Central V South

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Central V South

Postby Brett » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:57 pm

Centrals seem to often start ordinary but finish OK in the second half ?
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Groucho » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:09 pm

Looking forward to the bye next week. Love split rounds and the bye, at least we don't lose. Has been my favourite week all season.
Only 2 more games to go then the season is over. Thank the Lord!!!
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby PanthersFan » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:56 pm

Excellent first half set up a solid win even though we kicked 3.10 in the second half. Mathematically still a chance to make the finals, we just need Norwood to get a big time choke going...
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby saintal » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:00 am

Brett wrote:Centrals seem to often start ordinary but finish OK in the second half ?

Phil H on LifeFM mentioned that CD have only won 1 of 16 first quarters this season. 1!!! I find that hard to believe, but quite sure that's what I heard.

I only watched the second half, some nervous moments as the Dogs pulled with 14 points or so during the third quarter. Pleasing to finish relatively strongly and keep the flicker of finals alive. Our very good record at Elizabeth since 2014 continues.

J. Cross, N. Liddle, T. Brown, M. Karpany, J. Haines, A. Davis name as best for South, while the Dogs listed T. Schiller, J. Schiller, R. Llewellyn, W. Patterson, T. Menzel, K. Jenner
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby StrayDog » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:16 am

saintal wrote:
Brett wrote:Centrals seem to often start ordinary but finish OK in the second half ?

Phil H on LifeFM mentioned that CD have only won 1 of 16 first quarters this season. 1!!! I find that hard to believe, but quite sure that's what I heard.

I only watched the second half, some nervous moments as the Dogs pulled with 14 points or so during the third quarter. Pleasing to finish relatively strongly and keep the flicker of finals alive. Our very good record at Elizabeth since 2014 continues.

J. Cross, N. Liddle, T. Brown, M. Karpany, J. Haines, A. Davis name as best for South, while the Dogs listed T. Schiller, J. Schiller, R. Llewellyn, W. Patterson, T. Menzel, K. Jenner

Phil H was right - one first quarter win (R4 vs North) and one "draw" (R11 @ Glenelg).
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby StrayDog » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:26 pm

Yeah, the damage generally done in the first half this year averaging almost a four goal deficit.

Statistically, from my calculations, our second halves pretty even on average to R16, winning half of them, and with final terms eating most of the small headway being made in the third terms.

1st: one win (@Prospect) and one 'draw' (@Glenelg) from 16 games, -180 point aggregate
2nd: three wins, -186 point aggregate
3rd: nine and +57,
4th:: six and -52

https://australianfootball.com/leagues/ ... limit=1000

NB:- Apologies for putting clouds under any umbrellas.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL