Draftees

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Draftees

Postby Reddeer » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:03 pm

Do I imagine it but I thought at one stage the clubs from whom players were drafted received some sort of payment and then a bit more if and when the drafted player debut in the AFL and then even another payment when they played 50 games. What happen to that system if it did exist
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Re: Draftees

Postby locky801 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:24 pm

Reddeer wrote:Do I imagine it but I thought at one stage the clubs from whom players were drafted received some sort of payment and then a bit more if and when the drafted player debut in the AFL and then even another payment when they played 50 games. What happen to that system if it did exist

Know there was a system where money went back to the original junior club, think you had to have played so many games from U14 up to get that money, one drafted there was a payment, 1st AFL game some other payment and not sure after that.

Dont know if it is still in vogue or not, dont think Broadies got anything for Rozee and Woodcock when they were drafted, dont know if North did or not
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Blacky » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:54 pm

Money use to go the club $50k from memory part of that to his local club
Now money goes into pool and evenly distributed to all 8 clubs.
Current image:
Maximum dimensions; width: 100 pixels, height: 100 pixels, file size: 20.51 KiB
The avatar functionality is currently DISABLED.
Blacky
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby robranisgod » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:50 pm

locky801 wrote:
Reddeer wrote:Do I imagine it but I thought at one stage the clubs from whom players were drafted received some sort of payment and then a bit more if and when the drafted player debut in the AFL and then even another payment when they played 50 games. What happen to that system if it did exist

Know there was a system where money went back to the original junior club, think you had to have played so many games from U14 up to get that money, one drafted there was a payment, 1st AFL game some other payment and not sure after that.

Dont know if it is still in vogue or not, dont think Broadies got anything for Rozee and Woodcock when they were drafted, dont know if North did or not

North got nothing for having 5 players drafted in 2018 other than an 1/8th share of the SANFL dividend, the same as all other clubs.
This year North with 1 rookie draft will get the same as the Eagles with 7 drafted.
It is wrong. The Eagles got 7 drafted, they should be rewarded.
Last edited by robranisgod on Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby ferret » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:52 am

Blacky wrote:Money use to go the club $50k from memory part of that to his local club

No incentive, just leads to slackness and laziness.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:59 am

I know my local club got $3k when a former junior was drafted last year.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby goddy11 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:07 am

ferret wrote:
Blacky wrote:Money use to go the club $50k from memory part of that to his local club

The AFL is smart. They know SANFL clubs just want to improve and development is the cheapest and most efficient way of doing it. Clubs are forced to develop. We need the blame the SANFL and John Olsen for letting the AFL get away with it.
I can slightly understand juniors but overage player should get the club a transfer fee.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby ferret » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:40 am

goddy11 wrote:
ferret wrote:

The AFL is smart. They know SANFL clubs just want to improve and development is the cheapest and most efficient way of doing it. Clubs are forced to develop. We need the blame the SANFL and John Olsen for letting the AFL get away with it.
I can slightly understand juniors but overage player should get the club a transfer fee.

"goddy11" very good point about mature draftees. Our club should bring it up with the SANFL.

Refer Friday's Advertiser. The shite article written by simeon thomas-wilson "Bobby takes the credit" , about who at the power discovered our Lachy Jones. Never read so match crap. Heard they do very,very little development of their northern YP zone. NOT ONE mention of the Eagles in his development in this article. The power love to big note themselves and don't care about anyone else. The power were highly critical of the EAGLES for promoting Lachy so much before the draft because they didn't want him to go high so they would lose more points. Hypocrites!!!!!!
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby JK » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:44 pm

Mentioned at the time this was a ridiculous measure. But like RIG said, we got pilfered a few years back and got stuff all, now we collect more than we should for having 1 played rookied.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby spell_check » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:05 pm

ferret wrote: The power were highly critical of the EAGLES for promoting Lachy so much before the draft because they didn't want him to go high so they would lose more points. Hypocrites!!!!!!

I was not the only one disappointed that another AFL club did not call Jones earlier (like #10), forcing the Power to match.
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Board index   Football  SANFL