when he was playing it was a no brainer. He pl;ayed Juniors on a Sunday, North Sunday games and i also had website commitments for the SAAFL club. There were also other issues that came into play which i will not discuss on an open forum however i lost the passion for the NAFC over the last 3 years.

Now my son is about to play Senior Football (all on a Saturday) North's games now are primarily on a Saturday. I will attend when i can. Wedgie has summed it up very well and is on the money.

I like all do not want to see the SANFL die but as in my previous post i have seen some more decent foot in the SAAFL or whatever they are now then a number of North games i have been to.

Rant over, lets just hope its not the end of the comp in a few years
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3695 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:01 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

What if you attend most of your club's games, and cannot get to all of them for various reasons? Or you would like to tune in to another game of interest not involving your club? Perhaps there are people who do not attend very often, but after catching an exciting game on the radio decide to get down to the footy more often.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL