Paul Thomas to Coach the Dogs

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Paul Thomas to Coach the Dogs

Postby wild dog » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:48 pm

Congratulations to Paul Thomas as the new coach of Central District Football Club.

An absolute brilliant appointment, Paul was brought up at the club with his Dad being a hard at it Dogs legend, had a long and distinguished SANFL playing career and has gone on to forge a credentialed coaching resume outside of the club. A true hard at it, working class career thus far that only those originating from the Northern Suburbs can truly understand. Be it supporters, fellow players, team mates, students, ex coaches or administrators, Paul has earnt their respect.

Well done to the Club on the appointment.

https://cdfc.com.au/news/paul-thomas-to-coach-the-dogs/
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Re: Paul Thomas to Coach the Dogs

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:11 pm

I love the thought of Thommo being the clubs next premiership coach.

I’m the first to admit I would have liked the club to persist with the outsider option longer but that obviously made them to uncomfortable. I also get nervous when people think having a legend coach automatically means good results and they will be as good a coach as a player. People also thought replacing Laird was going to automatically mean more wins.

Thommos record as a player both with his accolades and the way he went about his football and committed to training just demands ultimate respect. If the players start the ‘we don’t like the coach’ for a third time they should all be sacked.

Regardless of results in 2021 I think the club just have to stick with Thommo for a 3 year period, if he is the man give him a real shot at it.

We should be aiming to play finals in 2021 as the measurement of success
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: Paul Thomas to Coach the Dogs

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:08 pm

The fact that Thommo did things the hard way will really sink in with the players,
he wasn't a naturally talented player, his success came from nose to the wheel, yard yakka,
this ethos should rub off on the players.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Board index   Football  SANFL