2021 SANFL Salary Cap

All discussions to do with the SANFL

2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby knowledge » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:05 pm

knowledge
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:41 am
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:09 pm

Disappointing, understand that some reduction needed to be made, but nearly half?

Especially when there will be some talent both on and off the field available coming out of the AFL system, 2021 is a huge opportunity for the SANFL to stand tall as the premier 2nd tier comp and viable option for all players that don't make the big dance.
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 42552
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1875 times
Been liked: 2856 times

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby beef » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:12 pm

Did the sanfl make this decision though?
User avatar
beef
League - Best 21
 
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 236 times

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:58 pm

so lets say a finalist plays 20 games.
the top 5 players get 1k a game thats 100k
Leaves 17 players for the last 110k which equals 323 per game.

From that either the top players wont be earning 1k a game or there is going to be alot of players heading to other leagues. Lucky there is a point system in place for all amateur comps, that may stop the drain as nobody will have room for all the players that want to give the SANFL away.
It will be a league for 19 and 20 yr olds who still have AFL aspirations and delisted 23 or 24 yr old who wants to get back into the AFL. Once that dream is over there will be no incentive to stay in the SANFL when you can go to the country and get 1-2k per game and train once per week.

Anybody think the Crows will still pay 50k or one quarter of every clubs salary cap?????? I think we all know the answer to that
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11139
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 2271 times
Been liked: 1569 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Jackal1 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:07 pm

it will make recruiting established players from interstate or ex AFL almost impossible if each club plays within the rules.
Jackal1
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:10 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 17 times

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:15 pm

Ridiculous decision

I get clubs are having to be cautious but all this will do is see more players leave for country comps. In turn the secondary consequences will make it harder for clubs to survive
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 24713
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 4619 times
Been liked: 2032 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:24 pm

daysofourlives wrote:so lets say a finalist plays 20 games.
the top 5 players get 1k a game thats 100k
Leaves 17 players for the last 110k which equals 323 per game.

From that either the top players wont be earning 1k a game or there is going to be alot of players heading to other leagues. Lucky there is a point system in place for all amateur comps, that may stop the drain as nobody will have room for all the players that want to give the SANFL away.
It will be a league for 19 and 20 yr olds who still have AFL aspirations and delisted 23 or 24 yr old who wants to get back into the AFL. Once that dream is over there will be no incentive to stay in the SANFL when you can go to the country and get 1-2k per game and train once per week.

Anybody think the Crows will still pay 50k or one quarter of every clubs salary cap?????? I think we all know the answer to that


Country and Ammo clubs have a reduced cap of $2500, so doubt any player will be getting $1500 to $2000 a game from now on. Why there seems to be a lot more player coaches being appointed, maybe a way around this. Clubs that love the brown paper bags will hopefully be dobbed in so the fear of getting caught and getting heavy penalties stop this practice also.
Eagles2014
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2800
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 378 times

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby beef » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:12 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:so lets say a finalist plays 20 games.
the top 5 players get 1k a game thats 100k
Leaves 17 players for the last 110k which equals 323 per game.

From that either the top players wont be earning 1k a game or there is going to be alot of players heading to other leagues. Lucky there is a point system in place for all amateur comps, that may stop the drain as nobody will have room for all the players that want to give the SANFL away.
It will be a league for 19 and 20 yr olds who still have AFL aspirations and delisted 23 or 24 yr old who wants to get back into the AFL. Once that dream is over there will be no incentive to stay in the SANFL when you can go to the country and get 1-2k per game and train once per week.

Anybody think the Crows will still pay 50k or one quarter of every clubs salary cap?????? I think we all know the answer to that


Country and Ammo clubs have a reduced cap of $2500, so doubt any player will be getting $1500 to $2000 a game from now on. Why there seems to be a lot more player coaches being appointed, maybe a way around this. Clubs that love the brown paper bags will hopefully be dobbed in so the fear of getting caught and getting heavy penalties stop this practice also.

You live in fantasy land if you think this is going to stop country clubs. Cashed up and spending big dollars next season. No one is being cautious and throwing money everywhere. No reason for anyone to play sanfl reserves.
User avatar
beef
League - Best 21
 
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 236 times

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:57 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:so lets say a finalist plays 20 games.
the top 5 players get 1k a game thats 100k
Leaves 17 players for the last 110k which equals 323 per game.

From that either the top players wont be earning 1k a game or there is going to be alot of players heading to other leagues. Lucky there is a point system in place for all amateur comps, that may stop the drain as nobody will have room for all the players that want to give the SANFL away.
It will be a league for 19 and 20 yr olds who still have AFL aspirations and delisted 23 or 24 yr old who wants to get back into the AFL. Once that dream is over there will be no incentive to stay in the SANFL when you can go to the country and get 1-2k per game and train once per week.

Anybody think the Crows will still pay 50k or one quarter of every clubs salary cap?????? I think we all know the answer to that


Country and Ammo clubs have a reduced cap of $2500, so doubt any player will be getting $1500 to $2000 a game from now on. Why there seems to be a lot more player coaches being appointed, maybe a way around this. Clubs that love the brown paper bags will hopefully be dobbed in so the fear of getting caught and getting heavy penalties stop this practice also.


Funniest thing ive read on here for awhile, its up there with all the i stand with dan muppets who think he saved them from this highly deadly virus.
There is no fear, they know they cant be caught, much like the fines for breaking covid "rules", they are not laws. Third party payments are within the rules.
The SANFL clubs with money will dominate the comp now, the Norwoods of the world will struggle to print enough paper bags to keep up with demand
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11139
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 2271 times
Been liked: 1569 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:30 pm

Well Daisy and Beef, we will just have to wait and see. With Job Keeper being paid till end of March to the majority of SANFL players, doubt there will be a mass exodus of players in 2021. Then they put the salary cap back for 2022. So clubs will make sure all these players have signed contracts for next year, or they will cease their Job Keeper payments. That’s their plan anyway, and think they have it spot on. The sooner country clubs and Ammo clubs are stopped from wasting ridiculous amounts of money on spud players the better!
Eagles2014
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2800
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 378 times

2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Jim05 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:34 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:Well Daisy and Beef, we will just have to wait and see. With Job Keeper being paid till end of March to the majority of SANFL players, doubt there will be a mass exodus of players in 2021. Then they put the salary cap back for 2022. So clubs will make sure all these players have signed contracts for next year, or they will cease their Job Keeper payments. That’s their plan anyway, and think they have it spot on. The sooner country clubs and Ammo clubs are stopped from wasting ridiculous amounts of money on spud players the better!
Who are you to tell people what to do with their money. If club sponsors or supporters want to tip in money or give them jobs good on them
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45136
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1116 times
Been liked: 3125 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Mr Fuller » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:59 pm

The SANFL clearly has a low opinion of clubs and their ability to manage their own affairs.

They treat the clubs like toddlers.

Very short-sighted decision and only speeds up the death spiral.
Mr Fuller
Reserves
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:16 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 115 times

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:54 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Well Daisy and Beef, we will just have to wait and see. With Job Keeper being paid till end of March to the majority of SANFL players, doubt there will be a mass exodus of players in 2021. Then they put the salary cap back for 2022. So clubs will make sure all these players have signed contracts for next year, or they will cease their Job Keeper payments. That’s their plan anyway, and think they have it spot on. The sooner country clubs and Ammo clubs are stopped from wasting ridiculous amounts of money on spud players the better!
Who are you to tell people what to do with their money. If club sponsors or supporters want to tip in money or give them jobs good on them


Sick of listening to Clubs whinging and complaining about how tough things are, but then waste $1500 a game on a spud who couldn’t even make it at SANFL Reserves level!! Honestly couldn’t give a crap if Clubs want to do that, sure Sponsors would be rapt their money went to these over paid duds to finish a creditable 6th :shock: More money than sense by the sounds of it!
Eagles2014
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2800
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 378 times

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:57 am

Jim05 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Well Daisy and Beef, we will just have to wait and see. With Job Keeper being paid till end of March to the majority of SANFL players, doubt there will be a mass exodus of players in 2021. Then they put the salary cap back for 2022. So clubs will make sure all these players have signed contracts for next year, or they will cease their Job Keeper payments. That’s their plan anyway, and think they have it spot on. The sooner country clubs and Ammo clubs are stopped from wasting ridiculous amounts of money on spud players the better!
Who are you to tell people what to do with their money. If club sponsors or supporters want to tip in money or give them jobs good on them


I definitely get that point of view.

My biggest issue is if you can find sponsorship / supporters who are willing to chip thousands on thousands a year to pay Joe Bloggs $750 a game to win an a grade footy much should you still be eligible to receive the millions of community dollars that is available in grants.

I find it somewhat morale uneven that a lot of small not for profit organisations/community groups/commitees need to compete with sporting clubs for lucrative grant funding whilst they are finding $10k-$100k a year to pay players.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 24713
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 4619 times
Been liked: 2032 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:22 pm

whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Well Daisy and Beef, we will just have to wait and see. With Job Keeper being paid till end of March to the majority of SANFL players, doubt there will be a mass exodus of players in 2021. Then they put the salary cap back for 2022. So clubs will make sure all these players have signed contracts for next year, or they will cease their Job Keeper payments. That’s their plan anyway, and think they have it spot on. The sooner country clubs and Ammo clubs are stopped from wasting ridiculous amounts of money on spud players the better!
Who are you to tell people what to do with their money. If club sponsors or supporters want to tip in money or give them jobs good on them


I definitely get that point of view.

My biggest issue is if you can find sponsorship / supporters who are willing to chip thousands on thousands a year to pay Joe Bloggs $750 a game to win an a grade footy much should you still be eligible to receive the millions of community dollars that is available in grants.

I find it somewhat morale uneven that a lot of small not for profit organisations/community groups/commitees need to compete with sporting clubs for lucrative grant funding whilst they are finding $10k-$100k a year to pay players.


I have a similar view about being asked to contribute to serious injuries
Some clubs will pay a massive amount of money to players and then only buy the absolute minimum Personal Accident insurance cover. Player gets badly hurt and out goes the call to help him/her out financially. I think the annual cost to upgrade to Platinum is less than a weeks player salary bill
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12780
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 573 times
Been liked: 867 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:31 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Well Daisy and Beef, we will just have to wait and see. With Job Keeper being paid till end of March to the majority of SANFL players, doubt there will be a mass exodus of players in 2021. Then they put the salary cap back for 2022. So clubs will make sure all these players have signed contracts for next year, or they will cease their Job Keeper payments. That’s their plan anyway, and think they have it spot on. The sooner country clubs and Ammo clubs are stopped from wasting ridiculous amounts of money on spud players the better!
Who are you to tell people what to do with their money. If club sponsors or supporters want to tip in money or give them jobs good on them


I definitely get that point of view.

My biggest issue is if you can find sponsorship / supporters who are willing to chip thousands on thousands a year to pay Joe Bloggs $750 a game to win an a grade footy much should you still be eligible to receive the millions of community dollars that is available in grants.

I find it somewhat morale uneven that a lot of small not for profit organisations/community groups/commitees need to compete with sporting clubs for lucrative grant funding whilst they are finding $10k-$100k a year to pay players.


I have a similar view about being asked to contribute to serious injuries
Some clubs will pay a massive amount of money to players and then only buy the absolute minimum Personal Accident insurance cover. Player gets badly hurt and out goes the call to help him/her out financially. I think the annual cost to upgrade to Platinum is less than a weeks player salary bill


Yeah the lines between hobby and place of work are getting very blurred due to the amount of money on offer to play.

I struggle to see how you can pay up to and maybe more than $100k a year (im not in the know on exact figures) and still claim your not for profit eligibility, given that you are titled an 'amateur sporting club'

Anyways im just bitter I don't have the ability to earn that kind of money from sport and Ive had grant applications rejected :)
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 24713
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 4619 times
Been liked: 2032 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:15 pm

whufc wrote:
Yeah the lines between hobby and place of work are getting very blurred due to the amount of money on offer to play.

I struggle to see how you can pay up to and maybe more than $100k a year (im not in the know on exact figures) and still claim your not for profit eligibility, given that you are titled an 'amateur sporting club'

Anyways im just bitter I don't have the ability to earn that kind of money from sport and Ive had grant applications rejected :)


Footy clubs are generally Associated incorporations, income is allowed to be spent on the goals of the association. not for profit has little to do with anything.
User avatar
Mr Beefy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4812
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 599 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby goddy11 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:44 pm

daysofourlives wrote:so lets say a finalist plays 20 games.
the top 5 players get 1k a game thats 100k
Leaves 17 players for the last 110k which equals 323 per game.

From that either the top players wont be earning 1k a game or there is going to be alot of players heading to other leagues. Lucky there is a point system in place for all amateur comps, that may stop the drain as nobody will have room for all the players that want to give the SANFL away.
It will be a league for 19 and 20 yr olds who still have AFL aspirations and delisted 23 or 24 yr old who wants to get back into the AFL. Once that dream is over there will be no incentive to stay in the SANFL when you can go to the country and get 1-2k per game and train once per week.

Anybody think the Crows will still pay 50k or one quarter of every clubs salary cap?????? I think we all know the answer to that

Dont forget PA. The days of the Power getting a free lunch must be over.
User avatar
goddy11
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:35 pm
Has liked: 443 times
Been liked: 185 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Aerie » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:12 pm

Which clubs can only afford the $210k salary cap?

Which clubs could afford $400k, as it was?

Which clubs could afford more?
User avatar
Aerie
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5297
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:05 am
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 386 times

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Reddeer » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:35 pm

and so I ask again. Where have all the funds from the sale of football park gone. Not to clubs but into the pockets of the clowns running the show I bet
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:32 pm
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dogs64 and 17 guests