Port V Norwood

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Port V Norwood

Postby nwdfanparade » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:31 pm

SCORE.jpg
SCORE.jpg (114.71 KiB) Viewed 3339 times

Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:Port won't be that strong in say a weeks time. Wines, Dixon and probably Drew or Atley won't be in that side. Ebert as well to add to that list. It was an oddly strong team that you won't see again.

They'll drop blokes like Motlop that are scared of there own shadows soon and they'll slip away.

And if they do make finals a good proportion of yesterday’s side more than likely will be ineligible

It depends on how many the SANFL commission allows come finals time. Not unusual for the rules/criteria to change season to season.
nwdfanparade
Under 18s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 145 times

Postby Gozu » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:22 pm

What;s the deal with Dixon is on the comeback from injury or had he been dropped due to poor form? He did hardly anything all day and his body language was terrible until kicking a couple of cheapies late in the final quarter when the game was well and truly over. Big guy stands out against SANFL players but wastes that size advantage with lack of effort.

Not much worse than seeing Norwood lose to Port but they're a team of full-time pro's and should flog SANFL sides routinely the fact they and the Crows usually don't always flog everyone is more an indictment on them. Good effort from Norwood yesterday but clearly ran out of puff at 3QT which is understandable.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby stan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:59 pm

Gozu wrote:What;s the deal with Dixon is on the comeback from injury or had he been dropped due to poor form? He did hardly anything all day and his body language was terrible until kicking a couple of cheapies late in the final quarter when the game was well and truly over. Big guy stands out against SANFL players but wastes that size advantage with lack of effort.

Not much worse than seeing Norwood lose to Port but they're a team of full-time pro's and should flog SANFL sides routinely the fact they and the Crows usually don't always flog everyone is more an indictment on them. Good effort from Norwood yesterday but clearly ran out of puff at 3QT which is understandable.
Dixon's 2nd game back I think from a long term injury. I think he work had its just a massive positive for our defenders that kept him to a couple of goals. Talia and McKenzie back there were really good yesterday.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Grenville » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:45 pm

You're never happy to lose but I reckon Norwood would be reasonably content after yesterday, especially considering the personnel they had missing and the opposition they were up against. Effort was there all day. Kids like Olsson, Richards, Gerlach and Carroll look like they've got a bit about them. One thing I noticed when the Legs played at our dunghill and again yesterday was Baulderstone started getting jumped over at stoppages in the last quarter which impacted heavily on clearances. Needs more of a hand in ruck so he can get a bit more rest and run out the game.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby goddy11 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:50 pm

nwdfanparade wrote:
SCORE.jpg

Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:Port won't be that strong in say a weeks time. Wines, Dixon and probably Drew or Atley won't be in that side. Ebert as well to add to that list. It was an oddly strong team that you won't see again.

They'll drop blokes like Motlop that are scared of there own shadows soon and they'll slip away.

And if they do make finals a good proportion of yesterday’s side more than likely will be ineligible

It depends on how many the SANFL commission allows come finals time. Not unusual for the rules/criteria to change season to season.

Wouldn't Norwood's player payments be similar to Ports. :( :D
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby goddy11 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:14 pm

this is a bit of a joke

Port Adelaide forward Charlie Dixon has been offered a $200 fine and reprimand with an early guilty plea for engaging in misconduct with Norwood’s Mac Bower at Alberton Oval on Sunday.
Charlie Dixon (Port) – Misconduct
Base Sanction: 1 Match
Early Guilty Plea: $200 fine and reprimand
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby therisingblues » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:21 pm

goddy11 wrote:this is a bit of a joke

Port Adelaide forward Charlie Dixon has been offered a $200 fine and reprimand with an early guilty plea for engaging in misconduct with Norwood’s Mac Bower at Alberton Oval on Sunday.

So, what "misconduct" was he engaging in?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Pseudo » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:18 am

therisingblues wrote:

Jumped the queue for a pie?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:27 am

Pseudo wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Jumped the queue for a pie?

Dixon mate, not Baulderstone.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby norwood8 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:08 pm

UK Fan wrote:
norwood8 wrote:No eftpos for entrance payment, followed by a rude ogre abusing everyone expecting to pay by card. Only one ATM working in the entire place.

A large number of supporters from both sides going to miss some footy due to dinosaur age setup.

Would be the same at most suburban grounds tbh

Prospect doesn’t have an ATM. You get Cash out at the bar.

I remember Prospect the other year was a pain in the ass, costs you to get it out and the club has to have bulk cash on hand too.. In this day and age to not have eftpos facilities available is not good enough. It’s not like the technology is heavy and unmovable. You can into local NPL soccer with eftpos and they get tiny crowds compared to the SANFL.
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:56 am

norwood8 wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
norwood8 wrote:No eftpos for entrance payment, followed by a rude ogre abusing everyone expecting to pay by card. Only one ATM working in the entire place.

A large number of supporters from both sides going to miss some footy due to dinosaur age setup.

Would be the same at most suburban grounds tbh

Prospect doesn’t have an ATM. You get Cash out at the bar.

I remember Prospect the other year was a pain in the ass, costs you to get it out and the club has to have bulk cash on hand too.. In this day and age to not have eftpos facilities available is not good enough. It’s not like the technology is heavy and unmovable. You can into local NPL soccer with eftpos and they get tiny crowds compared to the SANFL.

The bars and canteens in the outdoor areas at SANFL grounds get used half a dozen or so times a year, not surprising that they'd not have EFTPOS on hand. I never head to an event ( footy or otherwise ) without cash. Mad too.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:28 pm

The presence or absence of EFTPOS at the canteens is moot when the pies run out...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby therisingblues » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:10 pm

I think you'll find it's just another indication of what priority the Power places on the Magpies.
Cash coming out their butts faster than last night's Vindaloo Curry, yet they just couldn't be shafted providing adequate facilities for the SANFL arm of its set up.
Unley has EFTPOS at the gate, so does Glenelg and Norwood. I've bought coffee from little old ladies at pop up markets who could provide EFTPOS.
Surely couldn't be that difficult.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:30 pm

therisingblues wrote:I think you'll find it's just another indication of what priority the Power places on the Magpies.
Cash coming out their butts faster than last night's Vindaloo Curry, yet they just couldn't be shafted providing adequate facilities for the SANFL arm of its set up.
Unley has EFTPOS at the gate, so does Glenelg and Norwood. I've bought coffee from little old ladies at pop up markets who could provide EFTPOS.

Surely there is a spare wireless/cordless eftpos terminal in the bar or merchandise area they can use wherever required.
The rental on them is minimal so there is no real excuse to not have them available.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby stan » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:36 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
therisingblues wrote:I think you'll find it's just another indication of what priority the Power places on the Magpies.

Surely there is a spare wireless/cordless eftpos terminal in the bar or merchandise area they can use wherever required.
The rental on them is minimal so there is no real excuse to not have them available.
Bhahahahha Alberton is like stepping into the back water of the city. It's amazing they have electricity there to start with.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:20 am

Jesus H, you even come into a Port/Norwood thread to bleat on about this. Sad man.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:54 am

Well this is the place to talk SANFL and it's issues.
Obviously your happy with the set up at Alberton regarding the Magpies, obviously I'm not. These are not issues beyond repair, especially with the resources at your club's disposal. The Power's dragging it's feet, and your answer is to stop talking about it.
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:01 pm

therisingblues wrote:Well this is the place to talk SANFL and it's issues.
Obviously your happy with the set up at Alberton regarding the Magpies, obviously I'm not. These are not issues beyond repair, especially with the resources at your club's disposal. The Power's dragging it's feet, and your answer is to stop talking about it.

Get over to the Bays / Dogs thread mate, they ran out of stout over there!!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:10 pm

Booney wrote:

We have eftpos though.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:12 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Booney wrote:

We have eftpos though.

Hardly useful in that situation. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL