Round 17, South Adelaide v North Adelaide

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 17, South Adelaide v North Adelaide

Postby saintal » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:43 pm

Full time

SA 15.9
NA 2.8

Goals:
Davis, McKinnon, Wilkinson (3), Fitt (2), Overall, Cross, Irra, Karpany
Barns, Harvey

South's % jumps from 50.7 to 52.2, just shy of Sturt's.
SAFC- 55 years...
StKFC- 53 years..
User avatar
saintal
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5231
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Adelaide Hills
Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 331 times

Re: Round 17, South Adelaide v North Adelaide

Postby Magellan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Well done, Panthers. That percentage boost might just get you into the five yet, will be an interesting last round.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Magellan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4722
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:04 pm
Has liked: 431 times
Been liked: 1151 times

Re: Round 17, South Adelaide v North Adelaide

Postby PanthersFan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:51 pm

According to the SANFL website the % difference between Sturt and South is now 0.09%. I don’t know what that means in real points but it can’t be too much surely?

What a great win today, relentless when we really needed to be which was excellent!

The crazy dream lives on! Go Panthers!
PanthersFan
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:48 pm
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Round 17, South Adelaide v North Adelaide

Postby locky801 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:03 pm

one would like to know whats going on at Prospect

I dont buy the excuse of lost a handful full of players, sure it has some affect but not that both the A grade and Reserves go from Premiers one year to wooden spooners the next.

well done to South, went out and knew what they had to do and got the percentage they needed
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42071
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1209 times
Been liked: 560 times

Re: Round 17, South Adelaide v North Adelaide

Postby VALE PARK » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:49 pm

Nearly every club loses players at draft time that us the norm.
Most clubs just budget for it.
Sadly,some clubs (despite good recruiting) even lose them to the AFL during the season,
a la South and Westies.
That is a tough ask.
VALE PARK
Under 18s
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:32 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Rostrevor OC

Re: Round 17, South Adelaide v North Adelaide

Postby saintal » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:23 pm

Enjoyable game to watch from a South perspective. North never really threatened and were poop. Tropiano their best.

Karpany excellent, Haines and the rest of the back line very sold, Overall presented well in a tricky day for the tall forwards, inexperienced duo McKinnon and Wilkinson combined for 6 majors, while Davis was the best man on the ground in the first half. Pleasing to win without Cross (15 touches) and Liddle (just 8 ) having much of an impact.

North's last 3 outings to Noarlunga have yielded just 17 goals and 3 drubbings.
SAFC- 55 years...
StKFC- 53 years..
User avatar
saintal
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5231
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Adelaide Hills
Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 331 times

Re: Round 17, South Adelaide v North Adelaide

Postby southee » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:08 pm

The dream is still alive !
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
User avatar
southee
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4678
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: Somewhere in the jungle!!!
Has liked: 705 times
Been liked: 90 times

Re: Round 17, South Adelaide v North Adelaide

Postby SimonH » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:09 pm

PanthersFan wrote:According to the SANFL website the % difference between Sturt and South is now 0.09%. I don’t know what that means in real points but it can’t be too much surely?
Today effectively takes percentage out of the equation, in South’s favour.

South already had Norwood covered for % before playing today—now it’s effectively impossible to construct a scenario next week where South win, Sturt lose, and Sturt still finish ahead of South on percentage.

So South’s got a pretty simple equation next week—win, and hope one of Norwood or Sturt lose.
SimonH
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:32 pm
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 59 times

Re: Round 17, South Adelaide v North Adelaide

Postby StrayDog » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:23 am

SimonH wrote:
PanthersFan wrote:According to the SANFL website the % difference between Sturt and South is now 0.09%. I don’t know what that means in real points but it can’t be too much surely?
Today effectively takes percentage out of the equation, in South’s favour.

South already had Norwood covered for % before playing today—now it’s effectively impossible to construct a scenario next week where South win, Sturt lose, and Sturt still finish ahead of South on percentage.

So South’s got a pretty simple equation next week—win, and hope one of Norwood or Sturt lose.

Yep, the sum of the margins would have to be no more than four points, so extremely unlikely.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."


- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:26 pm
Location: Copping a "feel for the game"
Has liked: 452 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Round 17, South Adelaide v North Adelaide

Postby PanthersFan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:18 am

StrayDog wrote:
SimonH wrote:
PanthersFan wrote:According to the SANFL website the % difference between Sturt and South is now 0.09%. I don’t know what that means in real points but it can’t be too much surely?
Today effectively takes percentage out of the equation, in South’s favour.

South already had Norwood covered for % before playing today—now it’s effectively impossible to construct a scenario next week where South win, Sturt lose, and Sturt still finish ahead of South on percentage.

So South’s got a pretty simple equation next week—win, and hope one of Norwood or Sturt lose.

Yep, the sum of the margins would have to be no more than four points, so extremely unlikely.

Thank you both for clearing that up for me, this will be a very exciting round of footy!
PanthersFan
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:48 pm
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Round 17, South Adelaide v North Adelaide

Postby saintal » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:30 am

931 the reported attendance. Only games against the Power Reserves and Ravens have also seen a sub-1000 crowd at Noarlunga.
SAFC- 55 years...
StKFC- 53 years..
User avatar
saintal
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5231
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Adelaide Hills
Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 331 times

Re: Round 17, South Adelaide v North Adelaide

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:39 am

saintal wrote:931 the reported attendance. Only games against the Power Reserves and Ravens have also seen a sub-1000 crowd at Noarlunga.


Spoon - cheat - spoon. Can't expect much more.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 46033
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4523 times
Been liked: 7492 times

Re: Round 17, South Adelaide v North Adelaide

Postby VALE PARK » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:26 pm

Interesting the Roosters only kicked 12 goals accross their 3 grades on the weekend!
VALE PARK
Under 18s
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:32 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Rostrevor OC

Re: Round 17, South Adelaide v North Adelaide

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:22 pm

VALE PARK wrote:Interesting the Roosters only kicked 12 goals accross their 3 grades on the weekend!

TANKING :D
gazzamagoo
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 63 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests