North V Sturt

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: North V Sturt

Postby Brett » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:36 pm

therisingblues wrote:Both Byron Sumner and Tom Harms out for a month.
Jaw and elbow.
I remember North pushed us hard at Unley this year, every goal was earned. If they put in an effort like that on their home deck they have every chance of keeping the chocolates on Sunday. Sturt will need to be on it's game, especially with those two significant outs.
Whatever the result, it should be a good game. Deserving of a large crowd, and every one of those patrons is fortunate in the knowledge it's being played at a ground that takes catering seriously.
Oh, how we become thankful for what used to be taken for granted!

Add Battersby to the list of injured players. Its a growing list at a crucial time for Sturt. 6 or 7 Premiership players out now.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby therisingblues » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:22 am

That's gotta hurt. Battersby is an integral part of our midfield. Without him, I find it hard to see us beating the Ravens this week.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:54 pm

Brett wrote:
therisingblues wrote:Both Byron Sumner and Tom Harms out for a month.
Jaw and elbow.
I remember North pushed us hard at Unley this year, every goal was earned. If they put in an effort like that on their home deck they have every chance of keeping the chocolates on Sunday. Sturt will need to be on it's game, especially with those two significant outs.
Whatever the result, it should be a good game. Deserving of a large crowd, and every one of those patrons is fortunate in the knowledge it's being played at a ground that takes catering seriously.
Oh, how we become thankful for what used to be taken for granted!

Add Battersby to the list of injured players. Its a growing list at a crucial time for Sturt. 6 or 7 Premiership players out now.

Plus Osborn, McMahon, Beard, Leinert, Wilson, Martin :(
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL