Olsen gone finally

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Olsen gone finally

Postby Jim05 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:40 pm

Booney wrote:Must have been the same people who conducted the North Melbourne coaching application process.

So he wasn’t the last man standing ;)
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40728
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1076 times
Been liked: 2507 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Olsen gone finally Replaced by Matthew Duldig

Postby Magellan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:06 pm

Pete Townshend wrote:Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Magellan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4716
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:04 pm
Has liked: 430 times
Been liked: 1151 times

Re: Olsen gone finally

Postby UK Fan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:57 pm

Dutchy wrote:
UK Fan wrote:To be replaced by Matthew Duldlig

who I have been informed would sell out the SANFL if it helps his personal career.

What a ripping bloke. NOT!!!!


Duldig is replacing Kelly, that's the way I read it.



That is correct amended
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!



MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.


Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.


THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4452
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am
Has liked: 797 times
Been liked: 265 times

Re: Olsen gone finally

Postby Brett » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:34 pm

It seems whenever a change is made at the SANFL , it is greeted with a negative discontent . Is it because most are just negative souls or do you actually know these people ? Is it always that bad ? Im trying to get some balance in this rather than just easy blame . Some of you may not understand this but a few might.
Brett
Under 18s
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:37 pm
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Olsen gone finally

Postby Hazydog » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:43 pm

Brett wrote:It seems whenever a change is made at the SANFL , it is greeted with a negative discontent . Is it because most are just negative souls or do you actually know these people ? Is it always that bad ? Im trying to get some balance in this rather than just easy blame . Some of you may not understand this but a few might.


My skepticism stems from the fact that the job is now clearly seen as a stepping stone to AFL club Administration, as openly celebrated by the CEO and that the previous two holders of the position moved to the Power and Crows respectively, after overseeing what many believe to be more than generous concessions to the two SANFL based AFL Reserve Teams...

Show me someone who puts the SANFL first and doesn’t kowtow to the AFL clubs and I’ll be the first to pat them on the back.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
User avatar
Hazydog
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: Paralowie
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 70 times

Re: Olsen gone finally

Postby UK Fan » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:54 pm

Hazydog wrote:
Brett wrote:It seems whenever a change is made at the SANFL , it is greeted with a negative discontent . Is it because most are just negative souls or do you actually know these people ? Is it always that bad ? Im trying to get some balance in this rather than just easy blame . Some of you may not understand this but a few might.


My skepticism stems from the fact that the job is now clearly seen as a stepping stone to AFL club Administration, as openly celebrated by the CEO and that the previous two holders of the position moved to the Power and Crows respectively, after overseeing what many believe to be more than generous concessions to the two SANFL based AFL Reserve Teams...

Show me someone who puts the SANFL first and doesn’t kowtow to the AFL clubs and I’ll be the first to pat them on the back.


And doesn’t use the piss weak excuse When caving to the afl it’s where the money comes from.

An afl club nearly bankrupted footy in this state which seems to be easily forgotten
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!



MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.


Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.


THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4452
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am
Has liked: 797 times
Been liked: 265 times

Re: Olsen gone finally

Postby Brett » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:19 pm

Hazydog wrote:
Brett wrote:It seems whenever a change is made at the SANFL , it is greeted with a negative discontent . Is it because most are just negative souls or do you actually know these people ? Is it always that bad ? Im trying to get some balance in this rather than just easy blame . Some of you may not understand this but a few might.


My skepticism stems from the fact that the job is now clearly seen as a stepping stone to AFL club Administration, as openly celebrated by the CEO and that the previous two holders of the position moved to the Power and Crows respectively, after overseeing what many believe to be more than generous concessions to the two SANFL based AFL Reserve Teams...

Show me someone who puts the SANFL first and doesn’t kowtow to the AFL clubs and I’ll be the first to pat them on the back.


I have no problem with someone trying to advance their career which is what may happen. So I disagree with your first point.

I think we should aspire for something better if that is your motivation. Having said that your second point I agree with as that is who you work for so they should put the SANFL first . I think the SANFL as a whole should be standing up but dont and its because the AFL have a hold on them as sorry but its money related . The SANFL lost a huge opportunity when they sold the licences .
Brett
Under 18s
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:37 pm
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Olsen gone finally

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:15 am

Brett wrote:It seems whenever a change is made at the SANFL , it is greeted with a negative discontent . Is it because most are just negative souls or do you actually know these people ? Is it always that bad ? Im trying to get some balance in this rather than just easy blame . Some of you may not understand this but a few might.


You can be the best bloke with the best intentions, but if the mantra from within the organisation is that the AFL oversees the SANFL and will provide guidelines and policies for which within they will work, then yes, I'll stay sceptical. That person, no matter how good their integrity and loyalty is, they'll be fighting a losing battle.
User avatar
gadj1976
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7320
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Sleeping on a park bench outside Princes Park
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 448 times

Re: Olsen gone finally

Postby Al22 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:35 am

UK Fan wrote:John Olsen standing down finally!!


I wonder if Kevin Scarce is standing down as chair of the Adelaide OVal stadium management authority? John Olsen is deputy chair and couldn't take over while he is part of the SANFL, because the SMA is jointly run by SACA and SANFL. Might make sense if the proposed hotel lease is to be put up for sale.
Al22
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:04 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Olsen gone finally

Postby UK Fan » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:32 am

Duldig already has stated what the SANFL needs now is stability

Ie. AFL reserves teams can’t leave as it could destabilise the comp.

Thanks for nothing Duldig
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!



MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.


Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.


THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4452
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am
Has liked: 797 times
Been liked: 265 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests