Sturt v Centrals Sun 1410

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Sturt v Centrals Sun 1410

Postby Groucho » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:51 pm

Sturt were REALLY GOOD and not sure what is worse than REALLY BAD but Central sucked.

Another unenjoyable game and 2 hours of my life I won't get back.
Only 3 more losses to go in this season from Hell! Not too sure next season is going to be any better. :evil: :twisted: :(
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby stampy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:59 pm

another grub wrote:dogs competative til half time but Sturt by 5 goals

what was that lol?
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 333 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Grenville » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:44 pm

stampy wrote:
another grub wrote:dogs competative til half time but Sturt by 5 goals

what was that lol?

We were down by 5 goals about halfway through the first quarter. Competitive we were not.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby fish » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:44 am

fish wrote:I'm going to the game, so Centrals by plenty :-BD

FAIL
fish
Coach

Has liked: 183 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby GMcG » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:15 am

Groucho wrote:Sturt were REALLY GOOD and not sure what is worse than REALLY BAD but Central sucked.

Another unenjoyable game and 2 hours of my life I won't get back.
Only 3 more losses to go in this season from Hell! Not too sure next season is going to be any better. :evil: :twisted: :(

go neck yourself then.
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby northerner » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:22 pm

Dogs again showed the amazing chasm between their best and worst. The teams we had on the Park in the 00's also had bad quarters but would suffocate the life out of a team that was threatening to get on top. This team does not have what it takes to close down an opponent who has momentum.
Sturt cover most bases and to me look like a worthy GF side. But I maintain the Norwood outfit who belted us at the Parade is in prime position to take the choccies in 2018.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 436 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby therisingblues » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:30 pm

northerner wrote:Dogs again showed the amazing chasm between their best and worst. The teams we had on the Park in the 00's also had bad quarters but would suffocate the life out of a team that was threatening to get on top. This team does not have what it takes to close down an opponent who has momentum.
Sturt cover most bases and to me look like a worthy GF side. But I maintain the Norwood outfit who belted us at the Parade is in prime position to take the choccies in 2018.

There's a lot of talent in the top 5 ATM. Norwood are clearly head and shoulders above the rest and are rightful favourites for the flag. The Eagles should be their Grand Final opponents, they have done plenty this year to indicate their worthiness. South worry me to an extent, they have been knocking sides above them on the ladder over and should be higher on the ladder except they drop silly games to teams they should not lose to, but on track record, they can beat any other side in the 5, likewise North.
Sturt have been unconvincing from what I have seen. We are lacking depth and have dropped games to all other sides in the 5, on our home deck at that! All we did against Central on Sunday was take advantage of the one obligatory bad quarter that the Dogs seem to include in each game. Aside from that the scores were dead even for the match. I guess we have as much chance as anyone to make the Grand Final, but we will need to improve out of sight from here if we wish to do so.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby pmackk » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:56 pm

therisingblues wrote:
northerner wrote:Dogs again showed the amazing chasm between their best and worst. The teams we had on the Park in the 00's also had bad quarters but would suffocate the life out of a team that was threatening to get on top. This team does not have what it takes to close down an opponent who has momentum.

There's a lot of talent in the top 5 ATM. Norwood are clearly head and shoulders above the rest and are rightful favourites for the flag. The Eagles should be their Grand Final opponents, they have done plenty this year to indicate their worthiness. South worry me to an extent, they have been knocking sides above them on the ladder over and should be higher on the ladder except they drop silly games to teams they should not lose to, but on track record, they can beat any other side in the 5, likewise North.
Sturt have been unconvincing from what I have seen. We are lacking depth and have dropped games to all other sides in the 5, on our home deck at that! All we did against Central on Sunday was take advantage of the one obligatory bad quarter that the Dogs seem to include in each game. Aside from that the scores were dead even for the match. I guess we have as much chance as anyone to make the Grand Final, but we will need to improve out of sight from here if we wish to do so.

Our best is still good enough I think.
pmackk
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL