South V Glenelg

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: South V Glenelg

Postby am Bays » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:48 pm

It was like Stoney was crook and we had to get Lokan back for a day.

Gee that awful by us. Uncontested marks in our D 50 from set kicks? We weren't there today.
Last edited by am Bays on Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby Spargo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:49 pm

Horrible performance, went away from what works.
Forget the terrible umpiring (and it was terrible) South we’re harder & more committed.
A lot of our blokes down on form today.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Pseudo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:23 pm

South very good; put Glenelg under a lot of pressure, backed each other and ran well.

I didn't think Glenelg was that bad. Certainly had some good run at times. A few marks were dropped which should have been taken, and the players did look a little bit rattled under South's pressure on the man.

Umpires were beneath deplorable; particularly the - (ahem) - BALD HEADED FLOG. The umpires review panel will want to have a long hard look at those turkeys.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby therisingblues » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:45 pm

am Bays wrote:I see the Balfour van at Noarlunga has shut up shop, South ran out of pies too?

Good crowd?

Well done Panthers! Desperate win to stay in the 5 against the raging premiership favourite.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby DOC » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:00 pm

Wedgie wrote:Great win 'thers!

A match saving mark by No 4 for South.

Joey Haines.

His father and grandfather both played making him (I think) a very rare third generational SANFL league player.

His father Peter wore no 15 and played CHB at a time when our defence saw more of the ball than the forwards. He is now a regular at most games (comes down from the Riverland) and tells me that he likes nothing more than seeing his son play in a win.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:03 pm

DOC wrote:

Joey Haines.

His father and grandfather both played making him (I think) a very rare third generational SANFL league player.

His father Peter wore no 15 and played CHB at a time when our defence saw more of the ball than the forwards. He is now a regular at most games (comes down from the Riverland) and tells me that he likes nothing more than seeing his son play in a win.

Yeah my daughter told me it was Joey when I said the same thing to her, such a crucial mark and IMHO got the win.
Legend!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby DOC » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:05 pm

therisingblues wrote:
am Bays wrote:I see the Balfour van at Noarlunga has shut up shop, South ran out of pies too?

Good crowd?

Well done Panthers! Desperate win to stay in the 5 against the raging premiership favourite.

Still theirs to lose.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby Grenville » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:40 pm

Wedgie wrote:
DOC wrote:

Joey Haines.

Yeah my daughter told me it was Joey when I said the same thing to her, such a crucial mark and IMHO got the win.
Legend!

He goes alright that lad, seen him play a few good games. Runs hard, sticks his head over the ball, decent grab.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:43 pm

DOC wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Good crowd?

Still theirs to lose.

Bays have had two cracks at South for zero victories. South clearly ahead of Glenelg in favouritism.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby JK » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:58 pm

DOC wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Good crowd?

Still theirs to lose.

Yep, very reminiscent of the great Centrals sides in their era, drop one in every ten to give other sides hope before smashing them later. Can’t lose it from here.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby therisingblues » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:08 pm

Spot on JK, that's EXACTLY what they're doing.
No way they'll drop it from here.

Unless Adelaide go the season with minimal injuries... I notice they've quietly gone and grabbed top spot while the Tigers have been posing for the front page.
Worrying times...
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:12 pm

therisingblues wrote:Spot on JK, that's EXACTLY what they're doing.

Unless Adelaide go the season with minimal injuries... I notice they've quietly gone and grabbed top spot while the Tigers have been posing for the front page.
Worrying times...

Pure Minor Premiership FTW: not an interloper in sight, and the Blues showing why they're the real favourites.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby therisingblues » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:18 pm

Pseudo wrote:

Worrying times...

Pure Minor Premiership FTW: not an interloper in sight, and the Blues showing why they're the real favourites.

Don't worry about that Pseudo, we're keeping a close eye on that Pure Premiership, and we're real happy to be leading it!
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Brett » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:21 pm

Worrying times...

Not sure how the so called Pure Ladder works . That was the one that Glenelg will look back on and say thankyou. Its been 33 years and havent been in the finals since 2011 . I hope South can join them in the GF . Its time these clubs broke this horrendous premiership drought. 87 years between them , play fair others.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby saintal » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:39 pm

Very important win in a terrific game of footy. Wasted opportunities in the first term, kicked 11 goals through the middle two quarters before prevailing in a final quarter arm-wrestle.

Davis outstanding (bar a brain fade in the closing minutes), Cross and Liddle busy as always, the smooth moving Karpany starting to prove his value, while Crabby battled hard on McBean. After having his colours lowered through the day, Haines had a Leo Barry moment in the dying minutes, taking a strong pack mark to quell the Bays' final forward foray.

Just 4 goals kickers for the Bays, Scott and Reynolds in particular proving a handful. Felt as though the Bays dominated the air for most of the day.

The Green Maggots (looks over shoulder nervously) were dreadful.

Still the Bays' flag to lose..
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby PanthersFan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:46 pm

Wow! What a great game of football! So exciting to watch after South managed to get back in the contest in the second quarter. It was goal for goal after half time. Both teams had good passages of play with the Panthers managing to get over the line. 4 more scoring shots for a 4 point win and I’m happy we kicked 13.9 after starting 0.5 so great to see an improvement there after quarter time. Joel Cross - what can I say? Delivers every week with such class and of course his “Liddle” mate was good too. Joe Haines was great at the end and Biemans had a very good first game back. Young McGree was fantastic! Competed all day and was excellent around the ground. A good win today but we need to show that form every week to be a chance. (Yes, it’s still Glenelg’s to lose) :D
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby PanthersFan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:51 pm

saintal wrote:Very important win in a terrific game of footy. Wasted opportunities in the first term, kicked 11 goals through the middle two quarters before prevailing in a final quarter arm-wrestle.

Davis outstanding (bar a brain fade in the closing minutes), Cross and Liddle busy as always, the smooth moving Karpany starting to prove his value, while Crabby battled hard on McBean. After having his colours lowered through the day, Haines had a Leo Barry moment in the dying minutes, taking a strong pack mark to quell the Bays' final forward foray.

Just 4 goals kickers for the Bays, Scott and Reynolds in particular proving a handful. Felt as though the Bays dominated the air for most of the day.

The Green Maggots (looks over shoulder nervously) were dreadful.

Still the Bays' flag to lose..

I agree about Karpany, getting better every week and will be an X factor.
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby saintal » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:03 pm

PanthersFan wrote:I agree about Karpany, getting better every week and will be an X factor.

Have been impressed with him the past fortnight. Was reasonable but overall underwhelming early in the season, but is now getting 20+ possessions, seems more aggressive at the footy, and usually bobs up each week with a goal or two.

A few of the guys returning from long lay offs were good, Biemans early on as you mentioned (first 3 kicks were goals) while I think Schwarz provides some much needed grunt around the ball.

The Bays needed a Milera type at the foot of their talls.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby blueandwhite » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:24 am

One of the better sanfl games Ive seen in recent times. Open, fast paced in patches and the last quarter was just an arm wrestle with the Panthers scoring the win in a close one for a change.
Caillottos late withdrawal saw young McGree thrown in at the deep end in the ruck and I thought he was very good particularly his second and third efforts. Crabb was good on MR Bean after being beaten early, and Joe haines did a"Leo barry" in the dying seconds after an undisciplined effort by Davis threatened to hand the advantage to the Bays. Cross and Liddle were there brilliant best and I was pleased to Schwartz return to the side who gives us a bit of grunt in the middle.
A really good win by the boys who showed some real character to get away with the win in a really tough game.
Bays look like a good side and they have 3 good tall targets in McBean, Reynolds and Scott who are going to cause headaches for most teams.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:31 am

I was following on and off whilst watching our game and it sounded like a belter.
I have the digital pass for Norwood, does that allow me to watch replays of other games? Wouldn’t mind having a look at it
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL