SANFL Finals Week 2

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Finals Week 2

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:23 pm

GMcG wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:Pathetic eagles. First quarter our foot and hand skills were below SANFL standard, we fumbled and constantly bombed the ball forward without looking. I thought Poole, Thompson and Stewart were the only ones who could hold there heads up high this match.

Performances of West (absolutely destroyed in the ruck from the opening bounce), Johanson (lack of desperation and pressure when not wit the ball), J Hayes (non-existent mirroring weeks of sub-standard performances) and Giuffreda (worst first half of his career) were very concerning.

Bornholm MUST come into the side next week replacing either West or J Hayes. Not really sure what other changes we can make as there hasn't really been anyone in the reserves knocking down the door throughout the season.

I see Johansen hasnt changed. Only works hard if he can look good and then he will bitch if things dont go his way. The kid is a cancer. Players were glad to see the back of him when he quit Glenelg because he thought he deserved more money and believed he was geting screwed over by the club. The amount of times he would bag all the Glenel;g coaches during drills

apparently a LOT of the current playing group does!

the kid still has a chip on his shoulder because he want drafted and Corey Gregson was
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:46 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
GMcG wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:Pathetic eagles. First quarter our foot and hand skills were below SANFL standard, we fumbled and constantly bombed the ball forward without looking. I thought Poole, Thompson and Stewart were the only ones who could hold there heads up high this match.

Performances of West (absolutely destroyed in the ruck from the opening bounce), Johanson (lack of desperation and pressure when not wit the ball), J Hayes (non-existent mirroring weeks of sub-standard performances) and Giuffreda (worst first half of his career) were very concerning.

Bornholm MUST come into the side next week replacing either West or J Hayes. Not really sure what other changes we can make as there hasn't really been anyone in the reserves knocking down the door throughout the season.

I see Johansen hasnt changed. Only works hard if he can look good and then he will bitch if things dont go his way. The kid is a cancer. Players were glad to see the back of him when he quit Glenelg because he thought he deserved more money and believed he was geting screwed over by the club. The amount of times he would bag all the Glenel;g coaches during drills

apparently a LOT of the current playing group does!

the kid still has a chip on his shoulder because he want drafted and Corey Gregson was

Johansen has overall been very good for us this year and I think has been a good addition. He'd be up amongst our highest season possession winners and must be about 3rd on our goal kicking list for the season. I sometimes wonder whether Godden plays him too much of the time up forward but I guess we can't be playing him alongside Boyd in the centre. But your points about him working hard are valid. At least twice on Sunday I saw instances of him giving up the chase after a turnover which was really disappointing
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby RB » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:07 pm

Jim05 wrote:
JK wrote:Image

Much better to be killed off and taken over :)

Yep. Better two histories than none.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 765 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Grenville » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:10 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH another nail in the coffin of the SANFL.

Kudos to the six clubs who voted yes and a special thanks to the SANFL for its endorsement.

Well done by all.

Bravo.

A Sturt bloke at work assumed I'd support them over Port in the GF, I said nope I hope you get done. It's all you deserve after voting these pricks in. Said the same to a Norwood supporter a couple of years back. I'd back South in a heartbeat but the rest can get f****d.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby wedgetail » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:39 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:

Johansen has been an exceptionally good recruit this year. Because we have a strong leadership group and high expectations, his behaviour and work ethic have been fine. He has also played on minimal match payments as well. He did let himself down on Sunday but expect him to bounce back this week and prove the doubters wrong. Mind you , he had lots of mates who let themselves down as well Sunday!
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby StrayDog » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:23 pm

prowling panther wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:It was also up against the Royal Show this year - I don't think the show had included a second Sunday in previous years. This may have had some slight impact, with the weather being at its best compared to the rest of Show week.
Cheers

Show started having 2 weekends I think in the last year or so.
I was at the Show yesty and there was hardly anyone there.

I don't think the show had any impact on the crowd, if your team was playing in the finals you would have been there, if your team was not in contention, then the show or a bin full of weeds would have been a better alternative. Prelim and Grand Final will be better attended by footy fans of SANFL.

Years gone by this century, I might have appeased my craving for finals when the 'Dogs earned a week off by going along as a neutral. The 2003 West / Eagles Prelim of my favourite non-Dogs finals. Even tucked into a fair chunk of Elimination or First Semi in years when the 'Dogs were due to front up afterwards.

I might again one day, just not in the foreseeable future.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1147 times
Been liked: 194 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL