West V Centrals

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: West V Centrals

Postby Al22 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:59 pm

LMA wrote:Went and watched the Ressies only, No.1 for the Dogs destroyed the Bloods.

Gave my passout to a Centrals fan heading in with his young kids. He was very appreciative, hope he had a good day.

I expect the Centrals fan did have a good day! Nice touch LMA. No 1 is Isayah Mackenzie. We've been waiting for him to get back the form he had a couple of seasons ago, and develop further, after all the injuries he's had. He was tearing Norwood apart at the Parade in round 17 in 2017 when he injured his knee. It's taken him a while to get back the form that had afl scouts watching him as an U18 player.
Al22
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Grenville » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:24 pm

Al22 wrote:
LMA wrote:Went and watched the Ressies only, No.1 for the Dogs destroyed the Bloods.

Gave my passout to a Centrals fan heading in with his young kids. He was very appreciative, hope he had a good day.

I expect the Centrals fan did have a good day! Nice touch LMA. No 1 is Isayah Mackenzie. We've been waiting for him to get back the form he had a couple of seasons ago, and develop further, after all the injuries he's had. He was tearing Norwood apart at the Parade in round 17 in 2017 when he injured his knee. It's taken him a while to get back the form that had afl scouts watching him as an U18 player.

Izzy is a player that frustrates the hell out of me. Has a lot of natural talent but only delivers in infrequent spurts. He should be a gun at this level but for whatever reason is far from it. I've seen him attack a contest fiercely be it a tackle or contested ball but I saw him pull out at Unley this year when he should've gone in and hasn't always chased as I would've expected. I doubt it's a conscious decision but he needs to find that consistency.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby northerner » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:00 am

The first time I have seen Thrillthorpe for Westies. Threatened to dominate in the second quarter. Tall agile and a good kick. And doesnt back down. Just 17 so it looks like the Club will benefit from him up forward next year b4 he is drafted.
I noted a sponsor board for Barbaro Thrillthorpe lawyers so I assume thats his family?
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 436 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Magellan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:55 pm

northerner wrote:The first time I have seen Thrillthorpe for Westies. Threatened to dominate in the second quarter. Tall agile and a good kick. And doesnt back down. Just 17 so it looks like the Club will benefit from him up forward next year b4 he is drafted.
I noted a sponsor board for Barbaro Thrillthorpe lawyers so I assume thats his family?

I think it's 'Thilthorpe', but it sounds like 'Thrillthorpe' will become a well-earned nickname before too long. Rolls nicely off the tongue.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL