2021 SANFL Salary Cap

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby DOC » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:22 pm

Panther Pack wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Will the salary cap go up for next season or 2023?
I thought the SANFL made heaps of money selling footy Park does anyone know what happened to that money?
Does channel 7 pay the SANFL any money for showing the games or is it essentially free advertising?

No. Excluding the AFL clubs 7/8 of the SANFL clubs can't afford for it to go back to what it was.


Which club can afford it?


US
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14655
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 484 times
Been liked: 1584 times

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:38 pm

I'm pretty sure that Glenelg couldn't, they still owe a cuppla mill.
We can,
gazzamagoo
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Spargo » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:22 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:I'm pretty sure that Glenelg couldn't, they still owe a cuppla mill.
We can,

We’re fine too, thanks all the same.
Last edited by Spargo on Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14208
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 4530 times
Been liked: 4433 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Spargo » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:23 pm

DOC wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Will the salary cap go up for next season or 2023?
I thought the SANFL made heaps of money selling footy Park does anyone know what happened to that money?
Does channel 7 pay the SANFL any money for showing the games or is it essentially free advertising?

No. Excluding the AFL clubs 7/8 of the SANFL clubs can't afford for it to go back to what it was.


Which club can afford it?


US

Hmmm…
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14208
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 4530 times
Been liked: 4433 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby JK » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:32 am

Wedgie wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Will the salary cap go up for next season or 2023?
I thought the SANFL made heaps of money selling footy Park does anyone know what happened to that money?
Does channel 7 pay the SANFL any money for showing the games or is it essentially free advertising?

No. Excluding the AFL clubs 7/8 of the SANFL clubs can't afford for it to go back to what it was.


From what you hear (from those that should know), 6/8 claim they couldn't .. My understanding (happy to be corrected) is North could comfortably, Norwood probably could, then it gets a bit murky
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 36901
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 4103 times
Been liked: 2729 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Panther Pack » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:41 am

Thanks everyone.

Does the SANFL get any money from channel 7 to show the games?
User avatar
Panther Pack
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:28 am
Location: Jimmy Dean's
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 131 times

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:32 am

Spargo wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:I'm pretty sure that Glenelg couldn't, they still owe a cuppla mill.
We can,

We’re fine too, thanks all the same.

Even though you owe over $2million still?
gazzamagoo
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Pseudo » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:28 am

Panther Pack wrote:Thanks everyone.

Does the SANFL get any money from channel 7 to show the games?

No, the SANFL pays seven for the privilege of being told how and when to schedule its games to best work around seven's other-league coverage.

The horse is not only behind the cart, it's several miles away grazing on a hillside while the cart goes nowhere.
Last edited by Pseudo on Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
User avatar
Pseudo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11257
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am
Location: enculez-vous
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1349 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby UK Fan » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:56 am

Sanfl clubs make millions in revenue how can’t They afford $400k ???

How can sanfl coaches still be on in excess of $100k but you can’t spend more than $200k on your players.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!



MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.


Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.


THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4982
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am
Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 392 times

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:58 am

UK Fan wrote:Sanfl clubs make millions in revenue how can’t They afford $400k ???

How can sanfl coaches still be on in excess of $100k but you can’t spend more than $200k on your players.



I guess if SANFL clubs advertised for an A grade coach & the salary was $50,000, we'd get blokes from the ammos or worse.
gazzamagoo
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby whybother » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:46 am

The Eagles got a coach from the "ammos" and that worked out OK
whybother
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:16 am
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:58 am

whybother wrote:The Eagles got a coach from the "ammos" and that worked out OK


Plus a star-studded team, that helps.
gazzamagoo
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Mr Fuller » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:43 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
whybother wrote:The Eagles got a coach from the "ammos" and that worked out OK


Plus a star-studded team, that helps.


Sometimes I think these expensive coaches that come out of the AFL system have these overly complex strategies that they try to implement on a bunch of players who spend only a fraction of their time training and playing compared to their AFL peers. The team often struggles to get good results.

At the Eagles I compare Lonnergan (our former coach) to Sheedy. Having a simpler, less complex game plan works.
Mr Fuller
Reserves
 
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:16 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 115 times

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:54 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Sanfl clubs make millions in revenue how can’t They afford $400k ???

How can sanfl coaches still be on in excess of $100k but you can’t spend more than $200k on your players.



I guess if SANFL clubs advertised for an A grade coach & the salary was $50,000, we'd get blokes from the ammos or worse.


Hi!!!!!! :-BD

Image
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12772
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 573 times
Been liked: 866 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Panther Pack » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:48 am

Has all the money from the sale of the footy park land been spent or will the clubs receive more?
User avatar
Panther Pack
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:28 am
Location: Jimmy Dean's
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 131 times

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Reddeer » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:50 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Has all the money from the sale of the footy park land been spent or will the clubs receive more?

iT IS BEING SPENT ON THE FATCT HEIRACHY AND THEIR SILVER SPOON EXISTANCE AT ADELAIDE OVAL. DRIBBLE THE REST TO THE CLUBS OVER YEARS NOT ONLY SHONCKY BUT CRIMINAL
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:32 pm
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby blueandwhite » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:18 pm

Reddeer wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Has all the money from the sale of the footy park land been spent or will the clubs receive more?

iT IS BEING SPENT ON THE FATCT HEIRACHY AND THEIR SILVER SPOON EXISTANCE AT ADELAIDE OVAL. DRIBBLE THE REST TO THE CLUBS OVER YEARS NOT ONLY SHONCKY BUT CRIMINAL


I believe there is one more dividend to be paid to the clubs from the sale of Football Park.The dividend is paid to the clubs from the SANFL on the proviso that the money is used to pay down debt, only.
Quite a few clubs have been in financial difficulties with Covid etc.... This dividend has been the difference between some clubs sinking and swimming.
Now is the time for clubs to get their s--t together and come up with a business plan that will work, post dividend.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
User avatar
blueandwhite
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1560
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Cloney Harp
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 206 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Panther Pack » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:03 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
Reddeer wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Has all the money from the sale of the footy park land been spent or will the clubs receive more?

iT IS BEING SPENT ON THE FATCT HEIRACHY AND THEIR SILVER SPOON EXISTANCE AT ADELAIDE OVAL. DRIBBLE THE REST TO THE CLUBS OVER YEARS NOT ONLY SHONCKY BUT CRIMINAL


I believe there is one more dividend to be paid to the clubs from the sale of Football Park.The dividend is paid to the clubs from the SANFL on the proviso that the money is used to pay down debt, only.
Quite a few clubs have been in financial difficulties with Covid etc.... This dividend has been the difference between some clubs sinking and swimming.
Now is the time for clubs to get their s--t together and come up with a business plan that will work, post dividend.


Hey blueandwhite do you know how debt South is in? Are we in big trouble finance wise or are we doing ok?
User avatar
Panther Pack
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:28 am
Location: Jimmy Dean's
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 131 times

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Aerie » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:11 pm

Either find a time of year where the SANFL is not competing with the AFL and be commercial enough to be able to pay players a decent amount to play, or be Division 1 of the Adelaide Footy League and allow the stronger clubs in the State find their way to the top and the weaker clubs settle in their place.
User avatar
Aerie
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5294
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:05 am
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 386 times

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:25 am

I see the VFL has increased their cap.

The salary cap has been increased from $200,000 to $220,000 for VFL standalone clubs and from $100,000 to $110,000 for the AFL and AFL-aligned outfits, with a key concession added in a bid to encourage senior experienced players to remain in the competition and develop their coaching skills.

Clubs can pay $10,000 outside the cap for playing coaches, with a number of clubs already having announced a strong line-up of playing coaches for 2022.
User avatar
Mr Beefy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4811
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 598 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests