SANFL 2020 Season

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Postby Brett » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:07 pm

Spargo wrote:
mal wrote:At least one high profile SANFL coach tipped to leave

Who would that be @mal?

So who are so called high profile SANFL Coaches.

Centrals coach....No
Sheedy No
Wright ...doubt it
Colville ..No
Grima ..No
Cotton...No
Surjan....maybe high profile
I'd say the highest profile coach is Stone from Glenelg.

Oh well , no point going on about it as we will soon know. ;)
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby DOC » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:03 pm

mal wrote:Marty Mattner to coach ST in 2021 at this stage ?

Salary Cap looks like being set at $200,000 in 2021
Retaining players and coaches may become issues
At least one high profile SANFL coach tipped to leave ...

I wonder if NW premiership coach Ben Warren will be sought after ?

You leave Ben Warren out of this.

But I agree Mattner to coach Sturt next year, Maybe. Perhaps.

Stone to leave Glenelg for an AFL gig in WA.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 732 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Postby blueandwhite » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:14 am

Sturt ..Norwood and Glenelg will be in the market for a new coach next year. One club is already putting out feelers..
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby southernbulldog » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:39 am

So if Norwood or Glenelg finish in the top 4 and one of them goes on to win the flag the coach will still be gone then .Dont think Sturt will make it anyway.
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby blueandwhite » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:38 pm

southernbulldog wrote:So if Norwood or Glenelg finish in the top 4 and one of them goes on to win the flag the coach will still be gone then .Dont think Sturt will make it anyway.

Correct.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Spargo » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:31 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:So if Norwood or Glenelg finish in the top 4 and one of them goes on to win the flag the coach will still be gone then .Dont think Sturt will make it anyway.

Correct.

Good way to go out, back to back ;)
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5486 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mal » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:24 pm

10-1 ST V WA last week[ the point was a rushed behind]
11-14 ST V SA today

WA barrackers : Oh the pain the pain of it all
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1155 times
Been liked: 909 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:14 pm

Glenelg Football Club has been fined following an alleged COVID breach at the premises overnight.

Police became aware of vision on social media which identified a group of around 20 people involved in a function at the premises in the evening of Saturday 5 September.

The vision clearly shows patrons dancing, drinking alcohol while standing and failing to socially distance.

This morning (Sunday 6 September), officers from the Licencing Enforcement Branch met with management and issue a them a $5060 fine.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby heater31 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:22 pm

Wedgie wrote:Glenelg Football Club has been fined following an alleged COVID breach at the premises overnight.

Police became aware of vision on social media which identified a group of around 20 people involved in a function at the premises in the evening of Saturday 5 September.

The vision clearly shows patrons dancing, drinking alcohol while standing and failing to socially distance.

This morning (Sunday 6 September), officers from the Licencing Enforcement Branch met with management and issue a them a $5060 fine.

Ooops!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Spargo » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:49 pm

Premiership odds;

WWT - $1.75
North - $4.00
Glenelg - $5.00
South - $10
Norwood - $21
Sturt - $26

Spargo
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:54 pm

Norwood should be $1021, cant make finals from here
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby knowledge » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:21 am

DOC wrote:
mal wrote:Marty Mattner to coach ST in 2021 at this stage ?

Salary Cap looks like being set at $200,000 in 2021
Retaining players and coaches may become issues
At least one high profile SANFL coach tipped to leave ...

I wonder if NW premiership coach Ben Warren will be sought after ?

You leave Ben Warren out of this.

But I agree Mattner to coach Sturt next year, Maybe. Perhaps.

Stone to leave Glenelg for an AFL gig in WA.

Ben Warren should be a senior coach in my opinion. Whether he wants to is another question.
knowledge
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 74 times

Postby DOC » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:50 am

The South Australian Football Commission is pleased to announce the appointment of experienced business advisor and independent professional director Janet Finlay as a member of the Commission.

A chartered accountant and former partner of Big 4 accounting firm Ernst & Young, Ms Finlay was appointed to the Commission this month on a two-year term.

Ms Finlay has a strong commercial and finance background with extensive experience across a wide range of public, private, international and not-for-profit organisations.

She also holds numerous board roles in South Australia, including with SA Water Corporation, the University of Adelaide, St John Ambulance and Libraries Board of SA.

Commission Chairman Rob Kerin said Ms Finlay’s high-level experience in financial and risk management would be invaluable to the leadership of South Australian football as it continues to face the significant financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Janet brings to the SA Football Commission great knowledge and experience in leadership and strategic thinking. She is accustomed to working in complex and uncertain environments and her insights will contribute greatly to our role to lead, protect and grow football in South Australia,” Mr Kerin said.

Growing up in Canberra where rugby league was the dominant code, Ms Finlay took a keen interest in Australian Rules after moving to South Australia in the early 2000s.

“My husband and I went to a Port Adelaide versus Hawthorn semi-final at ‘Footy Park’ in 2001, knowing not very much about the game or the teams…it was a nail-biter and I was hooked. Unfortunately, Port lost that match but I’ve followed them ever since,” she said.

“I’m passionate about ensuring football is safe, welcoming and inclusive at every level.

“I hope with fresh eyes and a love of the game, together with finance, commercial and governance experience, I can support a sustainable future for football in SA.”

The SA Football Commission comprises seven elected members and two appointed members.

Ms Finlay is an appointed member after Louise Small became an elected Commissioner for a three-year term in March this year.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 732 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Postby PanthersFan » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:17 am

With the weather likely to be quite warm throughout October, are the SANFL considering twilight or night finals? Yes I know it's not traditional and I'm not saying it would be a good or bad idea but I think it's something worth thinking about.
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby goddy11 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:15 pm

PanthersFan wrote:With the weather likely to be quite warm throughout October, are the SANFL considering twilight or night finals? Yes I know it's not traditional and I'm not saying it would be a good or bad idea but I think it's something worth thinking about.

We may have AO to ourselves soon.

Channel 7 has started proceedings to pull out of its deal with Cricket Australia.

Cricket could begin the summer without a free-to-air TV broadcaster after Channel 7 opted to terminate its contract with the game.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/cricket/channe ... 2952da8ae9
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Mr Fuller » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:33 pm

DOC wrote:The South Australian Football Commission is pleased to announce the appointment of experienced business advisor and independent professional director Janet Finlay as a member of the Commission.

A chartered accountant and former partner of Big 4 accounting firm Ernst & Young, Ms Finlay was appointed to the Commission this month on a two-year term.

Ms Finlay has a strong commercial and finance background with extensive experience across a wide range of public, private, international and not-for-profit organisations.

She also holds numerous board roles in South Australia, including with SA Water Corporation, the University of Adelaide, St John Ambulance and Libraries Board of SA.

Commission Chairman Rob Kerin said Ms Finlay’s high-level experience in financial and risk management would be invaluable to the leadership of South Australian football as it continues to face the significant financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Janet brings to the SA Football Commission great knowledge and experience in leadership and strategic thinking. She is accustomed to working in complex and uncertain environments and her insights will contribute greatly to our role to lead, protect and grow football in South Australia,” Mr Kerin said.

Growing up in Canberra where rugby league was the dominant code, Ms Finlay took a keen interest in Australian Rules after moving to South Australia in the early 2000s.

“My husband and I went to a Port Adelaide versus Hawthorn semi-final at ‘Footy Park’ in 2001, knowing not very much about the game or the teams…it was a nail-biter and I was hooked. Unfortunately, Port lost that match but I’ve followed them ever since,” she said.

“I’m passionate about ensuring football is safe, welcoming and inclusive at every level.

“I hope with fresh eyes and a love of the game, together with finance, commercial and governance experience, I can support a sustainable future for football in SA.”

The SA Football Commission comprises seven elected members and two appointed members.

Ms Finlay is an appointed member after Louise Small became an elected Commissioner for a three-year term in March this year.

This should be a given. But I would hope this passion does not distract from what should be her #1 focus which is to ensure that the competition remains strong and competitive and making sure all clubs remain commercially viable.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:49 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:

This should be a given. But I would hope this passion does not distract from what should be her #1 focus which is to ensure that the competition remains strong and competitive and making sure all clubs remain commercially viable.

F*** Me, so basically more concessions for the "special people" that follow the AFL....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:31 am

Premiership odds;

WWT - $1.50
North - $4.00
South - $8.00
Glenelg - $10
Norwood - $21
Sturt - $101

Spargo
Coach

Postby rd » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:48 pm

Spargo wrote:Premiership odds;

WWT - $1.50
North - $4.00
South - $8.00
Glenelg - $10
Norwood - $21
Sturt - $101

Curious as to which site has SANFL odds - neither Sportsbet or TAB have a SANFL market.
rd
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 26 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:03 pm

rd wrote:
Spargo wrote:Premiership odds;

WWT - $1.50
North - $4.00
South - $8.00
Glenelg - $10
Norwood - $21
Sturt - $101

Curious as to which site has SANFL odds - neither Sportsbet or TAB have a SANFL market.

Ladbrokes.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1215 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL