Round 2 South v Glenelg

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 2 South v Glenelg

Postby am Bays » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:18 am

Pseudo wrote:
southee wrote:Hope it gives our young players some confidence in knowing they can take it right up to last years premiers.

Don't sell your mob short. They did not just take it up to last years premiers; they taught Glenelg a football lesson. They were dominant, winning every contest, beating Glenelg to every loose ball, doing to Glenelg what they had done to South for three quarters, only thoroughly.

I have never felt as deflated after a win.

Yep we went away from all that we know that works (Actually reminded me of the last 10 mins of the first and 1st 15 mins of the 2nd qtr lst week)

We were weren't going through the ball at the contest, lifting our heads before taking possession, ball chasing and getting caught on the outside, panicking with our disposal, not playing in front.

We'll take the win.

As Hannath was winning tap after tap yesterday I did think Hmm if Brooksby was here this game would be all over as Hannath gave us so much first use in the 1st three qtrs.

I'd go as far to say if Brooksby was here South would be on the first line of betting to break the 56 year drought.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Re: Round 2 South v Glenelg

Postby blueandwhite » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:51 am

am Bays wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
southee wrote:Hope it gives our young players some confidence in knowing they can take it right up to last years premiers.

Don't sell your mob short. They did not just take it up to last years premiers; they taught Glenelg a football lesson. They were dominant, winning every contest, beating Glenelg to every loose ball, doing to Glenelg what they had done to South for three quarters, only thoroughly.

I have never felt as deflated after a win.

Yep we went away from all that we know that works (Actually reminded me of the last 10 mins of the first and 1st 15 mins of the 2nd qtr lst week)

We were weren't going through the ball at the contest, lifting our heads before taking possession, ball chasing and getting caught on the outside, panicking with our disposal, not playing in front.

We'll take the win.

As Hannath was winning tap after tap yesterday I did think Hmm if Brooksby was here this game would be all over as Hannath gave us so much first use in the 1st three qtrs.

I'd go as far to say if Brooksby was here South would be on the first line of betting to break the 56 year drought.

I think you would be right there.... :roll:
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL