CDFC 2024

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: CDFC 2023

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:04 pm

Dogs64 wrote:Still no Lange named in the trial squads.

That does sound worrying. However, the club has recently updated player profiles on our website and he is still there.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby DOC » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:05 pm

Under wraps for round 1 against South.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby northerner » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:55 pm

Dogs64 wrote:Still no Lange named in the trial squads.

The only Senior player not to play in at least one of the first two trials... I doubt that has ever occurred before. Normally roll into trials with anywhwere between 8 and 12 injuries.

Great news on Pres. Not an ACL, but severe bone bruising. Will be back Round 3.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 436 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby UK Fan » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:24 am

Lange was runner at the trial saturday

So his injury cant be to bad
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby northerner » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:59 pm

Nick is in the twos tomorrow, which means all players get at least one run in trials. Amazing.

Not playing tomorrow:
Presbury
McCormack
Munn
Carpenter
Larkins

Wyatt Ryan and Ryan Pickering get a chance to impress at league due to Billy's absence.
Pearce gets another chance to impress with Hugo out.
northerner
Reserves

Postby southernbulldog » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:32 pm

Ethan Schwerdt hasnt played a game
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby southernbulldog » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:35 pm

The game is on Saturday
southernbulldog
Reserves

Postby northerner » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:38 pm

southernbulldog wrote:The game is on Saturday

I wrote this knowing that most would read it on Friday ;)
northerner
Reserves

Postby bulldogproud » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:17 pm

In sad news, Danny Westhoff, father of CDFC players Leigh, Matthew and Justin, was killed in a motor vehicle accident this weekend. Heartfelt condolences to the boys and the whole Westhoff family.
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby Brucetiki » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:01 pm

The Grandstand at X Convenience Oval now named the Kris Grant Stand
They don't keep me here because I'm gorgeous and 5'10
Brucetiki
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 185 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:53 pm

Brucetiki wrote:The Grandstand at X Convenience Oval now named the Kris Grant Stand

Plus the lights have finally been upgraded!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:48 pm

Brucetiki wrote:The Grandstand at X Convenience Oval now named the Kris Grant Stand

Great news! The continuation of great stuff happening off field.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby northerner » Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:21 am

So what do we make of the recruits at this early stage?
Ten played in the league against North and IMO, 7 easily make up our top 22.
I am still not sure Larkins and Pickering are up to the standard and Pearce is a work in progress.

In the reserves, Carroll and Anzac L would have been best (along with Cowham) whilst Splann took 9 marks including at least 6 in the forward 50.
Ethan Schwerdt ran himself into good touch in his first hit out for the year.
Probably the only two who seem off the pace atm are Hall and McGrath, with work to do before they would be league candidates.
Finally Jacob L is on the sidelines.

Who is the pick of the new group? For me it's Chisholm. Great to have a mid who can match the likes if Aaron Young who absolutely bullied us last season.
northerner
Reserves

Postby southernbulldog » Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:27 pm

Agree with Chisholm but Jez McLennan has been excellent .
Liddy doesnt get as much of the ball as Trav Schiller but he uses it very well.
Mihail Lochowiak has gotten better each game
Pickering will take time and i think we can look at how the other boys progress as he season goes on .
southernbulldog
Reserves

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:46 pm

northerner wrote:So what do we make of the recruits at this early stage?
Ten played in the league against North and IMO, 7 easily make up our top 22.
I am still not sure Larkins and Pickering are up to the standard and Pearce is a work in progress.

In the reserves, Carroll and Anzac L would have been best (along with Cowham) whilst Splann took 9 marks including at least 6 in the forward 50.
Ethan Schwerdt ran himself into good touch in his first hit out for the year.
Probably the only two who seem off the pace atm are Hall and McGrath, with work to do before they would be league candidates.
Finally Jacob L is on the sidelines.

Who is the pick of the new group? For me it's Chisholm. Great to have a mid who can match the likes if Aaron Young who absolutely bullied us last season.

Sorry for the long post, a tad excited and got time on my hands.

Chisolm- The big bodied midfielder we have been screaming out for. The fact Young couldn't win a clearance early speaks volumes. To go down and kick a goal was great to see, if we are to improve we need more goals from our midfielders like the good ol days. Did fade as game went on so maybe needs to build an engine for SANFL football.

Jez McLennan- Like Chisolm feels a gap we missed, someone with high level of skill and composure to bring the ball out from defence. Most of our best work was done when rebounding from defensive 50 and Jez was often part of that. Lots of Jay Nash vibes watching him.

Mani Liddy- Looks a bloke ready for his league football opportunity, in and under type. Will make players around him better. Very exciting prospect who I think will become a genuinely good SANFL footballer which we were lacking at the start of the year.

Mihail Lochowiak- A bit like McLeannan added some composure and good ball use to our defence. Compliments McLennan nicely as Mihail likes to run and carry a bit more, break up play and create. Good size as well, could play on a third tall or small. Really enjoyed his game on the weekend.

Dale Pearce- Thought he was pretty decent, four shots on goal and probably dropped a couple of marks he should have taken. Like the way he leads and presents and is a pretty decent kick. A bit more confidence in the hands and think he could be pretty handy.

Munn- A bit to work with... versatile for his size. Appeared to be a bit more athletic than a few of our other big men and i think worked well with Pearce.

Little, Pickering, Larkins- Struggled a bit. Pickering tries hard but i don't think I've ever seen a bloke who looks less coordinated on a football field than him. Maybe its just his size but he look he struggles to put one foot in front of the other. There was one moment as well where he picked the ball up and literally froze dead with it in his hands

Jayden Hall- not sure why we recruited him. Hope im wrong but the bloke plays in the league i play in and when i mentioned to our blokes (three in a row premiers) he had gone to Centrals they had to facebook stalk him to work out who he was. Kicked a bag of goals against the bottom side who were pretty much an under 21 team and didnt nothing else in the season. Didn't even finish in top 25 in the mail medal up here. Actually think the club might have mixed him up for Marcus Hall (no relation) who also plays for BBH. Absolute gun albeit a 30 year old now but is a running machine and won a mail medal a couple of years back i believe.

Not a new recruit but the bloke who impressed me a ton was George Kendall......thought it was Heath Lawry running around out there. Another one who was very clean and composed in the back half. Real decent size as well.....finally another big defender.

I know people will say North had an off day......keeping in mind I've been critical of the Dogs in recent years i honestly think Norths off day was because:
-Forward line pressure and team defence: When we lost possession in the back half blokes were getting into the faces of the defenders whilst the other forwards were getting behind the ball and making that kick extremely hard
-Rebound of 50....we were so clean and composed picking the right times to run and gun and the right times to play tempo footy.
-We could actually match Young in the midfield with a big bloke of our own.

More so than any other win in recent years i thought we ticked a bunch of boxes that good sides just have to do in modern football.
whufc
Coach

Postby northerner » Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:03 pm

Agree with above re North's errors. Its been a long time since a Doga team worked so hard and effectively when we were not in possession... attackers harassed and defenders stood in great position.

Love your specific critique whufc, probably only differ in one being Little. I thought he was terrific. Nice size and fast. Just 19yo, a huge get for us.

You mention Kendall. Add Buechner, Iles, Grace and Grant. Suddenly our recruits of the last couple of seasons seem in better position to compete and succeed at this level.
northerner
Reserves

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:08 pm

northerner wrote:Agree with above re North's errors. Its been a long time since a Doga team worked so hard and effectively when we were not in possession... attackers harassed and defenders stood in great position.

Love your specific critique whufc, probably only differ in one being Little. I thought he was terrific. Nice size and fast. Just 19yo, a huge get for us.

You mention Kendall. Add Buechner, Iles, Grace and Grant. Suddenly our recruits of the last couple of seasons seem in better position to compete and succeed at this level.

Yeah loved Iles game, I had him BOG by the length of the Flemington straight, run, carry, composure and i would be shocked if he didn't go at 100% disposal efficiency.

Grant and Liddy will compliment one another, rotating in the centre bounces playing that in and under....old skool rover type eg Slade & Bello back in the day :) :) :)

Grace imo is very much a luxury player dare i say it an SANFL version of De Goey.... at his best he's brilliant, creative, enigmatic, draws attention. At his worse petulant, frustrated, lazy. If we have a decent side Grace will be the perfect wild card we can carry and may even win a game or two of his own boots.
whufc
Coach

Postby bulldogproud » Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:08 pm

Agree with pretty much all the above. Also impressed by our returning 'recruit' Nietschke...he will be very valuable this year as he was able to have a full preseason; the same could be said of Barreau...another we missed through injury a lot last year. One swallow doesn't make a summer (or a winter in this case), but there are plenty of reasons to look forward to matches to come.
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:57 am

Last edited by gazzamagoo on Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:57 am

Yes it was a good win but it was just that, one win.
A week ago a lot of people were very negative after the South loss,
it's round 3 this weekend, if we beat the Crows I might start getting a bit more excited but I'll wait until the end of round 6 to give my assessment,
If we can be AT LEAST 2 and 4 after round 6, then I reckon we're on track.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL