2018 fixture

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2018 fixture

Postby GMcG » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:04 am

No Friday night games or Sunday games at Elizabeth, nothing will get better if we don't try different stuff.
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby beef » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:57 am

GMcG wrote:No Friday night games or Sunday games at Elizabeth, nothing will get better if we don't try different stuff.

I think the SANFL should basically be entirely Sundays to not clash with ammo footy. The days of night footy at elizabeth seem finished
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby vics01 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:03 am

Or maybe the Ammo's should be Sundays so as to not clash with the better standard of footy??
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby beef » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:07 am

Or perhaps we shouldn't change anything then whinge when the comp dies. Sorry i forgot the only issue with the SANFL is the 2 afl sides.
beef
League - Best 21

Postby Wedgie » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:41 am

They've been rolling between Saturdays, Night games and Sundays for the last 25 plus years always claiming the next change will attract more people.
Unless they get rid of the AFL sides they're just shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.
I am glad they are having less games on AFL game day in Adelaide, it at least gives me a choice on whether to go or not.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby cennals05 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:32 pm

GMcG wrote:No Friday night games or Sunday games at Elizabeth, nothing will get better if we don't try different stuff.

I agree. I have been suggesting Sunday games to the club for a few years. They don't want to do it because of the bingo on Sunday night. Just play the game an hour earlier to avoid a clash or have the presentations in the bar. At least try it though.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby GMcG » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:39 pm

cennals05 wrote:

I agree. I have been suggesting Sunday games to the club for a few years. They don't want to do it because of the bingo on Sunday night. Just play the game an hour earlier to avoid a clash or have the presentations in the bar. At least try it though.

KEG doesn't want them.
GMcG
Under 16s

Postby GMcG » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:40 pm

cennals05 wrote:

swap, make the footy on Sunday & the bingo on Saturday night.
GMcG
Under 16s

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:44 pm

cennals05 wrote:

Bingo > footy. :shock:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:06 pm

Booney wrote:
cennals05 wrote:

Bingo > footy. :shock:

$$$$
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby tipper » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:07 pm

beef wrote:Or perhaps we shouldn't change anything then whinge when the comp dies. Sorry i forgot the only issue with the SANFL is the 2 afl sides.

lol, tinkering with the programming while ignoring the effect the reserves sides are having on the comp is like trying to remove the splinter from your toe while bleeding to death because your arm has been cut off.....

but whatever makes you feel better i guess
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby beef » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:21 pm

tipper wrote:
beef wrote:Or perhaps we shouldn't change anything then whinge when the comp dies. Sorry i forgot the only issue with the SANFL is the 2 afl sides.

lol, tinkering with the programming while ignoring the effect the reserves sides are having on the comp is like trying to remove the splinter from your toe while bleeding to death because your arm has been cut off.....

but whatever makes you feel better i guess

Lets remove the 2 afl sides, 7 withdraw their broadcasting, and we will see a throw back to the 80's of massive crowds and support from kids watching their heroes. AFL sides will stay as long as they want no matter how much the majority on here (minority in reality) want them to go. Hence my original comment needing to do something different to maximise crowds as the 2 evil anti-sanfl clubs are staying.
beef
League - Best 21

Postby tipper » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:34 pm

beef wrote:Lets remove the 2 afl sides, 7 withdraw their broadcasting

just like we have lost radio coverage since the afl sides joined in?
beef wrote:and we will see a throw back to the 80's of massive crowds and support from kids watching their heroes

never said that would happen if we removed them, but surely we cant continue to ignore their detrimental effects
beef wrote:AFL sides will stay as long as they want

not true, they could be voted out, however i agree that is unlikely
beef wrote: no matter how much the majority on here (minority in reality) want them to go

not sure it really is a minority to be honest. just because everyone who is against it doesnt post here, doesnt mean they are supporting it. seemed to be more against it at the North "members info night" than for it all that time ago...

but as i said, lets just keep tinkering around the edges and ignore the biggest cause of a drop in attendances and interest. oh look over there, twitter hits are up.....
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby beef » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:01 pm

We're both saying the same thing. You want change (kick out the afl sides) and i want change (try to maximise attendances by trying different things). In a few years is will probably be afl sa and it will be too late for everyone.
beef
League - Best 21

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:12 pm

SANFL football operations manager Tom Hurley told The Advertiser games on Sunday would increase average attendances because the league was not competing against junior sport.

Hurley said most Port and Crows AFL matches were also scheduled for Saturdays in 2018 so more Sunday state league games made sense to help boost attendances.

The average crowd on Saturday games in 2017 was 1990 as opposed to Sunday games where there were 2544,” Hurley said.

“I think fans generally have more commitments on a Saturday afternoon and it may also be related to matches ongoing at Adelaide Oval in conflict with SANFL football.

“I also think Sunday is a better opportunity for families to get out and have a day activity and the SANFL presents a great opportunity to do that.”

- Junior football is played on Sundays, not Saturdays.
- There is one (1) AFL match scheduled for Saturday afternoon in 2018 ( Port v Brisbane in round 3 ). One.
- Port play 5 ( 4:40 ) and Adelaide 3 ( 4:40 ) twilight Saturday matches.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:30 pm

Booney wrote:SANFL football operations manager Tom Hurley told The Advertiser games on Sunday would increase average attendances because the league was not competing against junior sport.

Hurley said most Port and Crows AFL matches were also scheduled for Saturdays in 2018 so more Sunday state league games made sense to help boost attendances.

The average crowd on Saturday games in 2017 was 1990 as opposed to Sunday games where there were 2544,” Hurley said.

“I think fans generally have more commitments on a Saturday afternoon and it may also be related to matches ongoing at Adelaide Oval in conflict with SANFL football.

“I also think Sunday is a better opportunity for families to get out and have a day activity and the SANFL presents a great opportunity to do that.”

- There is one (1) AFL match scheduled for Saturday afternoon in 2018 ( Port v Brisbane in round 3 ). One.

Country junior footy is played Saturdays
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:52 pm

Booney wrote:SANFL football operations manager Tom Hurley told The Advertiser games on Sunday would increase average attendances because the league was not competing against junior sport.

They're even confusing themselves.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby VALE PARK » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:15 pm

Any radio coverage in 2018 ?
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Jim05 wrote:

In the morning, yes?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:28 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

In the morning, yes?

Yes
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL