Centrals v Eagles Sat 1410

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Centrals v Eagles Sat 1410

Postby DOC » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:46 pm

CENTRAL
League

Central District could have an unchanged line-up for its final match of the 2018 season.

Only defender Josh Richardson has been added to the 21 who won against Port Adelaide at Alberton in Round 18.

Bulldogs coach Roy Laird must trim his squad by one before the bounce.

Defender Fraser Fort will play his 50th Macca’s League match.

F: Hately, Butcher, Goodrem

HF: Gillard, Dew, Jenner

C: Furnell, Presbury, Nietschke

HB: Barmby, F. Fort, J. Schiller

B: Habel, Madden, McLennan

R: D. Fort, Hoskin, T. Schiller

INT: Hanna, O’Gorman, Richardson, White

IN: Richardson

Reserves
Antonie, Bain, Barreau, Billing, Burton, Claughton, East, Falkenberg, Hannath, Llewellyn, Mahoney, Maitland, Mclean, Montgomerie, Jarrod O’Brien, Jordan O’Brien, Rigney, Stephenson, Templeton, Watt, Watts.

EAGLES
League

The Eagles have been strengthened by the return of three key talls against Central on Saturday.

Co-captain Luke Thompson, star teenager Jack Lukosius and ruckman Marc Borholm have all been included in the 21-player list.

Borholm replaces fellow bigman Seb Guilhaus, who is out with a back injury while defender Joe Heinjus and midfielder James Rowe have been squeezed out of the side.

F: Johansen, N. Hayes, Borholm

HF: Boyd, J. Hayes, Petrenko

C: Hall, Sinor, Lewis

HB: Goldsworthy, Thompson, Rowland

B: Giuffreda, Von Bertouch, Stewart

R: Redden, Sharrad, Gray

INT: Haylock, Poole, Lukosius

IN: Thompson, Lukosius, Borholm

OUT: Guilhaus (back), Heinjus, Rowe

Reserves
Cook, Hawkins, Sibley, Minney, Weidemann, Schmusch, X.Redden, Martin, C.Gaffney, E.Miller, Moore, Rowe, Wood, J.Gaffney, West, McLeod, Westbrook, Heinjus, Firns, Wehr, Lee, McKay.

Under-18
F: Coff, Francis, McNeil
HF: Pratico, Armfield, Mead
C: Williams, Miller, Beecken
HB: Hawkins, R. Bruce, Brill
B: Hillard, Carter, McNeilly

R: Michael, Pudney, Tiller
INT: Bennison, Friend, Furler, Jungfer, Morris, Tape, Thompson
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Re: Centrals v Eagles Sat 1410

Postby DOC » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:00 pm

Eagles by 4 goals
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Grenville » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:22 pm

4 or 5 of those blokes in the magoos that could make a serious impact for us at league level next year. Connor McLean should be playing league football, he is the future of our club. Should never have been dropped. I sincerely hope Matt Claughton finally gets a lucky break and a decent uninterrupted run, he is a genuine talent and could be more than handy at league level. There's also a couple that have had numerous chances that won't. We need to recruit wisely.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby StrayDog » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:41 am

Pleasingly, I think the 'Dogs were pretty consistent over four quarters against the Power reserves last week and I have faith that they will show that consistency this week against a quality opponent.

My heart sinks to openly tip against the 'Dogs against anyone, and I hope like crazy that they can prove me wrong this week. However, Eagles by a few goals.

Needless to say the Stray Pack will be there cheering for our lads to their final siren for 2018.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Grenville » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:56 am

StrayDog wrote:Pleasingly, I think the 'Dogs were pretty consistent over four quarters against the Power reserves last week and I have faith that they will show that consistency this week against a quality opponent.

My heart sinks to openly tip against the 'Dogs against anyone, and I hope like crazy that they can prove me wrong this week. However, Eagles by a few goals.

Needless to say the Stray Pack will be there cheering for our lads to their final siren for 2018.

I'll be there too Straydog, having a couple of cans at the northern end, after a decent whack of Guinness pints in the club before.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby StrayDog » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:01 pm

Grenville wrote:I'll be there too Straydog, having a couple of cans at the northern end, after a decent whack of Guinness pints in the club before.

I usually do a lap of the ground at some stage, if I spot you I'll stop to say g'day on the way around.

Almost forgot, good luck to Fraser Fort for his 50th in the SANFL. Onya big fella.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Grenville » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:19 pm

StrayDog wrote:
Grenville wrote:I'll be there too Straydog, having a couple of cans at the northern end, after a decent whack of Guinness pints in the club before.

I usually do a lap of the ground at some stage, if I spot you I'll stop to say g'day on the way around.

Almost forgot, good luck to Fraser Fort for his 50th in the SANFL. Onya big fella.

In the same spot as last time we met, come and say g'day mate. I'm infused with Guinness and Furphys so not feeling the pain as much.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby Grenville » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:20 pm

Too few working hard enough, Eagles have more blokes gut running with and without the ball.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby UK Fan » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:40 pm

Centrals 9.9(63)
Eagles 13.11(89)

Final scores
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Grenville » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:04 pm

Nothing epitomises our season more than the passage of play in the last quarter when Butch got caught holding the ball 40m out from the Eagles goal.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby wedgetail » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:37 pm

On a good day for footy weather wise, both sides showed a poor skill level and decision making, numerous passes going straight to the opposition.
Eagles had a good second quarter which virtually won them the game. Central all over us in third quarter and lapses like that in the finals will prove fatal.
Petrenko had his best game back from TV/injury and will prove handy in the finals. Boyd in fine form and consistently in our best for the past 6 weeks. Thommo also very soild down back. Will need to see significant improvement to beat sturt next week.
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby GMcG » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:18 am

[quote="wedgetail"]On a good day for footy weather wise, both sides showed a poor skill level and decision making, numerous passes going straight to the opposition.
"Eagles had a good second quarter which virtually won them the game."

This is a huge issue at Elizabeth, this has happened in nearly every match this season & the main reason why we have lost most games, one quarter of bad footy.
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby northerner » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:18 am

Eagles (like Norwood and Sturt) have more players who can impact on a game than we do.

Personally, they again seem to be behind the afore-mentioned teams. It seems to me the Eagles can dominate in a quarter and subsequently win that quarter by 4 goals. Both Sturt, and especially Norwood, can dominate a team for a quarter and win it by 10 goals.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 431 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby wedgetail » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:00 pm

northerner wrote:Eagles (like Norwood and Sturt) have more players who can impact on a game than we do.

Personally, they again seem to be behind the afore-mentioned teams. It seems to me the Eagles can dominate in a quarter and subsequently win that quarter by 4 goals. Both Sturt, and especially Norwood, can dominate a team for a quarter and win it by 10 goals.

Fair comment. We are just of the pace of the other two.
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Board index   Football  SANFL