Macca’s League Preliminary Final

Sunday September 16 – 2.15pm
Eagles v North Adelaide – Adelaide Oval

Live telecast on Channel 7 Adelaide and 7Plus
Live video stream at sanfldigitalpass.com.au
Live radio on 1079 Life FM and via the SANFL App
Live radio on 891 ABC Grandstand
EAGLES

Woodville-West Torrens coach Michael Godden has a tough call to make for Sunday’s Preliminary Final against North.

With small forward Tom Gray sidelined due to a knee reconstruction, Godden has named three potential replacements on the five-man extended interchange bench.

The obvious candidates are Jake Johansen – who has missed the past two finals with a calf issue – and first-year tyro James Rowe, as both players can perform the same role as Gray inside attacking 50m.

But the real wildcard is potential BankSA Rookie Nick Moore, who could join Jack Lukosius in making his Macca’s League debut in a Preliminary Final. Lukosius debuted in the 2017 Preliminary Final.

Moore, 19, is from SMOSH West Lakes FC and has booted 31 goals from his 17 Reserves appearances this season.

Gray, who was injured during the first term of the Second Semi-Final, is expected to miss the next 12 months as he recovers from surgery to his ACL.

F: Haylock, N. Hayes, Lukosius

HF: Boyd, J. Hayes, Petrenko

C: Hall, Sinor, Lewis

HB: Goldsworthy, Thompson, Rowland

B: Giuffreda, Von Bertouch, Stewart

R: Redden, Sharrad, Poole

INT: Rowe, Johansen, Moore, Firns, Guilhaus

IN: Johansen, Moore, Rowe

OUT: Gray (knee)

NORTH

North Adelaide is poised to roll out an unchanged 21 for its clash with the Eagles in Sunday’s Preliminary Final.

Having got through the First Semi-Final win against Sturt without any fresh injury concerns, the Roosters have added just one player to its 22-man squad.

Strongly-built midfielder Dakota Nixon has been added to the four-man extended interchange bench which must be trimmed by one before the bounce.

Nixon, who didn’t play in the Reserves Second Semi-Final after being held back as an emergency for the League team, collected 23 disposals and kicked two goals in the Reserves’ Qualifying Final nearly a fortnight ago.

Veteran wingman Leigh Ryswyk (ribs) is a slight chance to be passed fit for the Macca’s League Grand Final should the Roosters qualify.

F: Harvey, A. Barns, Young

HF: Hender, Ramsey, Rozee

C: Olekalns, Tropiano, Allmond

HB: Castree, Smith, Spina

B: Wilkie, C. Craig, Clisby

R: Sweet, Schwarz, Thring

INT: McInerney, Nixon, Wohling, Woodcock

IN: Nixon
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

Postby another grub » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:02 pm

The premiership favs coming good now. ALL ABOARD
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 432 times
Been liked: 402 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:20 pm

Even if I wasn't a North supporter I'd be praying for a Roosters win. Eagles play boring football and their supporters bring nothing to a GF atmosphere wise.

Eagles $1.64 favs
North $2.25

North haven't been favs in any game come the start of the finals games so far.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby am Bays » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:24 pm

Dear Diary

I feel dirty and confused.

A great bloke is playing for North, Lewie Hender. Ripping lad. As a Bays fans I am finding myself supporting North in a finals series and hoping they win.

This isn't normal and this goes against all I hold near and dear to me.

Why are North recruiting good blokes like Lewie instead of d!ckheads like Antrobus, Hart and Jarman??

Please help

Cheers

Conflicted
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby robranisgod » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:15 pm

am Bays wrote:Dear Diary

A great bloke is playing for North, Lewie Hender. Ripping lad. As a Bays fans I am finding myself supporting North in a finals series and hoping they win.

Why are North recruiting good blokes like Lewie instead of d!ckheads like Antrobus, Hart and Jarman??

Please help

Cheers

Conflicted

North always had their share of good blokes like Robran, Redden and D Jarman.

Hender is just following in that tradition.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Wolf Pack » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:39 pm

Wedgie wrote:Even if I wasn't a North supporter I'd be praying for a Roosters win. Eagles play boring football and their supporters bring nothing to a GF atmosphere wise.

Eagles $1.64 favs
North $2.25

North haven't been favs in any game come the start of the finals games so far.

Absolutely correct!!!!
Anyone who suffers from insomnia..... Watch an Eagles game and you will be fast asleep in minutes....
Terrible to watch and I hope the Roosters give them a touch up!!!
Wolf Pack
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby ChickCock » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:49 pm

Cum on U Cocks [-o<
ChickCock
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Aerie » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:31 pm

For those that follow closer than me, what is different about North Adelaide for tomorrow's game to the training run the Eagles had at Prospect Oval about a month back?
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:46 pm

Aerie wrote:For those that follow closer than me, what is different about North Adelaide for tomorrow's game to the training run the Eagles had at Prospect Oval about a month back?

They have a more similar team to the North that had a training run at Woodville earlier in the year.
Fine weather suits the cocks though so they'd be hoping for the sun to come out.
Shit weather would suit the Eagles shit game plan so they'll be doing a rain dance or two.
Adelaide Oval suits North too. Sturt made us look ordinary at Prospect but we all know what happened last Sunday.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Reddeer » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:23 pm

Aerie wrote:For those that follow closer than me, what is different about North Adelaide for tomorrow's game to the training run the Eagles had at Prospect Oval about a month back?

Eagles had a purple patch day at prospect. Would need to reproduce that and on the bigger Adelaide Oval which isn't their friend it might be difficult Consequently I'm a bit worried but then again I don't want to see them lose another Grand Final. Norwood have had the wood over us even when they don't play well
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Magellan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:25 pm

A better balanced side. The inclusion of talls in Keenan Ramsay up forward and Jordan Sweet in the ruck (leaving Barnes to start up forward, and presumably take the opposition's key defender), and young gun Connor Rozee. Plus, as Wedgie said, we're playing with confidence on a ground that we seem to play quite well.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby wedgetail » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:08 pm

Johansen in for Gray. A positive in which will add some badly needed pace and skill. Eags to win a close one with their boring and shit game plan.
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby StrayDog » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:34 pm

Not sure if site admin wanted a separate Live Scores thread for this week so I'll put this here in the meantime.

In the Reserves, Norwood to join their seniors on Grand Final day after a 7 point win over Centrals today in the Preliminary Final at Richmond.

Norwood..............4.4-28....7.7-49...10.10-70....11.12-78
Central District......1.3-9....4.6-30......7.7-49......10.11-71

Well done both sides. Bad luck 'Dogs, onto better things in '19. Congratulations Norwood, onto to play North.

http://websites.sportstg.com/round_info ... &pool=1001
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Pseudo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:18 pm

So if the Roosters win tomorrow we'll have a North - Norwood double header next week.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Eagles2014 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:26 pm

Wedgie wrote:

They have a more similar team to the North that had a training run at Woodville earlier in the year.
Fine weather suits the cocks though so they'd be hoping for the sun to come out.
Shit weather would suit the Eagles shit game plan so they'll be doing a rain dance or two.
Adelaide Oval suits North too. Sturt made us look ordinary at Prospect but we all know what happened last Sunday.

Also heard Josh Carr had followed the successful training used by John Cahill, and then Roy Laird, where they absolutely hammer the team on the track for four weeks, then freshen them up leading into finals.

This would make sense and coincide with their return to early season form lately. Master stroke if works, think they may get up in a close one tomorrow and set up an exciting GF.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby StrayDog » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:53 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Also heard Josh Carr had followed the successful training used by John Cahill, and then Roy Laird, where they absolutely hammer the team on the track for four weeks, then freshen them up leading into finals.

This would make sense and coincide with their return to early season form lately. Master stroke if works, think they may get up in a close one tomorrow and set up an exciting GF.

An interesting and non-partisan observation in light of the importance of the game to your club, kudos to you.

Yep, Centrals' training strategy, in getting the double chance, certainly worked in terms of the minor finals for Roy's first nine years (won every one of them.) That said, in 2006 the 'Dogs just held onto double chance, worked their way into the decider only to get steamrolled in the second half by the minor premier.

Point being, if Carr's boys can maintain competitive form over four weeks it will be an achievement in itself. Winning it from fifth against the only club to achieve to do so would be special.

One week at a time I guess.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby am Bays » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:16 am

Eagles2014 wrote:

Not sure who you can attribute that too, that's been around since cocky was an egg.

Bays under Jaquesy (fitness coach) and Cornesy were doing that in the 80s (I'm not trying to say they invented it).

Periodisation and in-season intense training phases are not new conditioning phenomena.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby DOC » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:58 am

just setting off for the u18s Final between us and the Eagles. Hopeful rather than confident.

Juniors were a basket case until the club addressed it and deserved praise does belong to many people in turning it around.

It has been a long time so heres hoping.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:33 am

another grub wrote:The premiership favs coming good now. ALL ABOARD

*ahem*
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:34 am

am Bays wrote:Dear Diary

Please help

Cheers

Conflicted

If the Roosters make the Granny any Tiger support would be most welcome.

Regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL