southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 241 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Re: Round 2 West Adelaide v Central District

Postby Groucho » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:47 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
northerner wrote:The Dogs had 7 replacements from Round One and a new coaching emphasis that they are adjusting too.
Plus a whole bunch of kids who are doing well, but are inconsistent as is to be expected with the youth.
Getting smashed in the clearances over the first two matches (lots of smaller frames), but look to be good on the break.

A few returning this week, depth isn't an issue. Just the experienced performers. Damn, we could have been a threat with Menzels and Butch up fwd.

Agreed, there were lots of positives to take out of yesterday. We could have easily given the game up after being 39 points down early, or 30 points down in time-on in the third, or after West kicked the first goal of the last quarter. Our boys have fight and spirit, and that is great to see!
The performance of Nick Lange over the first two weeks has been fantastic and Butch looked like a man with a lot still to offer. Our Ressies are unbeaten; from that team we have our two Victorian recruits (Wilde and Toner) now available and getting match fitness and Travis is now ready for league action. Btw, does anyone know who number 63 was for our Ressies? A very tall player who was not named in the budget. His height could be useful in weeks to come.
Cheers

I think it was Damon Robinson who usually wears no. 33. He was listed as a goal kicker in this morning's The Advertiser sports digest page 48.
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:48 pm

southernbulldog wrote:Had to go to SANFL website for reserves details

Yeah I went on there too and no stats. Just the scores.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby bulldogproud » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:59 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:
northerner wrote:The Dogs had 7 replacements from Round One and a new coaching emphasis that they are adjusting too.
Plus a whole bunch of kids who are doing well, but are inconsistent as is to be expected with the youth.
Getting smashed in the clearances over the first two matches (lots of smaller frames), but look to be good on the break.

A few returning this week, depth isn't an issue. Just the experienced performers. Damn, we could have been a threat with Menzels and Butch up fwd.

Agreed, there were lots of positives to take out of yesterday. We could have easily given the game up after being 39 points down early, or 30 points down in time-on in the third, or after West kicked the first goal of the last quarter. Our boys have fight and spirit, and that is great to see!
The performance of Nick Lange over the first two weeks has been fantastic and Butch looked like a man with a lot still to offer. Our Ressies are unbeaten; from that team we have our two Victorian recruits (Wilde and Toner) now available and getting match fitness and Travis is now ready for league action. Btw, does anyone know who number 63 was for our Ressies? A very tall player who was not named in the budget. His height could be useful in weeks to come.
Cheers

where can you get access to the reserves best players and goal kickers? I used to go on Central's website but they don't have that info on there this year for some reason.

I am pretty sure a Match Report will be available on the website in a day or so.
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby bulldogproud » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:03 pm

Groucho wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:

Cheers

Gee, how bad is my eyesight?? Damo used to be a student of mine at Iggies.. I should have realised it was him :shock: Guess it is time for me to become an umpire ;)
Cheers and thanks

I think it was Damon Robinson who usually wears no. 33. He was listed as a goal kicker in this morning's The Advertiser sports digest page 48.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby southernbulldog » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:14 pm

Go onto the SANFL website and look on Statewide league wraps Sunday scroll down to best players tag
that will take you through to scores.in the black section click on white down arrow which will bring up reserves
the scores will appear then click on match centre which will give details,

Hope that helps
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 241 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Hazydog » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:29 pm

I watched most of the reserves on the digital pass and for what is worth thought Fort and Gillard were really strong contributors for us. Wild ended up playing at FF and kicked 4 and Toner looks to be exactly what we need on ball being a strong, direct and quick off the mark type. Assume Trav was rested in the last but he was his usual self, Milne kicked a couple and got involved and Burton stood out as a clean distributor. Ari Rigneys forward pressure was also really noticeable.
Also really liked some of Robinson’s Ariel work- I think we could really use that in the A’s tbh...
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 191 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL