Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby Apachebulldog » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:59 pm

My crowd estimate around 4,000 maybe a tad more .


To the game a FARCE all our concerns all justified from day one win lose or draw the SANFL is and has been a joke since 2013.

Once again well done to the administrators and CEO'S of certain clubs who KOW TOWED to the AFL for a bagful of shekels and believed the lies peddled by one local AFL CLUB.


Well done to all.

PS almost forgot to mention well done to Roy Laird for the seventeen years as coach and the result of seven Premierships we all were on a mighty long footy trip and we all enjoyed the ride absolutely FANTASTIC Bravo and well done .

Thank You.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
User avatar
Apachebulldog
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:05 pm
Location: On the prairie
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 61 times

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby saintal » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:05 pm

Jim05 wrote:Sad way to go out for Roy. 90 point loss to a side Roy and his club rallied so hard against to prevent their entry


Yep, what a shitty way for it to end. However given Roy's record, it's hard to feel too sorry for him overall :P
SAFC- 55 years...
StKFC- 53 years..
User avatar
saintal
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5231
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Adelaide Hills
Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 331 times

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby saintal » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:06 pm

Grenville wrote:Most of the game we had a dip, ran out of gas and they were far too big. Despite having a bag kicked against him Wyatt Patterson tried his guts out today, the gutless cheap shot Frampton tried on him while he was defenceless on the ground is a fair reflection on his character.


Standard form.
SAFC- 55 years...
StKFC- 53 years..
User avatar
saintal
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5231
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Adelaide Hills
Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 331 times

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby Dogs64 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:40 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:My crowd estimate around 4,000 maybe a tad more .


To the game a FARCE all our concerns all justified from day one win lose or draw the SANFL is and has been a joke since 2013.

Once again well done to the administrators and CEO'S of certain clubs who KOW TOWED to the AFL for a bagful of shekels and believed the lies peddled by one local AFL CLUB.


Well done to all.

PS almost forgot to mention well done to Roy Laird for the seventeen years as coach and the result of seven Premierships we all were on a mighty long footy trip and we all enjoyed the ride absolutely FANTASTIC Bravo and well done .

Thank You.


Was half hoping we'd walk off at three quarter time. It would make the game a farce (and a big "statement") in a farcical competition. Of course Roy and the clubs above that, blah, blah, blah, just sad that the competition is destroyed. Hopefully the crows reserves romp in the gf now against a yes club.
Dogs64
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:11 am
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby JK » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:52 pm

Most supporters don't really ark up about the AFL sides til they lose to them. All bar South and Central have forfeited the right to do so. Feel for the Dogs that Roys tenure ended this way when he was such a brave front against it.
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 34887
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 2986 times
Been liked: 2177 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby fish » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:12 am

JK wrote:Most supporters don't really ark up about the AFL sides til they lose to them. All bar South and Central have forfeited the right to do so. Feel for the Dogs that Roys tenure ended this way when he was such a brave front against it.

Well said I am totally pissed off that an AFL reserves team is allowed in this comp. A hollow victory for the Power reserves
User avatar
fish
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6739
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:28 pm
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby Magellan » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:09 pm

Dogs64 wrote:Was half hoping we'd walk off at three quarter time. It would make the game a farce (and a big "statement") in a farcical competition. Of course Roy and the clubs above that, blah, blah, blah, just sad that the competition is destroyed. Hopefully the crows reserves romp in the gf now against a yes club.

Now that would've been interesting.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Magellan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4722
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:04 pm
Has liked: 431 times
Been liked: 1151 times

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby Magellan » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:17 pm

Well done on a marvellous coaching career, Roy. Certainly earned his place in the pantheon of SANFL greats, and deserves to have something named after him out there at the Ponderosa.

Not only a loss for the 'Dogs as someone who put his heart and soul into the club (especially in recent times when success wasn't as forthcoming and he could've walked away), but for the comp as a whole, given his passionate stance on maintaining the integrity of the league.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Magellan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4722
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:04 pm
Has liked: 431 times
Been liked: 1151 times

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby Grenville » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:34 pm

The great man went out with a bang from what I heard in the Sunday Mail today.
User avatar
Grenville
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3641
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 738 times

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby Al22 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:13 pm

Grenville wrote:The great man went out with a bang from what I heard in the Sunday Mail today.


So tell me! What happened? I refuse to buy the Sunday Mail until Rucci retires.
Al22
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:04 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby Grenville » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:18 pm

I believe Roy said something like we played our last SANFL game of the season for the year last week against Norwood. And something about playing Port Power reserves yesterday.
User avatar
Grenville
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3641
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 738 times

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby Al22 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:24 pm

Grenville wrote:I believe Roy said something like we played our last SANFL game of the season for the year last week against Norwood. And something about playing Port Power reserves yesterday.


Thanks! I wish there was some chance of Roy getting onto the SANFL commission now.
Al22
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:04 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby Wedgie » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:30 pm

Al22 wrote:
Grenville wrote:I believe Roy said something like we played our last SANFL game of the season for the year last week against Norwood. And something about playing Port Power reserves yesterday.


Thanks! I wish there was some chance of Roy getting onto the SANFL commission now.

Bugger getting on the commission, he should run the whole kit and kaboodle!
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44638
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1124 times
Been liked: 2549 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:37 pm

Al22 wrote:
Grenville wrote:I believe Roy said something like we played our last SANFL game of the season for the year last week against Norwood. And something about playing Port Power reserves yesterday.


Thanks! I wish there was some chance of Roy getting onto the SANFL commission now.

Too late, the damage is done. The worst is still to come
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40739
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1076 times
Been liked: 2512 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby Grenville » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:44 pm

He has integrity and can't be bought. Certainly doesn't fit the mould of someone they'd want on the SANFL commission.
User avatar
Grenville
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3641
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 738 times

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby Dogs64 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:06 pm

“In many ways our SANFL season finished last week in playing Norwood,” Laird said.

“Today we played Port Power reserves.

“That’s been the progress of this competition which I think is sad.”
Dogs64
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:11 am
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby JK » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:26 pm

Any way that he can stay involved in a non-coaching capacity of some sort?
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 34887
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 2986 times
Been liked: 2177 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby Dutchy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:27 pm

Any crowd figure?
FLAGStaff Hill FC 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Premiers
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 38862
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1169 times
Been liked: 1938 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby Dutchy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:29 pm

JK wrote:Any way that he can stay involved in a non-coaching capacity of some sort?


The commission should put in place an advisory committee, with guys like Roy, free of AFL influence, to provide some advice and direction for the future of the comp.
FLAGStaff Hill FC 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Premiers
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 38862
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1169 times
Been liked: 1938 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby JK » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:37 pm

Dutchy wrote:
JK wrote:Any way that he can stay involved in a non-coaching capacity of some sort?


The commission should put in place an advisory committee, with guys like Roy, free of AFL influence, to provide some advice and direction for the future of the comp.


Absolutely
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 34887
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 2986 times
Been liked: 2177 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests