2020 Player movement

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2020 Player movement

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:59 am

Has he been training with them or has he just been plucked?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3492 times

Postby darley16 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:07 am

Dutchy, just like last year done pre-season training with South ready for maybe named captain again and now just before we get underway he's gone. I have had this theory that ever soince the great David Kantilla died in a freak car accident in the mid 1960's that the South Adelaide Football Club has been cursed ever since............this latest news simply continues to confirm my (mad) theory.
darley16
Under 18s

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Barracker1 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:41 am

Sorry Darls but this is the SANFL/AFL landscape today. There is no on South curse its just what footy in 2020 is. I lament that this is the case BUT this is the case. I was there in 64 with my blue and white flogger and I was at the 64 reunion at Adelaide Oval in 2014 with a number of current players and it was a happy sad night. South have given us hope at times and then dashed our hopes, but a majority of us keep going and still live in hope. I seriously thought that 2020 was going to be a BIG year for the Panthers but if Keegs goes there really is no back up and I mean no disrespect in saying that. It means Calloto goes back into the ruck instead of being a solid defender and the balance changes. I'll still attend games time permitting and hope Overall kicks a bag full Haines dominates and Crossy keeps finding the footy. Stay with us its worth the ride
Barracker1

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby MatteeG » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:18 am

If I was 200cm and had an ounce of talent I'd sign for South- seems to be a shoe in for getting some sort of AFL gig.

Disappointing for Southies- and as a Hawk fan he wont be doing anything unless Big Boy and Cegs go down, just leading ruck for Box Hill.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby darley16 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:31 am

I have nothing against the club this is not of their doing, they and all the SANFL clubs are victims of AFL greed. I just can't see the point of supporting a competition that is now so compromised, keeping in mind the AFL can continue to cherry pick players up intil mid-season. The entire competition has lost credibility, like last year my club was really well placed to play finals, had recruited well, lost 3 players, 2 at the start of the season and 1 throughout the year and therfore did'nt play finals, no fault of theirs (and received no compensation!). The same scenerio now this year, therefore there no point in continued support for a sporting competition that is purely at the mercy of another.
darley16
Under 18s

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby southee » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:52 am

darley16 wrote:I have nothing against the club this is not of their doing, they and all the SANFL clubs are victims of AFL greed. I just can't see the point of supporting a competition that is now so compromised, keeping in mind the AFL can continue to cherry pick players up intil mid-season. The entire competition has lost credibility, like last year my club was really well placed to play finals, had recruited well, lost 3 players, 2 at the start of the season and 1 throughout the year and therfore did'nt play finals, no fault of theirs (and received no compensation!). The same scenerio now this year, therefore there no point in continued support for a sporting competition that is purely at the mercy of another.

10K compensation is pittance considering the amount that would of gone into get Brooksby over the line.

It’s just a slap in the face for us. I feel so sorry for our playing group and support staff.

The sad thing is no one really cares do they ? AFL and other SANFL clubs (that this situation hasn’t happened to them).

Mid season draft on its way too - other clubs buckle up for it !
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:09 pm

MatteeG wrote:If I was 200cm and had an ounce of talent I'd sign for South- seems to be a shoe in for getting some sort of AFL gig.

Disappointing for Southies- and as a Hawk fan he wont be doing anything unless Big Boy and Cegs go down, just leading ruck for Box Hill.

If he is 3rd in line, maybe the SANFL should be demanding that he flies back to play for South games, just thinking outside the square.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3492 times

Postby PanthersFan » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:19 pm

Oh come on, seriously!?!?!?!?!
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby PanthersFan » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:20 pm

Anyone have any tissues?
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Postby PanthersFan » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:25 pm

Brooksby was actually named for South's trial on Saturday and still no announcement from the club regarding his departure. I suppose it's a matter of when, not if though.
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Postby Brett » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:12 pm

It is now official. Brooksby to Hawthorn.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:23 pm

South Adelaide can reveal that ruckman Keegan Brooksby will pursue an AFL opportunity in 2020.

Brooksby has informed the club that he has been offered another chance at the AFL.

This will be Brooksby's third crack at the AFL, having played 14 games with the Gold Coast Suns between 2015 and 2017, and being taken by West Coast in 2019.

"It is very disappointing from the clubs point of view to lose another player on the eve for the season" said Panthers Chief Executive Officer, Neill Sharpe.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times

Postby Brett » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:45 pm

I understand South supporters frustration and think all these "drafts" are wrong. But to cancel memberships and stop attending doesn't help your club. Some South supporters are starting to sound like Westies ones. The world is against you . No it's not.
SANFL clubs need all the support they can get , especially South. The issue is bigger than club level. Clubs need members and the members need to stand up and make a difference. Make your club force the SANFL to take action . Its the SANFL and the clubs that is getting it wrong . The SANFL do not seem to realise they hold the aces here . Stop bowing to the AFL. Say no . Its a small percent that play AFL as it is. So force the hand of this monster. If a players signs a contract for a season make it binding . Full stop. If the AFL says no then dont sign the player and he will languish in a lower comp and that wont work for the AFL clubs. Im all for being the best you can but dont screw the clubs that provide that vehicle.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby PanthersFan » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:26 pm

Brett wrote:I understand South supporters frustration and think all these "drafts" are wrong. But to cancel memberships and stop attending doesn't help your club. Some South supporters are starting to sound like Westies ones. The world is against you . No it's not.
SANFL clubs need all the support they can get , especially South. The issue is bigger than club level. Clubs need members and the members need to stand up and make a difference. Make your club force the SANFL to take action . Its the SANFL and the clubs that is getting it wrong . The SANFL do not seem to realise they hold the aces here . Stop bowing to the AFL. Say no . Its a small percent that play AFL as it is. So force the hand of this monster. If a players signs a contract for a season make it binding . Full stop. If the AFL says no then dont sign the player and he will languish in a lower comp and that wont work for the AFL clubs. Im all for being the best you can but dont screw the clubs that provide that vehicle.

Well we were one of two clubs to vote against allowing AFL teams in to the SANFL... South have already stood up for principles and where has it got us? Every time we get close, something seems to happen. Me personally, I am keeping my membership and will be there to support the club because it is not the club's fault. It's not time to quit. I just wonder how the players are feeling.
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Postby stan » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:05 am

Anyone is throwing in there membership about this is really targeting the wrong people. Fairly sure South didn't put there hand up and say yeah here have a ruckman on us.

The fact that South voted no means nothing. It's like Roy Laird yelling at clouds. The AFL treat all other leagues how they like and if the reserve teams were here or not would have made no difference.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby PanthersFan » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:23 am

stan wrote:Anyone is throwing in there membership about this is really targeting the wrong people. Fairly sure South didn't put there hand up and say yeah here have a ruckman on us.

The fact that South voted no means nothing. It's like Roy Laird yelling at clouds. The AFL treat all other leagues how they like and if the reserve teams were here or not would have made no difference.

I like yelling at clouds, they can’t argue back and tell me to stop crying!!
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:17 am

Norwood’s Henry Crauford has been trialling with Essendon I believe. Still one list spot up for grabs
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby stan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:45 am

PanthersFan wrote:
stan wrote:Anyone is throwing in there membership about this is really targeting the wrong people. Fairly sure South didn't put there hand up and say yeah here have a ruckman on us.

I like yelling at clouds, they can’t argue back and tell me to stop crying!!
Fair enough, I'll pay that. You give those clouds hell.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Brett » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:01 pm

Jim05 wrote:Norwood’s Henry Crauford has been trialling with Essendon I believe. Still one list spot up for grabs

https://www.afl.com.au/news/383569/dons ... n-defender
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby DOC » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:03 pm

Jim05 wrote:Norwood’s Henry Crauford has been trialling with Essendon I believe. Still one list spot up for grabs

Signed today.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL