Eagles seeking compensation

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:48 am

That's because there is no correlation - Norwood's revenue was unaffected by the situation. They still played in the GF, just as they would have if the Eagles had won the PF. Not sure what point JK is trying to make.
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:02 am
Location: West Beach
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 89 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby JK » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:16 am

bulldogproud wrote:That's because there is no correlation - Norwood's revenue was unaffected by the situation. They still played in the GF, just as they would have if the Eagles had won the PF. Not sure what point JK is trying to make.
Cheers


Lol the point I’m trying to make, is that had the Eagles been ruled the winner, they’d either lose to Norwood in the GF and likely lose money over it, or win the flag and perhaps win money. Exact same scenario for Norwood if they beat or lost to the Eagles. Neither happened, but if the Eagles are seeking damages for lost revenue had they won the GF, theoretically Norwood could too because they might not have necessarily lost to that opponent.
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 33663
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 2490 times
Been liked: 1897 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby o five » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:48 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:May I ask an innocent question?

Did WWT comply with this?

5.5 COUNTING OF PLAYERS 5.5.1 5.5.2 Request by Captain
The captain or acting captain of a Team may at any time during a Match request that the field Umpire count the number of Players of the opposing Team who are on the Playing Surface.


Most on here seem to be missing this. Great post.
No compensation in my eyes.
o five
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:25 am
Has liked: 158 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby goddy11 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:50 am

JK wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:That's because there is no correlation - Norwood's revenue was unaffected by the situation. They still played in the GF, just as they would have if the Eagles had won the PF. Not sure what point JK is trying to make.
Cheers


Lol the point I’m trying to make, is that had the Eagles been ruled the winner, they’d either lose to Norwood in the GF and likely lose money over it, or win the flag and perhaps win money. Exact same scenario for Norwood if they beat or lost to the Eagles. Neither happened, but if the Eagles are seeking damages for lost revenue had they won the GF, theoretically Norwood could too because they might not have necessarily lost to that opponent.

Its good you thought about your response because I shudder to think what it would have been if it was spontaneous. Seriously makes no sense :D
goddy11
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:35 pm
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 66 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby JK » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:59 am

goddy11 wrote:
JK wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:That's because there is no correlation - Norwood's revenue was unaffected by the situation. They still played in the GF, just as they would have if the Eagles had won the PF. Not sure what point JK is trying to make.
Cheers


Lol the point I’m trying to make, is that had the Eagles been ruled the winner, they’d either lose to Norwood in the GF and likely lose money over it, or win the flag and perhaps win money. Exact same scenario for Norwood if they beat or lost to the Eagles. Neither happened, but if the Eagles are seeking damages for lost revenue had they won the GF, theoretically Norwood could too because they might not have necessarily lost to that opponent.

Its good you thought about your response because I shudder to think what it would have been if it was spontaneous. Seriously makes no sense :D


About as much sense as chasing compo after blowing an 8 goal lead :lol:
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 33663
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 2490 times
Been liked: 1897 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby UK Fan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:09 am

JK wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:That's because there is no correlation - Norwood's revenue was unaffected by the situation. They still played in the GF, just as they would have if the Eagles had won the PF. Not sure what point JK is trying to make.
Cheers


Lol the point I’m trying to make, is that had the Eagles been ruled the winner, they’d either lose to Norwood in the GF and likely lose money over it, or win the flag and perhaps win money. Exact same scenario for Norwood if they beat or lost to the Eagles. Neither happened, but if the Eagles are seeking damages for lost revenue had they won the GF, theoretically Norwood could too because they might not have necessarily lost to that opponent.


Norwood getting a different result in the GF is a hypothetical scenario

Eagles missing out on an opportunity to play in the GF isn’t. This is why I don’t see a correlation JK.


If north were ruled to miss the GF I guarantee Greg Griffin would of demanded compensation. And fair enough.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!



MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.



THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4189
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am
Has liked: 709 times
Been liked: 239 times

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:10 am

JK wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:That's because there is no correlation - Norwood's revenue was unaffected by the situation. They still played in the GF, just as they would have if the Eagles had won the PF. Not sure what point JK is trying to make.
Cheers


Lol the point I’m trying to make, is that had the Eagles been ruled the winner, they’d either lose to Norwood in the GF and likely lose money over it, or win the flag and perhaps win money. Exact same scenario for Norwood if they beat or lost to the Eagles. Neither happened, but if the Eagles are seeking damages for lost revenue had they won the GF, theoretically Norwood could too because they might not have necessarily lost to that opponent.


Central may not have lost 10 matches during the year either if we didn't play badly (very very badly!!) in those matches. Does that mean we should also be able to apply for compensation??? After all, if we hadn't lost those matches, we theoretically may have played in the GF. Should the other 7 clubs be able to too??
Norwood at least had the opportunity to win the GF as they participated in it. Therefore, they lost no revenue as a result of the PF situation. If they lost revenue, it is because they didn't play well enough to win the GF. At least they had the chance to, it was all in their hands.
Yes, my arguments are nonsensical but just trying to let you see how nonsensical yours is, JK, my friend.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:02 am
Location: West Beach
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 89 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby UK Fan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:13 am

o five wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:May I ask an innocent question?

Did WWT comply with this?

5.5 COUNTING OF PLAYERS 5.5.1 5.5.2 Request by Captain
The captain or acting captain of a Team may at any time during a Match request that the field Umpire count the number of Players of the opposing Team who are on the Playing Surface.


Most on here seem to be missing this. Great post.
No compensation in my eyes.


Not missing it’s irrelevant.

They didn’t due to a north adelaide officials “gross negligence” as per the sanfl ruling.

If it was as simple as Eagles didn’t ask for a headcount end of story.

North wouldn’t of been fined and deducted points for this year.


Btw for the record I think the SANFL made the correct call but Eagles should receive compensation.

Yet again we aren’t talking about millions of dollars. But $50k - $100k I don’t see as unreasonable.
Last edited by UK Fan on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!



MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.



THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4189
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am
Has liked: 709 times
Been liked: 239 times

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:15 am

UK Fan wrote:
JK wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:That's because there is no correlation - Norwood's revenue was unaffected by the situation. They still played in the GF, just as they would have if the Eagles had won the PF. Not sure what point JK is trying to make.
Cheers


Lol the point I’m trying to make, is that had the Eagles been ruled the winner, they’d either lose to Norwood in the GF and likely lose money over it, or win the flag and perhaps win money. Exact same scenario for Norwood if they beat or lost to the Eagles. Neither happened, but if the Eagles are seeking damages for lost revenue had they won the GF, theoretically Norwood could too because they might not have necessarily lost to that opponent.


Norwood getting a different result in the GF is a hypothetical scenario

Eagles missing out on an opportunity to play in the GF isn’t. This is why I don’t see a correlation JK.


If north were ruled to miss the GF I guarantee Greg Griffin would of demanded compensation. And fair enough.


LOL, why would Adelaide United demand compensation? :lol:
Would they have got more people to games if the SANFL got less?
Drawing a long bow there! :lol:
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 43820
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 993 times
Been liked: 2412 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby knowledge » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:32 am

rd wrote:The Prelim Final last year will be talked about for many years to come - maybe it will take over from the 1982 Granger Prelim Final as the most discussed PF in history. WWT lead by 52 points during the 3rd quarter and yet lose to North Adelaide who by the way had a 19th man on the ground for a few minutes in the last quarter. WWT lost the game and the opportunity to play in a Grand Final which killed off the usual financial benefits associated with being a GF team. North won the game but lost $10,000 to the SANFL. So only the SANFL gained out of this saga - to the tune of $10,000. To me the SANFL should pass that $10k onto the WWTFC and quietly take steps to ensure this 19th man event never occurs again...


Good luck getting that to happen. They would've already increased Parkinson's salary by that + some. Lots of collective 'snouts in the trough' at War Memorial Drive.....
Last edited by knowledge on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
knowledge
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:41 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby UK Fan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:33 am

Wedgie wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
JK wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:That's because there is no correlation - Norwood's revenue was unaffected by the situation. They still played in the GF, just as they would have if the Eagles had won the PF. Not sure what point JK is trying to make.
Cheers


Lol the point I’m trying to make, is that had the Eagles been ruled the winner, they’d either lose to Norwood in the GF and likely lose money over it, or win the flag and perhaps win money. Exact same scenario for Norwood if they beat or lost to the Eagles. Neither happened, but if the Eagles are seeking damages for lost revenue had they won the GF, theoretically Norwood could too because they might not have necessarily lost to that opponent.


Norwood getting a different result in the GF is a hypothetical scenario

Eagles missing out on an opportunity to play in the GF isn’t. This is why I don’t see a correlation JK.


If north were ruled to miss the GF I guarantee Greg Griffin would of demanded compensation. And fair enough.


LOL, why would Adelaide United demand compensation? :lol:
Would they have got more people to games if the SANFL got less?
Drawing a long bow there! :lol:


Fair point. That would be Greg Edwards sorry Wedgie.

I got my Greg’s mixed up.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!



MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.



THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4189
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am
Has liked: 709 times
Been liked: 239 times

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby JK » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:55 am

bulldogproud wrote:Norwood at least had the opportunity to win the GF as they participated in it. Therefore, they lost no revenue as a result of the PF situation.


This is the subjective part Im trying to point out. If the Eagles playing in the GF could have delivered increased revenue based on them beating Norwood, then surely the opposite is also true that Norwood's revenue could have been increased had they beaten the Eagles?

Every aspect of this discussion and the compensation being sought is based around "If my aunty had balls" scenario's.
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 33663
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 2490 times
Been liked: 1897 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:59 am

JK wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:Norwood at least had the opportunity to win the GF as they participated in it. Therefore, they lost no revenue as a result of the PF situation.


This is the subjective part Im trying to point out. If the Eagles playing in the GF could have delivered increased revenue based on them beating Norwood, then surely the opposite is also true that Norwood's revenue could have been increased had they beaten the Eagles?

Every aspect of this discussion and the compensation being sought is based around "If my aunty had balls" scenario's.


JK's right, the Eagles could have given up an 8 goal lead and lost the GF too.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42326
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3850 times
Been liked: 6581 times

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby UK Fan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:22 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:Norwood at least had the opportunity to win the GF as they participated in it. Therefore, they lost no revenue as a result of the PF situation.


This is the subjective part Im trying to point out. If the Eagles playing in the GF could have delivered increased revenue based on them beating Norwood, then surely the opposite is also true that Norwood's revenue could have been increased had they beaten the Eagles?

Every aspect of this discussion and the compensation being sought is based around "If my aunty had balls" scenario's.


JK's right, the Eagles could have given up an 8 goal lead and lost the GF too.



As stated in my original post The result is irrelevant to the claim.

it’s the loss of opportunity to “compete” in a GF they are seeking compo for.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!



MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.



THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4189
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am
Has liked: 709 times
Been liked: 239 times

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby Pseudo » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:43 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:Norwood at least had the opportunity to win the GF as they participated in it. Therefore, they lost no revenue as a result of the PF situation.


This is the subjective part Im trying to point out. If the Eagles playing in the GF could have delivered increased revenue based on them beating Norwood, then surely the opposite is also true that Norwood's revenue could have been increased had they beaten the Eagles?

Every aspect of this discussion and the compensation being sought is based around "If my aunty had balls" scenario's.


JK's right, the Eagles could have given up an 8 goal lead and lost the GF too.

... without Norwood needing an extra man!
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
User avatar
Pseudo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9872
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am
Location: the kitchen drawer
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 913 times
Grassroots Team: Morningside

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:13 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:Norwood at least had the opportunity to win the GF as they participated in it. Therefore, they lost no revenue as a result of the PF situation.


This is the subjective part Im trying to point out. If the Eagles playing in the GF could have delivered increased revenue based on them beating Norwood, then surely the opposite is also true that Norwood's revenue could have been increased had they beaten the Eagles?

Every aspect of this discussion and the compensation being sought is based around "If my aunty had balls" scenario's.


JK's right, the Eagles could have given up an 8 goal lead and lost the GF too.


as ive said before, the extra man didn't cost them the win. It was the inability to finish a side off.. But good deflecting by the eagles
I can, I will, I must!!!
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
Posts: 14755
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2505 times
Been liked: 1905 times

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:59 pm

UK Fan wrote:
o five wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:May I ask an innocent question?

Did WWT comply with this?

5.5 COUNTING OF PLAYERS 5.5.1 5.5.2 Request by Captain
The captain or acting captain of a Team may at any time during a Match request that the field Umpire count the number of Players of the opposing Team who are on the Playing Surface.


Most on here seem to be missing this. Great post.
No compensation in my eyes.


Not missing it’s irrelevant.

They didn’t due to a north adelaide officials “gross negligence” as per the sanfl ruling.

If it was as simple as Eagles didn’t ask for a headcount end of story.

North wouldn’t of been fined and deducted points for this year.

Btw for the record I think the SANFL made the correct call but Eagles should receive compensation.

Yet again we aren’t talking about millions of dollars. But $50k - $100k I don’t see as unreasonable.


It’s irrelevant because you say it is?
I don't think its irrelevant.
They didn't comply with the Laws of Australian Football. That's relevant.

The next bit is only my opinion:
I would have squashed the entire problem on the following Monday but why do that when you can string it out for a week and get some interest in your GF so the majority of spectators actually pay for a ticket?
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10455
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 474 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:10 pm

Like you paid for a ticket. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42326
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3850 times
Been liked: 6581 times

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby UK Fan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:33 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
o five wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:May I ask an innocent question?

Did WWT comply with this?

5.5 COUNTING OF PLAYERS 5.5.1 5.5.2 Request by Captain
The captain or acting captain of a Team may at any time during a Match request that the field Umpire count the number of Players of the opposing Team who are on the Playing Surface.


Most on here seem to be missing this. Great post.
No compensation in my eyes.


Not missing it’s irrelevant.

They didn’t due to a north adelaide officials “gross negligence” as per the sanfl ruling.

If it was as simple as Eagles didn’t ask for a headcount end of story.

North wouldn’t of been fined and deducted points for this year.

Btw for the record I think the SANFL made the correct call but Eagles should receive compensation.

Yet again we aren’t talking about millions of dollars. But $50k - $100k I don’t see as unreasonable.


It’s irrelevant because you say it is?
I don't think its irrelevant.
They didn't comply with the Laws of Australian Football. That's relevant.

The next bit is only my opinion:
I would have squashed the entire problem on the following Monday but why do that when you can string it out for a week and get some interest in your GF so the majority of spectators actually pay for a ticket?



Irrelevant cos the sanfl already ruled that the headcount didn’t occur due to north’s negligence.

Not because eagles stuffed up.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!



MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.



THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4189
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am
Has liked: 709 times
Been liked: 239 times

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:45 pm

When did they rule that?
I'm not sure how North's negligence could have stopped any head count occurring.

Eagles captain to the umpire 1 minute into the last quarter: "I want a head count"
Umpire: "Sorry mate, North's negligence means that can't happen"
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 43820
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 993 times
Been liked: 2412 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests