R2 North V West Sunday 1310

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R2 North V West Sunday 1310

Postby Dutchy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:10 pm

ASADA booking their flights to Adelaide and uber to Prospect as we speak.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:39 pm

A Westies supporter in the front bar of the Halfway Hotel didn't like the scores I gave him. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Gozu » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:50 pm

Roosters up and about, I'm old enough to remember when North were crap.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:09 am

Gozu wrote:Roosters up and about, I'm old enough to remember when North were crap.

Blimey, if you were a new born you’d be able to remember that
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby GMcG » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:22 am

Gozu wrote:Roosters up and about, I'm old enough to remember when North were crap.

you mean last weekend.
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:25 am

A great and unbelievable result for a match that was predicted as either a line-ball or had West as favorites. I saw a North supporter in front of grandstand take a photo of the scoreboard late in the last quarter, probably because when he got home and told the family the score they would've called the asylum.

I'm not sure what you can say about Westies on that performance, I'm quite sure they're not that bad but just had a shit match and we had the opposite day where pretty much everything went right. Great to see some strong pressure applied by our guys, particularly in defense, and some sharp skills were well executed in close which set up numerous forward attacks. In fact, skills overall were very well performed, with some bullet passes that helped Ramsay jag some of his six goals.

The result also had me thinking about the record books re: highest first quarter against West, and highest wining margin. Reckon we just fell short of the latter (IIRC we beat West in 1990 by perhaps 160-odd points at Prospect), and no idea on the former. Interested for confirmation if anyone out there knows the answers.

The next couple of weeks against Sturt and Norwood will provide a rough guide as to whether yesterday's demolition is a one-off or marks some kind of turning of the corner.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:28 am

GMcG wrote:

you mean last weekend.

Choose your own time-frame. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:00 pm

One reason I like Colville, honesty!

Given our performance yesterday, it is essential I write to our members and supporters immediately. Following the game, the players and coaches went directly to WAFC to watch a replay. We spent 2.5 hours and only made it through the first half. There were many honest and constructive conversations. In short, our performance was embarrassing and insipid. You deserve more. It was evident that we did not come mentally prepared for the match. From the first bounce we were second to the ball, undisciplined and refused to work hard to stop the opposition’s ball movement or to create opportunities for ourselves. Currently our skills are a long way below league standard. This remains a significant source of frustration as our training standards have continued to improve over the last two months. In particular, we rated our training last week as the best of the season/preseason. Perhaps therein lies one of our problems, we are content far too easily. We will continue to push our training standards and hold players to account for this on match day as well. Our structures again, were poorly executed. Players appear either unsure or unwilling to adhere to team plans and I will take responsibility for this. I need to and will find a way to ensure our game plan is executed better. Our defensive pressure was occasional at best. With just 81 one percent efforts in the match (our target is 100) we are simply not working hard enough to close down opponents. This is both a problem in work rate and reaction time. We were either outnumbered at contests or too slow to react which lead to most players being caught in between contests. We need to be more decisive and deliberate in our attack on the opposition when defending. Two goals in a game of football is obviously unacceptable. Certainly, our goal kicking did not assist in this area. Another area for improvement. Perhaps of biggest concern is our inability to stand up and stem the flow when under pressure. I saw too many heads drop when things weren’t going our way. We need to understand that football is a tough game and league football requires a steely resolve to stand up under fire both as a team and an individual. Importantly, I thought Tom Keough was able to provide real impact in the midfield when moved there part way through the game. I thought Aaron Anderson displayed a consistent work ethic and Jake Wilson made some important defensive plays.

As coach of West Adelaide Football Club, I apologise. I am responsible for team performance and this week I failed you. I have begun and will continue to have the honest conversations required to address our shortcomings and ascertain why we came with such a poor mental approach. The players and I know that we have let you down and ourselves down. But in sport and life we are defined by our resilience, not by our perfections. It is only round 2. We will continue to look for every learning opportunity that comes with such a loss and then start looking to next week. I understand, given our performance, that many of you will not be inclined to travel out to Elizabeth for this week’s game. But in dark hours, we need your support more than ever. I can only ask you to keep the faith and know that we will do everything we can to improve.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby ChickCock » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Great Cocks :supz:
ChickCock
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Corona Man » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:22 pm

Just looked at the ladder, and I’d encourage every Roosters supporter to do likewise. We are in the 5, you know, that top half of the ladder. A place we’ve not occupied for a long time. I’m gonna screenshot it while I can.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Magellan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:37 pm

Corona Man wrote:Just looked at the ladder, and I’d encourage every Roosters supporter to do likewise. We are in the 5, you know, that top half of the ladder. A place we’ve not occupied for a long time. I’m gonna screenshot it while I can.

I had a look at the ladder and spent the next half an hour on the couch with a bout of vertigo.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:48 pm

Magellan wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Just looked at the ladder, and I’d encourage every Roosters supporter to do likewise. We are in the 5, you know, that top half of the ladder. A place we’ve not occupied for a long time. I’m gonna screenshot it while I can.

I had a look at the ladder and spent the next half an hour on the couch with a bout of vertigo.

And a box of tissues?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:04 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Magellan wrote:

And a box of tissues?

Very much so. Haven’t been up as high as 4th spot for yonks, my nose just wouldn’t stop bleeding.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:06 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Magellan wrote:

And a box of tissues?

You just worry about boxes of beer, not tissues...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:03 am

We were in the 5 after round 2 last year.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Brodlach » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:05 am

Spargo wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Magellan wrote:

And a box of tissues?

You just worry about boxes of beer, not tissues...

:finga: :finga:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby bundybloods » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:27 am

I find it interesting that the President of the WAFC tells us we paid o profit but then we are told we have no money to recruit.Who is telling porky pies.I think heads need to roll from the top down to the Footy manager who should stick to doing what he is getting good money for.
bundybloods
Mini-League

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:43 am

Brodlach wrote:One reason I like Colville, honesty!

Given our performance yesterday, it is essential I write to our members and supporters immediately. Following the game, the players and coaches went directly to WAFC to watch a replay. We spent 2.5 hours and only made it through the first half. There were many honest and constructive conversations. In short, our performance was embarrassing and insipid. You deserve more. It was evident that we did not come mentally prepared for the match. From the first bounce we were second to the ball, undisciplined and refused to work hard to stop the opposition’s ball movement or to create opportunities for ourselves. Currently our skills are a long way below league standard. This remains a significant source of frustration as our training standards have continued to improve over the last two months. In particular, we rated our training last week as the best of the season/preseason. Perhaps therein lies one of our problems, we are content far too easily. We will continue to push our training standards and hold players to account for this on match day as well. Our structures again, were poorly executed. Players appear either unsure or unwilling to adhere to team plans and I will take responsibility for this. I need to and will find a way to ensure our game plan is executed better. Our defensive pressure was occasional at best. With just 81 one percent efforts in the match (our target is 100) we are simply not working hard enough to close down opponents. This is both a problem in work rate and reaction time. We were either outnumbered at contests or too slow to react which lead to most players being caught in between contests. We need to be more decisive and deliberate in our attack on the opposition when defending. Two goals in a game of football is obviously unacceptable. Certainly, our goal kicking did not assist in this area. Another area for improvement. Perhaps of biggest concern is our inability to stand up and stem the flow when under pressure. I saw too many heads drop when things weren’t going our way. We need to understand that football is a tough game and league football requires a steely resolve to stand up under fire both as a team and an individual. Importantly, I thought Tom Keough was able to provide real impact in the midfield when moved there part way through the game. I thought Aaron Anderson displayed a consistent work ethic and Jake Wilson made some important defensive plays.

As coach of West Adelaide Football Club, I apologise. I am responsible for team performance and this week I failed you. I have begun and will continue to have the honest conversations required to address our shortcomings and ascertain why we came with such a poor mental approach. The players and I know that we have let you down and ourselves down. But in sport and life we are defined by our resilience, not by our perfections. It is only round 2. We will continue to look for every learning opportunity that comes with such a loss and then start looking to next week. I understand, given our performance, that many of you will not be inclined to travel out to Elizabeth for this week’s game. But in dark hours, we need your support more than ever. I can only ask you to keep the faith and know that we will do everything we can to improve.

Amateurs, do it in a Grand Final and come back to me.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:34 am

I can't believe that Colville would have lost the players in Round 2, my thoughts are that maybe he has put too much info into their heads (which is easy to do as a coach). I suspect he will peel back the layers and keep it pretty simple this week.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby tkr » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:22 pm

bundybloods wrote:I find it interesting that the President of the WAFC tells us we paid o profit but then we are told we have no money to recruit.Who is telling porky pies.I think heads need to roll from the top down to the Footy manager who should stick to doing what he is getting good money for.

I think you might have something there bb. I've heard there are off field issues which are causing problems with the on field part and has been happening for a while.

Serious decisions need to be made and consequently the right changes to the off field setup to be done ASAP.
tkr
Rookie

Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 19 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL