2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

All discussions to do with the SANFL

2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

Postby Spargo » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:08 pm

Saturday 31st August, 3:20 pm - Adelaide Oval.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12125
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 3491 times
Been liked: 3671 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:46 pm

Why the **** is this on Saturday?
mighty hounds
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6754
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:08 pm
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 273 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:51 pm

Father’s Day on Sunday.
Going head to head with an AFL double header isn’t great either though
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42045
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1099 times
Been liked: 2685 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

Postby Spargo » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:05 pm

Jim05 wrote:Father’s Day on Sunday.
Going head to head with an AFL double header isn’t great either though

No AFL this weekend.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12125
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 3491 times
Been liked: 3671 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:25 pm

Jim05 wrote:Father’s Day on Sunday.
Going head to head with an AFL double header isn’t great either though


Wasn't an issue last season? I spent fathers day with my old man at the footy last year
mighty hounds
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6754
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:08 pm
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 273 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:52 pm

mighty hounds wrote:Why the **** is this on Saturday?


To clash with grass roots footy finals and reduce the crowd size :evil:

just stupid...
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 40062
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1385 times
Been liked: 2207 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:13 pm

Dutchy wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:Why the **** is this on Saturday?


To clash with grass roots footy finals and reduce the crowd size :evil:

just stupid...


Absolutely is stupid. It rules me out still being involved in Saturday’s club footy. I’m sure they’d be plenty more that will miss from both sides because of it as well
mighty hounds
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6754
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:08 pm
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 273 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

Postby southee » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:45 am

Shocking programming!
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
User avatar
southee
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4710
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: Somewhere in the jungle!!!
Has liked: 725 times
Been liked: 93 times

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

Postby LMA » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:13 am

Dutchy wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:Why the **** is this on Saturday?


To clash with grass roots footy finals and reduce the crowd size :evil:

just stupid...


Where's UK Fan, he would tee off on a legitimate excuse like this for a Port AFL game.
User avatar
LMA
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6237
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:37 pm
Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:59 am

yep, let's change it just to suit you.
When do you propose it be played,
what did everyone do years back when footy was played EVERY Saturday arvo.
gazzamagoo
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 393 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

Postby Pseudo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:24 am

gazzamagoo wrote:yep, let's change it just to suit you.
When do you propose it be played,
what did everyone do years back when footy was played EVERY Saturday arvo.

We went to the footy, of course...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
User avatar
Pseudo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10472
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am
Location: enculez-vous
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Morningside

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

Postby matt35 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:57 am

I suspect it is for television. But let's face it, if it were scheduled for Sunday there'd be just as many people complaining that it was silly programming to clash with Father's Day.
matt35
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:50 pm
Has liked: 484 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

Postby Spargo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:10 am

This game should’ve been swapped & played as the late match. Two teams that will drag a crowd. I know the league considered it but left it as is.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12125
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 3491 times
Been liked: 3671 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

Postby Jim05 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:22 am

Spargo wrote:This game should’ve been swapped & played as the late match. Two teams that will drag a crowd. I know the league considered it but left it as is.

The Ravens/Port game will attract a decent crowd. With their AFL sides out the happy clappers will appear in big numbers to cheer on “their boys”
Atleast a dozen blokes at work that haven’t been to a SANFL game for years are heading to the game.
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42045
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1099 times
Been liked: 2685 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

Postby therisingblues » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:41 am

Jim05 wrote:
Spargo wrote:This game should’ve been swapped & played as the late match. Two teams that will drag a crowd. I know the league considered it but left it as is.

The Ravens/Port game will attract a decent crowd. With their AFL sides out the happy clappers will appear in big numbers to cheer on “their boys”
Atleast a dozen blokes at work that haven’t been to a SANFL game for years are heading to the game.

I was wondering about this factor also.
Both teams are out of the senior competition, and are playing against something that resembles an opponent they have a rivalry with. I've been to finals involving these teams, and was particularly struck with the underwhelming support for the Crows, (Port to a much lesser degree, more of their supporters tend to remember their roots if the Magpies outlive the Power in any given season) but with the promise of a consolation against a familiar foe, we might finally see the promised 4,000, plus a few.
The media will cream themselves, if it turns out that way.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
User avatar
therisingblues
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6190
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:50 am
Location: Fukuoka
Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

Postby JK » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:47 am

therisingblues wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Spargo wrote:This game should’ve been swapped & played as the late match. Two teams that will drag a crowd. I know the league considered it but left it as is.

The Ravens/Port game will attract a decent crowd. With their AFL sides out the happy clappers will appear in big numbers to cheer on “their boys”
Atleast a dozen blokes at work that haven’t been to a SANFL game for years are heading to the game.

I was wondering about this factor also.
Both teams are out of the senior competition, and are playing against something that resembles an opponent they have a rivalry with. I've been to finals involving these teams, and was particularly struck with the underwhelming support for the Crows, (Port to a much lesser degree, more of their supporters tend to remember their roots if the Magpies outlive the Power in any given season) but with the promise of a consolation against a familiar foe, we might finally see the promised 4,000, plus a few.
The media will cream themselves, if it turns out that way.


If there isn't a decent crowd for the Quali, there's absolutely no excuses .. None, zilch, nada!

I think there will be a decent turnout though
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 35653
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 3390 times
Been liked: 2384 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:19 pm

JK wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Spargo wrote:This game should’ve been swapped & played as the late match. Two teams that will drag a crowd. I know the league considered it but left it as is.

The Ravens/Port game will attract a decent crowd. With their AFL sides out the happy clappers will appear in big numbers to cheer on “their boys”
Atleast a dozen blokes at work that haven’t been to a SANFL game for years are heading to the game.

I was wondering about this factor also.
Both teams are out of the senior competition, and are playing against something that resembles an opponent they have a rivalry with. I've been to finals involving these teams, and was particularly struck with the underwhelming support for the Crows, (Port to a much lesser degree, more of their supporters tend to remember their roots if the Magpies outlive the Power in any given season) but with the promise of a consolation against a familiar foe, we might finally see the promised 4,000, plus a few.
The media will cream themselves, if it turns out that way.


If there isn't a decent crowd for the Quali, there's absolutely no excuses .. None, zilch, nada!

I think there will be a decent turnout though


I disagree, there will be a strong PAFC presence in the terraces but I expect very few Adelaide FC fans to attend.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 48483
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 5114 times
Been liked: 8074 times

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

Postby JK » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:44 pm

Booney wrote:I disagree, there will be a strong PAFC presence in the terraces but I expect very few Adelaide FC fans to attend.


Not sure why, you guys would be pretty welcoming I'd imagine ;)
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 35653
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 3390 times
Been liked: 2384 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

Postby Brett » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:46 pm

Norwood comfortably . They have too many match winners and when they turn it on they kill sides off. Legs by 41 points.
Brett
Reserves
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:37 pm
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

Postby pmackk » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:30 pm

Brett wrote:Norwood comfortably . They have too many match winners and when they turn it on they kill sides off. Legs by 41 points.

No way Sturt by 2 goals.
pmackk
Member
 
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:32 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests