Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: 2020 favorites

Postby am Bays » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:51 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
stampy wrote:i have got a feeling the panfers may give it a big shake

North vs South GF, South's to lose from here

If they dint win it this year they never will. With there ins and other teams outs, may as well shut up shop if they don't win.
Last edited by am Bays on Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Brett » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:17 pm

Which one ?
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Spargo » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:55 pm

Brett wrote:Which one ?

I reckon he’s talking about South.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brett » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:23 pm

They have only added 3 players of note and Rose is not proven at this stage.There 5 losses were all very handy so I dont think they are that much better off .

Coming
Matthew Broadbent (Port Adelaide), Keegan Brooksby (returned/West Coast), James Rose (Sydney Swans/Sturt), Ben Sawford (Glenelg), Tom Highmore (Canberra)

Going
Brad Crabb (retired), Nick Liddle (retired), Abe Davis (Sturt), Emmanuel Irra (Norwood), Mark Noble (Werribee)
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:45 pm

Spargo wrote:
Brett wrote:Which one ?

I reckon he’s talking about South.

South and premierships don’t fit in the same sentence.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Grenville » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:21 pm

Brett wrote:They have only added 3 players of note and Rose is not proven at this stage.There 5 losses were all very handy so I dont think they are that much better off .

Coming
Matthew Broadbent (Port Adelaide), Keegan Brooksby (returned/West Coast), James Rose (Sydney Swans/Sturt), Ben Sawford (Glenelg), Tom Highmore (Canberra)

Going
Brad Crabb (retired), Nick Liddle (retired), Abe Davis (Sturt), Emmanuel Irra (Norwood), Mark Noble (Werribee)

Going
Top notch stalwart, gun, patchy but talented, runs round like a drunken sperm and one I'm not that familiar with.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:01 pm

Not so much 'favourites' but a good article by Zac Milbank, interviewing Jeff Andrews on Central's progress so far:

By ZAC MILBANK

Central District coach Jeff Andrews is challenging his charges physically and mentally as he looks to make speed a key component of his gameplan in 2020.

Now with a firmer grip on his personnel after replacing premiership mentor Roy Laird in October, Andrews put his men through a demanding camp in Victor Harbor on the weekend.

Players were afforded minimal sleep in their swags on the Oval while the extreme humidity, heat and rain gave Andrews the perfect conditions to test the character of his playing group.

Speaking on SANFL Radio, Andrews said creating the testing environment was aimed at having his side in peak condition for the trial match period in March.

Building fitness was also a key component of the Bulldogs session at X Convenience Oval this week as Andrews seeks to make the club’s home venue a ”fortress” again by running the opposition of its feet.

Central’s two star recruits – Daniel Menzel and James Boyd – will also assist with this mandate, with both experienced campaigners looking in fine condition.

Andrews said he plans to use Menzel predominantly in attack with spurts in the centre square while Boyd will use his outstanding aerobic capacity to find the footy at will for the Bulldogs.

Youthful signings Jackson and Ben Kelly – the sons of Brownlow Medallist Paul Kelly – are settling in nicely after relocating from Wagga Wagga, with Andrews suggesting they attack the ball with the same ferocity as their father.

Veteran SANFL 200 Club Members Trent Goodrem and Kyle Jenner are having their training loads managed during summer, with an announcement on the Bulldogs’ leadership group imminent.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby JK » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:05 pm

I know every supporter this time of year has a level of hope for the coming season(s), but I reckon Dogs fans would have to be more optimistic at the moment than they have been for several years? New coach seems to be pushing a good message and a new direction, style, call it what you like must be exciting for Dogs fans.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Brett » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:27 pm

What do camps of this nature prove ? Why have players have minimal sleep , that proves nothing.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:35 pm

Brett wrote:What do camps of this nature prove ? Why have players have minimal sleep , that proves nothing.

It’s all AFL wank.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Brett » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:39 pm

Depriving people of sleep is hardly smart.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:20 pm

JK wrote:I know every supporter this time of year has a level of hope for the coming season(s), but I reckon Dogs fans would have to be more optimistic at the moment than they have been for several years? New coach seems to be pushing a good message and a new direction, style, call it what you like must be exciting for Dogs fans.

Time will tell, my esky-stealing friend.
I do like the recruits though, a distinct emphasis on speed & getting the ball up to the forwards quickly,
seems to be a push toward a more attacking, faster style of play.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Hazydog » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:48 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Brett wrote:What do camps of this nature prove ? Why have players have minimal sleep , that proves nothing.

It’s all AFL wank.

In fairness Footy Clubs were doing pre-season camps in one form or another well before the AFL was spawned...
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:50 pm

The 'minimal sleep' was just Zac's take the interview. During the actual interview, Jeff just said the boys were up bonding late in the night and slept in sleeping bags in the Victor Harbor clubrooms.
With 10 recruits this season, the opportunity to bond and get to know one another was a key reason behind the weekend.
Cheers
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby Hazydog » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:00 pm

JK wrote:I know every supporter this time of year has a level of hope for the coming season(s), but I reckon Dogs fans would have to be more optimistic at the moment than they have been for several years? New coach seems to be pushing a good message and a new direction, style, call it what you like must be exciting for Dogs fans.

Not sure if optimistic is how I feel given we have recruited (in the main) quantity over quality and would appear to be very thin in the ruck/tall forward department. Having said that the gap between state leave and those below probably isn’t what it used to be so a couple of nuggets might be uncovered.
Think I am more intrigued as to how life after Roy evolves -and whether a distinct difference in game plan will be visible from the word go.
Either way - I’m looking forward to seeing a bit of action!
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:00 pm

Hazydog wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

It’s all AFL wank.

In fairness Footy Clubs were doing pre-season camps in one form or another well before the AFL was spawned...

True.
But they were more a bonding and getting pissed type camp.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Brett » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:10 pm

bulldogproud wrote:

The 'minimal sleep' was just Zac's take the interview. During the actual interview, Jeff just said the boys were up bonding late in the night and slept in sleeping bags in the Victor Harbor clubrooms.
With 10 recruits this season, the opportunity to bond and get to know one another was a key reason behind the weekend.
Cheers

Thanks mate. I didnt listen to the Interview as Zac Millbank is annoying as he drags his wooooords out.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:15 pm

Brett wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:

Cheers

Thanks mate. I didnt listen to the Interview as Zac Millbank is annoying as he drags his wooooords out.

Can understand that ;)
Zac is a great guy though; I loved working with him when I took the stats for Champion Data a decade ago.

Cheers
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby Brett » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:56 pm

I am sure he is a great guy .Im sure Walsh is also a great guy . But FFS we have so many annoying "commentators" .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL