End of season Retirements and move ons

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Postby StrayDog » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:38 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
am Bays wrote:Here we go, Camry Crow??

there they go, more like it.

The sooner the better. ;)
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."


- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:26 pm
Location: Copping a "feel for the game"
Has liked: 459 times
Been liked: 102 times

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Postby stan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:04 pm

LMA wrote:Frampton from Port to Adelaide ;)
Nah he'll play 1st for them.

Old mate JJ will be there FF for the entire year.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
User avatar
stan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12321
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:53 am
Location: North Eastern Suburbs
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 837 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Postby Big Phil » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:48 pm

stan wrote:
LMA wrote:Frampton from Port to Adelaide ;)
Nah he'll play 1st for them.

Old mate JJ will be Geelong's VFL FF for the entire year.


Edited for accuracy ;)
User avatar
Big Phil
Coach
 
Posts: 19839
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:56 pm
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 165 times

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Postby beef » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:53 am

Any word on new North coach? They advertised on seek so assume surjan isn't a certainty.
User avatar
beef
League Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 193 times

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Postby Big Phil » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:31 pm

beef wrote:Any word on new North coach? They advertised on seek so assume surjan isn't a certainty.

At the Roosters B&F a last week, CEO Greg Edwards said they would advertise nationally and go through due diligence, despite the many endorsements for Jacob and his suitbaility for the role.

Megsy said if Jacob is the best candidate at the end of the process, he will get the job. You'd think he'll be the front runner, at this stage.

Did you apply?
User avatar
Big Phil
Coach
 
Posts: 19839
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:56 pm
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 165 times

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Postby beef » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:21 pm

Big Phil wrote:
beef wrote:Any word on new North coach? They advertised on seek so assume surjan isn't a certainty.

At the Roosters B&F a last week, CEO Greg Edwards said they would advertise nationally and go through due diligence, despite the many endorsements for Jacob and his suitbaility for the role.

Megsy said if Jacob is the best candidate at the end of the process, he will get the job. You'd think he'll be the front runner, at this stage.

Did you apply?

Nope. Maybe Roy Laird will apply.
User avatar
beef
League Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 193 times

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:27 pm

beef wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
beef wrote:Any word on new North coach? They advertised on seek so assume surjan isn't a certainty.

At the Roosters B&F a last week, CEO Greg Edwards said they would advertise nationally and go through due diligence, despite the many endorsements for Jacob and his suitbaility for the role.

Megsy said if Jacob is the best candidate at the end of the process, he will get the job. You'd think he'll be the front runner, at this stage.

Did you apply?

Nope. Maybe Roy Laird will apply.

Nup, players are too precious these days.
gazzamagoo
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 254 times
Been liked: 78 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Postby goddy11 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:48 pm

Would Robbie Young be on the way back. Delisted by saints.
goddy11
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:35 pm
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Postby Brett » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:40 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
beef wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
beef wrote:Any word on new North coach? They advertised on seek so assume surjan isn't a certainty.

At the Roosters B&F a last week, CEO Greg Edwards said they would advertise nationally and go through due diligence, despite the many endorsements for Jacob and his suitbaility for the role.

Megsy said if Jacob is the best candidate at the end of the process, he will get the job. You'd think he'll be the front runner, at this stage.

Did you apply?

Nope. Maybe Roy Laird will apply.

Nup, players are too precious these days.


I actually think this might be right and Coaches need to be adaptable in their approach. Lairds record speaks for itself but it has changed. Champion coaches of the past wouldn't last a year now. I have no issue with it at all . I reckon there might be one coach that would make it these days and that was Jack Oatey. Hearing stories from players he treated them as individuals and led them accordingly. Its how it should be IMO.
Brett
Under 18s
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:37 pm
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 38 times

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:41 am

goddy11 wrote:Would Robbie Young be on the way back. Delisted by saints.


With Sutcliffe listed on the AFL list Port need a marquee player, I hope we make him an offer.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 46486
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4601 times
Been liked: 7636 times

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Postby goddy11 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:35 pm

Billy Stretch delisted. Maybe back to the Bay or could he go to the eagles as F/Son that got away. I remember this father. VG player for the eagles..
goddy11
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:35 pm
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Postby Panther Pack » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:14 pm

When will the SANFL allow all the clubs in the league and not just Port and Adelaide to have Marquee players?
User avatar
Panther Pack
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:28 am
Location: Jimmy Dean's
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 130 times

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Postby Reddeer » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:43 pm

Panther Pack wrote:When will the SANFL allow all the clubs in the league and not just Port and Adelaide to have Marquee players?

They wont. They are too fricking weak and afl centric to help out the real clubs
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Under 18s
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:32 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Postby locky801 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:55 pm

Bit of Jarman banter that the Bays coach maybe heading to the Crows
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42472
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1246 times
Been liked: 563 times

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Postby Brett » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:09 pm

That was mentioned earlier too.

Pearce from Sturt has retired .
Brett
Under 18s
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:37 pm
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 38 times

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:30 pm

Brett wrote:That was mentioned earlier too.

Pearce from Sturt has retired .


Pearce off?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8167
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1487 times
Been liked: 1534 times

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Postby Jimmy » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:01 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Brett wrote:That was mentioned earlier too.

Pearce from Sturt has retired .


Pearce off?


Gibbs on
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6346
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:02 pm
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:13 am

locky801 wrote:Bit of Jarman banter that the Bays coach maybe heading to the Crows

and North has approached Laird!
gazzamagoo
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 254 times
Been liked: 78 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Postby beef » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:14 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
locky801 wrote:Bit of Jarman banter that the Bays coach maybe heading to the Crows

and North has approached Laird!

North just doing the best thing for their club and trying to get the best coach possible. If true, good on them for asking the question.
User avatar
beef
League Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 193 times

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Postby Magellan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:11 am

Jimmy wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Pearce off?

Gibbs on

Hang on, this belongs in the rugby league thread.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Magellan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4839
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:04 pm
Has liked: 457 times
Been liked: 1190 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests