Preliminary Final

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

Postby am Bays » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:34 pm

Brodlach wrote:Reports that the Eagles talked to a SANFL offical about North having too many players on and nothing was done

Unless it's the Eagles captain raising the issue with an SANFL official on the ground (an umpire) it means two fifths of F*** all.

Eagles official shouldn't have spoken to an SANFL official he should've spoken to Jacko (the eagles runner - if he still it) and told him to ask the their captain to ask for a count.

That's the laws of Australian Football.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:35 pm

In fairness, it must be hard for the Eagles players to get up with no support.
As most know Ive worked at Adelaide Oval and today was more one sided than any Crows or Power home game.
It was really pathetic, 2 clubs merged and they still can't even managed 5% of the crowd/noise.
I actually feel sorry for them. They probably would have won by 10 goals today if they had any support.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby the joker » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:36 pm

Jim05 wrote:
the joker wrote:North win. Game not overturned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SANFL has ruled on it already?
I thought they would atleast pretend they were looking into it
spoke to an eagles player. They’ve been told

I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby MAY-Z » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:37 pm

am Bays wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Reports that the Eagles talked to a SANFL offical about North having too many players on and nothing was done

Unless it's the Eagles captain raising the issue with an SANFL official on the ground (an umpire) it means two fifths of F*** all.

Eagles official shouldn't have spoken to an SANFL official he should've spoken to Jacko (the eagles runner - if he still it) and told him to ask the their captain to ask for a count.

not quite, what if by the time the count was ordered they had reverted back to 18? but evidence was produced that 19 were on prior to the count?
MAY-Z
2008 Punting Comp Winner

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:37 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:
Wolf Pack wrote:The Eagles need a new coach
No point making the finals year after year and doing nothing.
47 points up today!!!
Absolutely Piss Weak
They have played finals for the last 7 years and have done stuff all!!!

Wolf Pack – I cannot agree more.

I am simply fed up with this club. No doubt we will roll up in 12 months time in much the same fashion finishing top 3. We will be outworked and outplayed by a more determined team and we will hear the same tired excuses.

Well I am sick of this. Godden – you must go. You’ve done absolutely nothing to progress this club and the game plan you employ does NOT stack up during finals.

You keep persisting with a midfield of plodders who cannot match it with the rest of the competition. You keep selecting a bunch of players who cannot kick the footy long, low and fast but rather kick scrubby little chip passes. Our team is stacked with frail bodies – Hall, Johansen, Boyd, Haylock – to name just a few who cannot be relied upon to go in hard during finals footy.

The entire team is inflicted with self-doubt that has been left untreated for so long it is now not curable. I wrote last year and I repeat. Every single club that comes up against us in the finals – no matter how far behind they may be – knows that there is a good chance we will choke. And that is a dangerous spot for us to be in.

We know Godden won’t make any wholesale changes. He never does. And we will hear the same BS messages about how he is so frustrated etc. So I’m sorry, you must go.

As far as next week, it is difficult to know how North will go. Did they show how dominant they can be? Or did they come up against a mental head-case that allowed them to get over the line? Clearly, if there was any other team in the competition playing today North would not have been allowed to get back into the game. Certainly Norwood won’t fold like this p!ssweak club.

I’m predicting Norwood will do it fairly easily by around 5 goals or so. From afar, one thing that would be great to see is if Ryswyck can make it make into the team. It would be a great reward for a stellar career. With North a bit banged up from today there might be a few spots for grabs so who knows?

Well said.
Can't argue with any of that.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby am Bays » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:42 pm

MAY-Z wrote:
am Bays wrote:

not quite, what if by the time the count was ordered they had reverted back to 18? but evidence was produced that 19 were on prior to the count?

From the 2018 Laws of Austrlain Football, noting that there maybe local SANFL by-law variations/

5.5 COUNTING OF PLAYERS
5.5.1 Request by Captain
The captain or acting captain of a Team may at any time during a Match request that the field Umpire count the number of Players
of the opposing Team who are on the Playing Surface.

5.5.2 Procedure
(a) Where a request is made under Law 5.5.1, the field Umpire shall:
(i) stop play at the first available opportunity;
(ii) call into line within the Centre Square the Players of both Teams who are at the time on the Playing Surface and count the number of Players;
(iii) upon completing the count, ensure that each Team has the permitted number of Players on the Playing Surface and then recommence play at the position on the Playing Surface where the field Umpire stopped play; and
(iv) as soon as practicable after the Match, report to the Controlling Body that a request has been made to count the number of Players in a Team and the number of Players actually counted.
(b) The maximum number of Players permitted on the Playing Surface at the same time is 18 per Team or, in circumstances where
a Player(s) has been ordered from the Playing Surface under Law 20, 18 less the Player(s) ordered from the Playing Surface.

5.5.3 Players Exceeding Permitted Number
Where a Team has more than the permitted number of Players on the Playing Surface, the following shall apply:
(a) a field Umpire shall award a Free Kick to the captain or acting captain of the opposing Team, which shall be taken at the Centre Circle or where play was stopped, whichever is the greater penalty against the offending Team;
(b) a Fifty-Metre Penalty shall then be imposed from the position where the Free Kick was awarded; and (c) the Team shall lose all points which it has scored in the Match up to the time of the count.

5.5.4 Correct Number and Request Without Merit
Where a count reveals that the opposing Team has the permitted number of Players on the Playing Surface, the following shall apply:
(a) a field Umpire shall award a Free Kick to the captain or acting captain of the opposing Team, which shall be taken at the Centre Circle or where play was stopped, whichever is the greater penalty against the offending Team;
(b) a Fifty-Metre Penalty shall then be imposed from the position where the Free Kick was awarded; and (c) if a field Umpire is of the opinion that a request was made under Law 5.5.1 primarily to delay play or such request did not have sufficient merit, the field Umpire shall report the Player who requested the count for Time Wasting under Law 19.2.2.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:44 pm

Surely there are rules in place that cover a team having too many players on the field. I assume wiping the score doesn't apply anymore and the penalty is free kick to the captain plus 50m penalty. Don't know how you can apply any penalty on a retrospective basis.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby another grub » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:44 pm

Hopefully common sense prevails
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 432 times
Been liked: 403 times

Postby mal » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:48 pm

Interesting
In 1975 [A Norwood Premiership season] There was a game played between West Torrens and West Adelaide
WT had 19 men on the ground when the injured John Cassin was still on the ground
WT reserve Freddie Bills came onto the ground which meant Bills/Cassin were both on the ground
A count of WT players was unsuccessful as WT players either jumped the fence or came off the field

The result pended a subsequent enquiry by the SANFL
The protest was dismissed

In that game there was no score during the 19 players on the ground
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1138 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:51 pm

SANFL seem happy with a fine but talk the Eagles want to seek legal advice. Surely the decision can’t be dragged out
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby the joker » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:52 pm

Image Nick Hayes sounds happy

the joker
Assistant Coach

Postby am Bays » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:54 pm

North are cheats, the eagles are useless

We're the next highest ranked team to finish with a win, Bays play Norwood in the GF

There Olson and Parko, job done....,
am Bays
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:55 pm

As AM Bays said if the Eagles knew they should have appealed the correct way.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby the joker » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:55 pm

Eagles knew about it when it was happening but they didn’t call for a count. Weird.

the joker
Assistant Coach

Postby ferret » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:56 pm

[quote="another grub"]Hopefully common sense prevails[/quote[img][img]][/img][/img]

What is common sense in this case!!!!!!!!!!!
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby am Bays » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:57 pm

the joker wrote:Eagles knew about it when it was happening but they didn’t call for a count, properly as per the laws of Australian Football. Weird.

EFA ;)
am Bays
Coach

Postby the joker » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:58 pm

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

the joker
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:58 pm

Realistically, why would the umps refuse to call a count? If the Eagles thought it true, someone would've surely been insistant to the point of a runner calling on the eagles captain to approach the central field umps.

Makes no sense.

Unless they looked at the rooster bench and saw 3 blokes sitting there and said there was no reason to count.

IIRC, Parko is an Eagles fan? He'd be in a bit of an odd spot at the minutee :lol:

Seriously though - as I said elsewhere, there is no way on earth that the league is going to sacrifice 15-20k bums on seats and make SA sit through an eagles GF.

It's not an economically sound decision to dock points.

Dish out a fine and move on.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby ferret » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:58 pm

Jim05 wrote:SANFL seem happy with a fine but talk the Eagles want to seek legal advice. Surely the decision can’t be dragged out

Why can't it be dragged out.....if it happened to norwood they would surely drag it out.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:58 pm

the joker wrote:Image Nick Hayes sounds happy

Don’t blame the umpires or the league.
Blame yourself for choking
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL