Olsen gone finally - Rob Kerin to take over

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Olsen gone finally

Postby Jim05 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:40 pm

Booney wrote:Must have been the same people who conducted the North Melbourne coaching application process.

So he wasn’t the last man standing ;)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Olsen gone finally Replaced by Matthew Duldig

Postby Magellan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:06 pm

Pete Townshend wrote:Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:57 pm

Dutchy wrote:
UK Fan wrote:To be replaced by Matthew Duldlig

who I have been informed would sell out the SANFL if it helps his personal career.

What a ripping bloke. NOT!!!!

Duldig is replacing Kelly, that's the way I read it.

That is correct amended
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Brett » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:34 pm

It seems whenever a change is made at the SANFL , it is greeted with a negative discontent . Is it because most are just negative souls or do you actually know these people ? Is it always that bad ? Im trying to get some balance in this rather than just easy blame . Some of you may not understand this but a few might.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Hazydog » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:43 pm

Brett wrote:It seems whenever a change is made at the SANFL , it is greeted with a negative discontent . Is it because most are just negative souls or do you actually know these people ? Is it always that bad ? Im trying to get some balance in this rather than just easy blame . Some of you may not understand this but a few might.

My skepticism stems from the fact that the job is now clearly seen as a stepping stone to AFL club Administration, as openly celebrated by the CEO and that the previous two holders of the position moved to the Power and Crows respectively, after overseeing what many believe to be more than generous concessions to the two SANFL based AFL Reserve Teams...

Show me someone who puts the SANFL first and doesn’t kowtow to the AFL clubs and I’ll be the first to pat them on the back.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby UK Fan » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:54 pm

Hazydog wrote:
Brett wrote:It seems whenever a change is made at the SANFL , it is greeted with a negative discontent . Is it because most are just negative souls or do you actually know these people ? Is it always that bad ? Im trying to get some balance in this rather than just easy blame . Some of you may not understand this but a few might.

My skepticism stems from the fact that the job is now clearly seen as a stepping stone to AFL club Administration, as openly celebrated by the CEO and that the previous two holders of the position moved to the Power and Crows respectively, after overseeing what many believe to be more than generous concessions to the two SANFL based AFL Reserve Teams...

Show me someone who puts the SANFL first and doesn’t kowtow to the AFL clubs and I’ll be the first to pat them on the back.

And doesn’t use the piss weak excuse When caving to the afl it’s where the money comes from.

An afl club nearly bankrupted footy in this state which seems to be easily forgotten

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Brett » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:19 pm

Hazydog wrote:

I have no problem with someone trying to advance their career which is what may happen. So I disagree with your first point.

I think we should aspire for something better if that is your motivation. Having said that your second point I agree with as that is who you work for so they should put the SANFL first . I think the SANFL as a whole should be standing up but dont and its because the AFL have a hold on them as sorry but its money related . The SANFL lost a huge opportunity when they sold the licences .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:15 am

You can be the best bloke with the best intentions, but if the mantra from within the organisation is that the AFL oversees the SANFL and will provide guidelines and policies for which within they will work, then yes, I'll stay sceptical. That person, no matter how good their integrity and loyalty is, they'll be fighting a losing battle.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Al22 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:35 am

UK Fan wrote:John Olsen standing down finally!!

I wonder if Kevin Scarce is standing down as chair of the Adelaide OVal stadium management authority? John Olsen is deputy chair and couldn't take over while he is part of the SANFL, because the SMA is jointly run by SACA and SANFL. Might make sense if the proposed hotel lease is to be put up for sale.
Al22
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby UK Fan » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:32 am

Duldig already has stated what the SANFL needs now is stability

Ie. AFL reserves teams can’t leave as it could destabilise the comp.

Thanks for nothing Duldig

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:40 am

Good appointment, Rob cares about SANFL & particularly community footy

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Reddeer » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:55 pm

Dutchy wrote:Good appointment, Rob cares about SANFL & particularly community footy

Lets hope so Surely he has to be better for the SANFL than that other mug
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Re: Olsen gone finally - Rob Kerin to take over

Postby Magellan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:35 pm

Hopefully we'll get better results from the former Liberal premier with the Labor-supporter face.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby robranisgod » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:45 am

Magellan wrote:Hopefully we'll get better results from the former Liberal premier with the Labor-supporter face.

A crook replaced by a drunk.
Bye bye Bobo.
At the 2018 premiership celebrations Kero certainly was b.o.g. and he isn't even a Rooster supporter.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby stan » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:19 am

Reddeer wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Good appointment, Rob cares about SANFL & particularly community footy

Lets hope so Surely he has to be better for the SANFL than that other mug
Let's hope he is sober enough for long enough to do the job.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby tigerpie » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:33 pm

What's the fascination with liberal pollies at the sanfl.
Is it in the constitution or something. Surely there's other worthy candidates?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby DOC » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:08 pm

Smithson has it wrong.

He is not running the SANFL.

He is on the commission.

They do nothing.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:19 am

robranisgod wrote:
Magellan wrote:Hopefully we'll get better results from the former Liberal premier with the Labor-supporter face.

Bye bye Bobo.
At the 2018 premiership celebrations Kero certainly was b.o.g. and he isn't even a Rooster supporter.

***BREAKING*** Guy gets pissed at a footy club premiership celebration.... :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby JK » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:38 pm

Dutchy wrote:
robranisgod wrote:

Bye bye Bobo.

***BREAKING*** Guy gets pissed at a footy club premiership celebration.... :lol:

Real supporters get pissed well before the celebrations begin ..
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:35 pm

The South Australian Football Commission is pleased to announce the appointment of experienced business advisor and independent professional director Janet Finlay as a member of the Commission.

A chartered accountant and former partner of Big 4 accounting firm Ernst & Young, Ms Finlay was appointed to the Commission this month on a two-year term.

Ms Finlay has a strong commercial and finance background with extensive experience across a wide range of public, private, international and not-for-profit organisations.

She also holds numerous board roles in South Australia, including with SA Water Corporation, the University of Adelaide, St John Ambulance and Libraries Board of SA.

Commission Chairman Rob Kerin said Ms Finlay’s high-level experience in financial and risk management would be invaluable to the leadership of South Australian football as it continues to face the significant financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Janet brings to the SA Football Commission great knowledge and experience in leadership and strategic thinking. She is accustomed to working in complex and uncertain environments and her insights will contribute greatly to our role to lead, protect and grow football in South Australia,” Mr Kerin said.

Growing up in Canberra where rugby league was the dominant code, Ms Finlay took a keen interest in Australian Rules after moving to South Australia in the early 2000s.

“My husband and I went to a Port Adelaide versus Hawthorn semi-final at ‘Footy Park’ in 2001, knowing not very much about the game or the teams…it was a nail-biter and I was hooked. Unfortunately, Port lost that match but I’ve followed them ever since,” she said.

“I’m passionate about ensuring football is safe, welcoming and inclusive at every level.

“I hope with fresh eyes and a love of the game, together with finance, commercial and governance experience, I can support a sustainable future for football in SA.”

The SA Football Commission comprises seven elected members and two appointed members.

Ms Finlay is an appointed member after Louise Small became an elected Commissioner for a three-year term in March this year.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL