Josh Glenn Doping Ban

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Postby Big Phil » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:38 am

SANFL MEDIA STATEMENT – JOSHUA GLENN

Norwood Football Club player Joshua Glenn has been issued a four-year ban for the presence of prohibited substances under the Australian Football Anti-Doping Code.

The analysis of a sample collected by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) on June 16, 2018, immediately following the Round 11 match between Norwood and Glenelg at Coopers Stadium, detected the presence of prohibited substances 19-Norandrosterone and 19-Noretiocholanolone (metabolites of Nandrolone, Norandostenedione or Norandrostenediol, types of ‘anabolic steroids’).
The detected substances are on the World Anti-Doping Code 2018 Prohibited List and prohibited at all times.

SANFL was advised by ASADA of the Adverse Analytical Finding on August 10, 2018. On that date, Glenn was issued with a provisional suspension, pending further analysis of samples and investigation by ASADA.

Glenn has acknowledged the violation and accepted the sanction, waiving his right to a hearing before the SANFL Anti-Doping Tribunal.
During this period of time, until the finalisation of the matter today, SANFL has been bound by strict confidentiality provisions prohibiting public disclosure of this matter.
The four-year ban has a commencement date of August 10, 2018, with Glenn eligible to return to football on August 10, 2022.

During this sanction period, Glenn, 25, is ineligible to participate in any capacity (as a player, coach or official) in any SANFL or AFL-recognised competition, including Community Football competitions, in any state or territory.

Glenn also is not permitted to be involved in any sport with a World Anti-Doping Agency compliant anti-doping policy during that period.

SANFL CEO Jake Parkinson said:

“SANFL has zero tolerance for prohibited drug use in its competitions. This sanction, the first to be imposed to a SANFL player for breach of the Anti-Doping Code, reinforces the League’s strong stance in maintaining fairness, safety and integrity on behalf of its participants.

SANFL provides extensive drug awareness and education, including presentations every year to all senior and Under 18s players at SANFL Clubs about their responsibility under the AFL Anti-Doping Code.”
User avatar
Big Phil
Coach
 
Posts: 19839
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:56 pm
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 165 times

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Postby Dogs64 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:55 am

Surely Norwood can use their exemption to everything card and get him off.
Dogs64
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:11 am
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Postby stan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:25 am

Probably a good reason why he is so angry all the time.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
User avatar
stan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12271
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:53 am
Location: North Eastern Suburbs
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 826 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Postby blueandwhite » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:45 am

:lol: :lol:
Dogs64 wrote:Surely Norwood can use their exemption to everything card and get him off.


:lol: :lol:
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
User avatar
blueandwhite
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1365
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Cloney Harp
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 155 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:19 am

A huge waste of talent.
gazzamagoo
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 63 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Postby DOC » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:24 am

Indeed.

Always be wary when your opponent wants to get rid of a player for other than their football ability.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8257
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 753 times

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:18 pm

DOC wrote:Indeed.

Always be wary when your opponent wants to get rid of a player for other than their football ability.

I'm not sure what you mean by that? Which club was trying to get rid of him?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 38713
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2682 times
Been liked: 4805 times

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:27 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
DOC wrote:Indeed.

Always be wary when your opponent wants to get rid of a player for other than their football ability.

I'm not sure what you mean by that? Which club was trying to get rid of him?


Centrals kicked him out, didn't they?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45940
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4509 times
Been liked: 7480 times

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Postby knowledge » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:38 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
DOC wrote:Indeed.

Always be wary when your opponent wants to get rid of a player for other than their football ability.

I'm not sure what you mean by that? Which club was trying to get rid of him?


Centrals kicked him out, didn't they?


To be diplomatic, let's say that they (and the leadership group) were less than enthusiastic in having him return.....
knowledge
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:41 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:54 pm

Booney wrote:
Centrals kicked him out, didn't they?

Na, he left Central's to play at Willaston, he was going to be internally suspended at Willaston after an incident at their major sponsors hotel so he left the club and ended up at Norwood.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 38713
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2682 times
Been liked: 4805 times

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Postby blood bath » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:04 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Centrals kicked him out, didn't they?

Na, he left Central's to play at Willaston, he was going to be internally suspended at Willaston after an incident at their major sponsors hotel so he left the club and ended up at Norwood.


Dont think Glenn "left the club" rather was told to leave, hence Glenn then threw them under the bus regarding a signing on bonus of a $1000 from a club sponsor and had Willaston fined, deducted premiership points in 2018 & 2019.

Maybe Willaston have the last laugh, all the way until August 10, 2022
blood bath
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:32 pm
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:37 pm

blood bath wrote:Dont think Glenn "left the club" rather was told to leave, hence Glenn then threw them under the bus regarding a signing on bonus of a $1000 from a club sponsor and had Willaston fined, deducted premiership points in 2018 & 2019.

Maybe Willaston have the last laugh, all the way until August 10, 2022

Willaston wanted to internally suspend him, he thought f*** that and left.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 38713
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2682 times
Been liked: 4805 times

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Postby Spargo » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:11 pm

Very lucky to avoid jail for serious assault too.
Quality specimen.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11260
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 3093 times
Been liked: 3296 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Postby Dutchy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:38 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Centrals kicked him out, didn't they?

Na, he left Central's to play at Willaston, he was going to be internally suspended at Willaston after an incident at their major sponsors hotel so he left the club and ended up at Norwood.


Wonder whether one day he will add up what that one incident has cost him
FLAGStaff Hill FC 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Premiers
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 38838
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1160 times
Been liked: 1934 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Postby stan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:52 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Centrals kicked him out, didn't they?

Na, he left Central's to play at Willaston, he was going to be internally suspended at Willaston after an incident at their major sponsors hotel so he left the club and ended up at Norwood.


Wonder whether one day he will add up what that one incident has cost him
I doubt it. So much football ability,just pissed away because he is a dickhead.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
User avatar
stan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12271
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:53 am
Location: North Eastern Suburbs
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 826 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Postby Dogs64 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:00 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Centrals kicked him out, didn't they?


Wonder whether one day he will add up what that one incident has cost him

A bit of a strange one. Left Gold Coast and a promising career as he was homesick. Plays for cdfc and from memory finishes top 3 in the b & f. Leaves cdfc for Willaston, gets sacked. Ends up at Norwood after the season has started and lists are pretty well finalised and plays for free.
Dogs64
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:11 am
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Postby southee » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:24 pm

Sounds like Norwood are supporting him with counseling etc... as stated on tonight’s news/NFC website.

Sadly there are most likely a few more Josh Glenn’s in the competition (as with the general society).

Clubs need to set standards and do their research.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
User avatar
southee
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4678
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: Somewhere in the jungle!!!
Has liked: 705 times
Been liked: 90 times

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Postby Wedgie » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:28 pm

I do like the numbers of his prohibited substances though.
19-Norandrosterone and 19-Noretiocholanolone. :lol:

PS I remember the days when Norwood were a respected club, bottom of the pile these days.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44634
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1124 times
Been liked: 2549 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Postby Jim05 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:37 pm

southee wrote:Sounds like Norwood are supporting him with counseling etc... as stated on tonight’s news/NFC website.

Sadly there are most likely a few more Josh Glenn’s in the competition (as with the general society).

Clubs need to set standards and do their research.

Would be plenty of guys in ammo and country leagues on the stuff. I guess when he was taking the stuff he didn’t see himself playing SANFL that season
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40714
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1076 times
Been liked: 2502 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Postby northerner » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:58 pm

Jim05 wrote:
southee wrote:Sounds like Norwood are supporting him with counseling etc... as stated on tonight’s news/NFC website.

Sadly there are most likely a few more Josh Glenn’s in the competition (as with the general society).

Clubs need to set standards and do their research.

Would be plenty of guys in ammo and country leagues on the stuff. I guess when he was taking the stuff he didn’t see himself playing SANFL that season

Pending court case alone should have been enough to make Norwood think twice about signing him on.

A very talented footballer. Will surely be ruing his choices. His family will be important right now.
northerner
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:48 pm
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 130 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests