CDFC 2022

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: CDFC 2021

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:43 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:Some will be happy to know that we've canned the second pokies venue.


Glad the club have done due diligence as to whether it’s still the best option and not just done it for the sake of it.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 24709
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 4619 times
Been liked: 2032 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: CDFC 2021

Postby Al4 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:39 pm

SANFL today has a news article with no-one predicting CDFC will play league finals, no CDFC player will win the Magarey and no CDFC player will win the Ken Farmer.

To the contrary, I think we will play finals and that Billy McCormack will poll well in the Magarey, but its very hard for a ruck-man to win, especially if he's picked up in the mid season AFL draft. I don't think we'll do so well on the Ken Farmer, because Aiden Grace will play in the midfield as will Justin Hoskin, while Kendall will play at half forward.

But we'll kick enough goals. We will finish 4th or 5th.

One condition - if we lose McCormack, it will be much harder to make the finals. He will be one of our key players.
Al4
Member
 
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:28 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Re: CDFC 2021

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:16 pm

Al4 wrote:SANFL today has a news article with no-one predicting CDFC will play league finals, no CDFC player will win the Magarey and no CDFC player will win the Ken Farmer.

To the contrary, I think we will play finals and that Billy McCormack will poll well in the Magarey, but its very hard for a ruck-man to win, especially if he's picked up in the mid season AFL draft. I don't think we'll do so well on the Ken Farmer, because Aiden Grace will play in the midfield as will Justin Hoskin, while Kendall will play at half forward.

But we'll kick enough goals. We will finish 4th or 5th.

One condition - if we lose McCormack, it will be much harder to make the finals. He will be one of our key players.

Dunno about finals but I think between 8 and 10 wins. MIGHT just sneak in.
gazzamagoo
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: CDFC 2021

Postby southernbulldog » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:50 pm

Love the optimism but we will need to improve significantly on last season .

As long as we show genuine improvement that will be great
southernbulldog
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:30 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 149 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Re: CDFC 2022

Postby bulldogproud » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:18 am

The form shown in the trials has me quietly confident of rising a couple of spots this year.... however, we need to translate the trial match form into the real season. This Saturday will be a large indication IMHO of how we will go this year; get within four goals of South at their home and I will be quietly confident.
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2806
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:02 am
Location: West Beach
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 264 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Re: CDFC 2022

Postby northerner » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:37 pm

Trial form has us beating the two sides that the Tiser listed as finishing 3/4....but yes Saturday is a different story.

We appear cleaner with our skills, and are taller than we have appeared for 4/5 years. We also have more players capable of a BOG performance on any given day. Will probably play 7 or 8 debutantes this weekend (5 recruits and maybe 3 youngsters), but also have virtual recruits in Montgomerie (who didnt play league after May) and a much fitter looking Trav S.

Personally I think many Clubs appear to have weaker playing lists than last season. We didnt lose any of our top 8 players from 2021, and seem to be stronger although probably lacking less depth (having lost a whole heap of good ressie players).
northerner
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:48 pm
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Re: CDFC 2022

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:52 pm

'Dogs to win this weekend.
gazzamagoo
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: CDFC 2022

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:28 am

If anyone is wondering where Jamie Jones is, see below.

Whilst Jamie has a season permit to play for us, he's still in the NT Thunder Academy program, which leads to the Allies team in the national carnival in June. He has 3 games to play then is up for Allies selection.
gazzamagoo
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: CDFC 2022

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue May 03, 2022 6:43 pm

McCormack's injury is not good news but could be a lot worse,
out for about 6 weeks with a damaged MCL (medial collateral ligament).
Might see him not get picked up in the mid-season draft.
Should be back in time for our surge toward the finals lol :D ;)
gazzamagoo
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: CDFC 2022

Postby bulldogproud » Thu May 05, 2022 12:13 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:McCormack's injury is not good news but could be a lot worse,
out for about 6 weeks with a damaged MCL (medial collateral ligament).
Might see him not get picked up in the mid-season draft.
Should be back in time for our surge toward the finals lol :D ;)


I sure hope that he is indeed back for our surge towards them... as I believe the first finals we may participate in may be about 2024 or 2025 ;)
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2806
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:02 am
Location: West Beach
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 264 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Re: CDFC 2022

Postby whufc » Thu May 05, 2022 12:18 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:McCormack's injury is not good news but could be a lot worse,
out for about 6 weeks with a damaged MCL (medial collateral ligament).
Might see him not get picked up in the mid-season draft.
Should be back in time for our surge toward the finals lol :D ;)


I sure hope that he is indeed back for our surge towards them... as I believe the first finals we may participate in may be about 2024 or 2025 ;)


It is amazing the amount of rinse and repeat we see at the club each year, especially in recruiting. Pretty much for the last 10 years its been, recruit a bunch of 'nobodies' identified by ex players who are out in the footy world. 1 will be proper decent, 2-3 will be bang average, 2 more will be flops that end up average reserves players, there will always be the one who doesn't come or goes home early as well.

Really hoping Edwards first full season at the helm will see a more aggressive recruiting strategy for next season.

Edwards has his work cut out for him though, I genuinely believe our issues go lots deeper than just the CEO or head coach. None more evident then when Andrews wanted his own assistants and the uproar that caused.

We need a complete clean out.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 24709
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 4619 times
Been liked: 2032 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: CDFC 2022

Postby Wedgie » Thu May 05, 2022 1:14 pm

Edwards "recruiting" isn't his best asset. North tried not to involve him in that aspect hence why he moved on.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 48561
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1595 times
Been liked: 3417 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: CDFC 2022

Postby whufc » Thu May 05, 2022 1:16 pm

Wedgie wrote:Edwards "recruiting" isn't his best asset. North tried not to involve him in that aspect hence why he moved on.


Hopefully he can identify other people that can do it better than our current crop, or implement a better system to make it work.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 24709
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 4619 times
Been liked: 2032 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: CDFC 2022

Postby Wedgie » Thu May 05, 2022 1:18 pm

whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Edwards "recruiting" isn't his best asset. North tried not to involve him in that aspect hence why he moved on.


Hopefully he can identify other people that can do it better than our current crop, or implement a better system to make it work.

He'll want to be hands on, good luck.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 48561
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1595 times
Been liked: 3417 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: CDFC 2022

Postby whufc » Thu May 05, 2022 1:23 pm

Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Edwards "recruiting" isn't his best asset. North tried not to involve him in that aspect hence why he moved on.


Hopefully he can identify other people that can do it better than our current crop, or implement a better system to make it work.

He'll want to be hands on, good luck.


We will need the luck. Without having the stats in front of me we would have recruited 30 blokes in the last 5 years (average of 6 a season). At a guess I would say we would be lucky if 5 of them have turned out to be quality SANFL footballers.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 24709
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 4619 times
Been liked: 2032 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: CDFC 2022

Postby Eagles Nest » Thu May 05, 2022 2:18 pm

whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Edwards "recruiting" isn't his best asset. North tried not to involve him in that aspect hence why he moved on.


Hopefully he can identify other people that can do it better than our current crop, or implement a better system to make it work.

He'll want to be hands on, good luck.


We will need the luck. Without having the stats in front of me we would have recruited 30 blokes in the last 5 years (average of 6 a season). At a guess I would say we would be lucky if 5 of them have turned out to be quality SANFL footballers.


Jamie Coff from the Eagles would be one of them - looks like he's playing for Woodville South now.
You've got Blake Launer running around in the league side though, another one that couldn't make the grade at the Eagles and probably still wouldn't.
Eagles Nest
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:12 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: CDFC 2022

Postby bulldogproud » Thu May 05, 2022 3:18 pm

whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Edwards "recruiting" isn't his best asset. North tried not to involve him in that aspect hence why he moved on.


Hopefully he can identify other people that can do it better than our current crop, or implement a better system to make it work.

He'll want to be hands on, good luck.


We will need the luck. Without having the stats in front of me we would have recruited 30 blokes in the last 5 years (average of 6 a season). At a guess I would say we would be lucky if 5 of them have turned out to be quality SANFL footballers.


Sadly, the fact that we are losing players to other clubs is also hurting us (the Menzel boys to the Eagles, McLean, Graham and the Kelly boys to Norwood, Grubb to North Adelaide, McKenzie and Templeton to the Ravens etc.). Most of these will play league at their new teams and would have been regular league players for us. When we can't recruit, it is critical we hold onto our own players.
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2806
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:02 am
Location: West Beach
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 264 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Re: CDFC 2022

Postby whufc » Thu May 05, 2022 3:31 pm

Yeah 100% we lost Menzel x 2 and Boyd for one reason or another but they were genuine top tier SANFL players.

At present I would say we only have 2 recruits in the current side that fit that category.....Fort and McCormack. The rest of the recruits are 'serviceable' at best at may not develop past that. Buechner the most promising of the rest but still has a long way to go imo.

The 2021 crop was horrific...……..Hill, Coff, Templeton, Graham, Morton :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:

Grant has shown signs at times and Neagle is basically the same 'okish' Neagle we recruited the first time.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 24709
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 4619 times
Been liked: 2032 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: CDFC 2022

Postby TDJ44 » Thu May 05, 2022 4:25 pm

whufc wrote:Yeah 100% we lost Menzel x 2 and Boyd for one reason or another but they were genuine top tier SANFL players.

At present I would say we only have 2 recruits in the current side that fit that category.....Fort and McCormack. The rest of the recruits are 'serviceable' at best at may not develop past that. Buechner the most promising of the rest but still has a long way to go imo.

The 2021 crop was horrific...……..Hill, Coff, Templeton, Graham, Morton :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:

Grant has shown signs at times and Neagle is basically the same 'okish' Neagle we recruited the first time.

Unfortunately we don't have the league quality Neagle.
TDJ44
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:03 am
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: CDFC 2022

Postby Dogs64 » Thu May 05, 2022 4:31 pm

whufc wrote:Yeah 100% we lost Menzel x 2 and Boyd for one reason or another but they were genuine top tier SANFL players.

At present I would say we only have 2 recruits in the current side that fit that category.....Fort and McCormack. The rest of the recruits are 'serviceable' at best at may not develop past that. Buechner the most promising of the rest but still has a long way to go imo.

The 2021 crop was horrific...……..Hill, Coff, Templeton, Graham, Morton :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:

Grant has shown signs at times and Neagle is basically the same 'okish' Neagle we recruited the first time.


Losing the Menzel's is the biggest loss. Grace has also been a good recruit.
Dogs64
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:11 am
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 134 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sahboz and 13 guests