Port V South Sat 1410

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Port V South Sat 1410

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:13 am

stan wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Where are all the Magpies fans up in arms about this smashing? Nowhere cause even they dont care anymore.

You've all done your best to make discussion on them, in any capacity, unwelcome in here (you contribute your fair share BTW), what do you expect?

Thought Magpie fans would have thicker skin TBH
Pretty harsh mate. Let's kill off your club and replace with a plastic second side and see if you hang around for so the bulshit.

All the Bay fans walking away are doing a great job of that on their own mate,
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:40 am

Yep. But thats cos our Board/Pres didnt listen. Why dont Port get more fans to SANFL matches? Isnt it record level memberships??
Or is it cos the fans realise its all practice matches
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:20 am

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Where are all the Magpies fans up in arms about this smashing? Nowhere cause even they dont care anymore.

You've all done your best to make discussion on them, in any capacity, unwelcome in here (you contribute your fair share BTW), what do you expect?

Mate, come on, you lead the charge when it comes to shit canning any discussion on Port Adelaide in the SANFL, don't go questioning why there is no chat about it now.

I'm not just referring to here, but overall, imagine pre 2014 if Magpies crowds was down this much or their on field results were this bad, there would be passion and fight, in 2018 there is very little at all.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:48 am

Dutchy wrote:I'm not just referring to here, but overall, imagine pre 2014 if Magpies crowds was down this much or their on field results were this bad, there would be passion and fight, in 2018 there is very little at all.

(Waste of typing coming up but anywho)

We're pragmatic about our list at SANFL level.

Lobbe, Young, Ah Chee, Impey, Trengove, Austin to name just a few are out of the regular Magpies line up and have been replaced by the likes of Hayes (inj), Garner (inj), Farrell, McKenzie, Patmore, Barry to name a few. As such, we're no where near as mature, we've got more kids playing SANFL than previous years.

Some weeks ago I said "Lokan doesn't have much to work with" and you led the chorus of eye rolling emoji's.
We topped up our AFL list at the top end, accordingly the bottom end got thinned out and replaced by the 9 kids we've taken in the last 2 drafts.

But that's all a bit of reasonable discussion so I don't expect this to be taken too kindly in here.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:12 am

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:[quote="Dutchy"]Where are all the Magpies fans up in arms about this smashing? Nowhere cause even they dont care anymore.

Mate, come on, you lead the charge when it comes to shit canning any discussion on Port Adelaide in the SANFL, don't go questioning why there is no chat about it now.

I'm not just referring to here, but overall, imagine pre 2014 if Magpies crowds was down this much or their on field results were this bad, there would be passion and fight, in 2018 there is very little at all.[/quote]Because there are no magpies FFS. They are dead. The old Port Adelaide is gone.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dutchy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:04 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:I'm not just referring to here, but overall, imagine pre 2014 if Magpies crowds was down this much or their on field results were this bad, there would be passion and fight, in 2018 there is very little at all.

Lobbe, Young, Ah Chee, Impey, Trengove, Austin to name just a few are out of the regular Magpies line up and have been replaced by the likes of Hayes (inj), Garner (inj), Farrell, McKenzie, Patmore, Barry to name a few. As such, we're no where near as mature, we've got more kids playing SANFL than previous years.

Some weeks ago I said "Lokan doesn't have much to work with" and you led the chorus of eye rolling emoji's.
We topped up our AFL list at the top end, accordingly the bottom end got thinned out and replaced by the 9 kids we've taken in the last 2 drafts.

But that's all a bit of reasonable discussion so I don't expect this to be taken too kindly in here.

Kids yes, but still plenty to work with I would reckon, plenty of SANFL coaches would love to work with kids that are in the top 70 odd players in their age group and with the time they spend at the club should improve dramatically in an SANFL season.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:07 pm

How can you care about a team who’s doesn’t care about winning.
The old Magpie faithful have given up supporting a team who don’t care about winning.

Plain and simple really!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:12 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

Kids yes, but still plenty to work with I would reckon, plenty of SANFL coaches would love to work with kids that are in the top 70 odd players in their age group and with the time they spend at the club should improve dramatically in an SANFL season.

I reckon SANFL coaches would rather work with mature bodies that can handle a full season of senior football ahead of a 70kg 18 year old.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:15 pm

amber_fluid wrote:How can you care about a team who’s doesn’t care about winning.
The old Magpie faithful have given up supporting a team who don’t care about winning.

Plain and simple really!

Me, I reckon anyone who believes a footballer who has spent months training to then spend two hours putting his body on the line doesn't care about winning is a moron.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby southee » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:31 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

I reckon SANFL coaches would rather work with mature bodies that can handle a full season of senior football ahead of a 70kg 18 year old.

Sorry Booney, but with all due respect did you see the ages and experience of many of the South players against you on Saturday?

Kappler, Fitt, Krueger, Szust ??? All 17 to 18 year old kids.

Add a American ruckman, Aurrichio who is still learning (only played for 2 years).

It’s not really an excuse really for going down by that much. I observed after the game and Port really could not care less about losing. They used to hurt but not anymore. Smiles and laughs going down the race after the game. The Port of old has changed.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:14 pm

Sure mate, you've seen it once with your own eyes, can't be anything but true.

Where aren't the Port people posting? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby saintal » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:19 pm

southee wrote:
Kappler, Fitt, Krueger, Szust ??? All 17 to 18 year old kids.

Add a American ruckman, Aurrichio who is still learning (only played for 2 years).

For what it's worth, add Sampson and Noble to your list of skinny kids from Saturday who have debuted this year.

Was never going to be a great crowd with the Power Reserves struggling, South supporters few and far between and a televised game. But sub 1500 is a sign of the times.
Last edited by saintal on Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:20 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:How can you care about a team who’s doesn’t care about winning.

Plain and simple really!

Me, I reckon anyone who believes a footballer who has spent months training to then spend two hours putting his body on the line doesn't care about winning is a moron.

Think what you want.
Only the happy clapper Power supporters like yourself believe winning is their number 1 objective.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:25 pm

Winning will always be their objective...might not be number 1 though
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:28 pm

MW wrote:Winning will always be their objective...might not be number 1 though

It might sneak into the top 10 mate!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:33 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:

Plain and simple really!

Think what you want.
Only the happy clapper Power supporters like yourself believe winning is their number 1 objective.

Never said it was, but morons who think footballers (at any level) don't care about winning at all are just that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:02 pm

How can the PAFC expect supporters to shell out their hard earned cash each week on a side who’s number 1 priority isn’t winning.
Make that the priority and maybe just maybe a few supporters might start attending again.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:05 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:

Plain and simple really!

Think what you want.

Never said it was, but morons who think footballers (at any level) don't care about winning at all are just that.

You think Jack Watts cared about the scoreboard when he got dropped a couple of weeks ago and played at the Magpies?
=)) =))
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby westcoastpanther » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:46 pm

Loving the fact it was the underachieving, basket case Panthers flogging Port that has made it stand out like dogs balls.....Magpies are dead.

Era over, and it's sad as I come from EP where so many people I know have played for them
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:02 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:Loving the fact it was the underachieving, basket case Panthers flogging Port that has made it stand out like dogs balls.....Magpies are dead.

Era over, and it's sad as I come from EP where so many people I know have played for them

Underachieving, that's suggesting people thought you were capable of achieving something so, no.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL