SANFL 2020 Season

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Postby Brett » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:22 pm

Booney wrote:
Brett wrote:Its an idea to extend the season (with a lot of workarounds) but has anyone thought about the Pre - Season for 2021? Just another item to add to the scenario .

Did you ever cough up on your cheats comment?

No . I saw it at a Port function and even Mark Williams jumped in to say it wasn't cheating "just creative" .

Try google.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby LMA » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:52 pm

Brett wrote:
Booney wrote:
Brett wrote:Its an idea to extend the season (with a lot of workarounds) but has anyone thought about the Pre - Season for 2021? Just another item to add to the scenario .

Did you ever cough up on your cheats comment?

No . I saw it at a Port function and even Mark Williams jumped in to say it wasn't cheating "just creative" .

Try google.

Whats a Sturt/Eagles fan doing at a Port function?
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby UK Fan » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:10 pm

fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Hazydog » Thu May 07, 2020 11:58 am

So with two known cases in the state, restrictions likely to be eased tomorrow or Monday, SANFL management on record saying they are keen to play, players offering to play for nowt and the Premier of the State suggesting we should start earlier than the AFL, what are people’s thoughts as to how soon we can get going?
I’m thinking a week or two of training, a couple of trial matches and away we go... is early June out of the question?

(Assuming we don’t put everything on hold to cater for the two AFL Reserves teams)
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby Spargo » Thu May 07, 2020 12:27 pm

Hazydog wrote:So with two known cases in the state, restrictions likely to be eased tomorrow or Monday, SANFL management on record saying they are keen to play, players offering to play for nowt and the Premier of the State suggesting we should start earlier than the AFL, what are people’s thoughts as to how soon we can get going?
I’m thinking a week or two of training, a couple of trial matches and away we go... is early June out of the question?

(Assuming we don’t put everything on hold to cater for the two AFL Reserves teams)

Don’t waste time on trial matches.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu May 07, 2020 12:47 pm

Hazydog wrote:So with two known cases in the state, restrictions likely to be eased tomorrow or Monday, SANFL management on record saying they are keen to play, players offering to play for nowt and the Premier of the State suggesting we should start earlier than the AFL, what are people’s thoughts as to how soon we can get going?

30th May
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Spargo » Thu May 07, 2020 1:07 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:

30th May

14 rounds?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby knowledge » Thu May 07, 2020 2:44 pm

Once the resumption of training starts, there will be four weeks of training.
knowledge
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 74 times

Postby DOC » Thu May 07, 2020 6:35 pm

Just in from CIBO on The Parade:

14 round 8 team competition starting second/third week of June at Adelaide oval, with crowds, make sure you have the covidsafe app installed.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu May 07, 2020 7:31 pm

DOC wrote:Just in from CIBO on The Parade:

14 round 8 team competition starting second/third week of June at Adelaide oval, with crowds, make sure you have the covidsafe app installed.

Cibo is soooooo passe', one now meets at Grind for ALL the goss!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby nwdfanparade » Fri May 08, 2020 12:29 pm

What if you don't have a smart phone?

So four games at Adelaide oval over 2 or 3 days (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) every weekend plus AFL (when it starts). That's going to put a lot of strain on the Adelaide oval turf.
nwdfanparade
Under 18s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 145 times

Postby topshelf » Fri May 08, 2020 12:54 pm

nwdfanparade wrote:

So four games at Adelaide oval over 2 or 3 days (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) every weekend plus AFL (when it starts). That's going to put a lot of strain on the Adelaide oval turf.

Doubtful it would be a requirement for entry. I would be guessing that the double headers at Adelaide Oval would be for the first month or until interstate teams are allowed in. The fixture could change to home and away matches at suburban grounds after that.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby DOC » Fri May 08, 2020 2:02 pm

topshelf wrote:
nwdfanparade wrote:

Doubtful it would be a requirement for entry. I would be guessing that the double headers at Adelaide Oval would be for the first month or until interstate teams are allowed in. The fixture could change to home and away matches at suburban grounds after that.

As or if things change that will be the case.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby topshelf » Fri May 08, 2020 3:36 pm

Well that was disappointing, looks like sport wont start any competitions until June 8 with no spectators and no more than ten people can train together until then. Seems strange to me, maybe there is more details to come out about lessoning the restrictions. Almost feels like we have been held back until the other states can get more under control. We are moving faster but i was looking at what the NT have done and thought and still do think. That if we have harder border controls from the eastern states in place, we could've followed closely behind them in what they've done.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri May 08, 2020 3:53 pm

I'd say games are at Adelaide Oval as the staff there are getting paid anyway through Job Keepers so would cost stuff all to open and run.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Bluedemon » Fri May 08, 2020 4:28 pm

topshelf wrote:Well that was disappointing, looks like sport wont start any competitions until June 8 with no spectators and no more than ten people can train together until then. Seems strange to me, maybe there is more details to come out about lessoning the restrictions. Almost feels like we have been held back until the other states can get more under control. We are moving faster but i was looking at what the NT have done and thought and still do think. That if we have harder border controls from the eastern states in place, we could've followed closely behind them in what they've done.

they did say that things will get reviewed in 3 weeks time.

8th June is only 4 weeks away and things will be reviewed every 3 weeks
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby goddy11 » Fri May 08, 2020 4:29 pm

Wedgie wrote:I'd say games are at Adelaide Oval as the staff there are getting paid anyway through Job Keepers so would cost stuff all to open and run.

With you. Cost neutral. Easy to social distance. 2 double headers per weekend.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Bluedemon » Fri May 08, 2020 5:46 pm

SANFL Clubs can start training from Monday 18th May with restrictions
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby goddy11 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:48 pm

https://www.afl.com.au/news/433085/sanf ... or-umpires

THE SANFL will effectively operate as an amateur league this year, with players, coaches and umpires working without payment.

Competition chief executive Jake Parkinson confirmed on Sunday no club would be permitted to pay its players as part of the wider push to ensure clubs survive the global coronavirus pandemic. The only payments they will receive are from the Federal Government's $1500-a-fortnight JobKeeper package.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby heater31 » Sun May 10, 2020 5:32 pm

goddy11 wrote:https://www.afl.com.au/news/433085/sanfl-to-resume-without-payments-to-players-coaches-or-umpires

THE SANFL will effectively operate as an amateur league this year, with players, coaches and umpires working without payment.

Competition chief executive Jake Parkinson confirmed on Sunday no club would be permitted to pay its players as part of the wider push to ensure clubs survive the global coronavirus pandemic. The only payments they will receive are from the Federal Government's $1500-a-fortnight JobKeeper package.
So players will be paying to play. Normally players have deductions taken from their payments
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL