Eagles V Sturt

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Eagles V Sturt

Postby Mr Fuller » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:47 pm

Brett wrote:Cheers Jim. I know they have a small supporter base but they cant afford to drop off. I wouldn't think the ground announcer would attract people ? How embarrassing . Wasn't sure if It was a Basketball caller or Darts commentator . I think he called the reserves umpires cheats after their loss as well.

I would have to agree with you there. Not sure where they got that idiot from but he wasn't on the mike at the beginning of the season. An embarrassing and unnecessary addition eagles management - if he is there next home game I'd really question your judgement.

Pretty decent crowd there today. Someone said it on this thread but have to agree that Sturt supporters generally travel well and turn out in big numbers. Had to have a bit of a laugh at those middle aged flogs who have composed songs for each sturt player.

Sturt very good. Not sure he did much damage on the scoreboard but that big full forward looks pretty good. Thought their ruck - Read? - also beat ours convincingly.

One of the biggest things that stood out to me was that Sturt have a number of guys who can punch drop punts on the run low, hard and straight from 50m which sail through the goals. This is a skill that has been lacking in our team for many years and we get found out on windy days.

Our full forward is a great mark but just cannot kick. His miss from 15m out directly in front was unforgiveable

Yes we have lots of injuries but no excuses. We probably should have been 4 goals up at quarter time but from that point on Sturt were easily the better team.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Eagles V Sturt

Postby CUTTERMAN » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:08 pm

JK wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
JK wrote:Sturt travelling beautifully at the minute, just quietly going about their business. I'm not sure they can topple the Premiers, but from a neutral perspective a big final between the Bays and Sturt would hold great appeal.

The Eagles are very capable (as us Norwood fans have seen first hand) and the risk was they were always going to pay the price for their slow start and it appears it has now officially caught up with them.

JK the last 3 flags Sturt have won have been with no one thinking they could topple the favourites. Underdogs in 02,16 and 17

I know mate, can certainly take confidence from that. In fact the last 5 flags have all been won by the underdogs on the day, and the Minor Premier has lost all of the last 5 GF's.

Pretty sure WWT finished minor premiers in 2017 and lost in straight sets without getting to the GF
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL